Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Alarm not working when P1 is switched off

Author Alarm not working when P1 is switched off
BratPAQ
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 23:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-12-07 18:05:16, sunking101 wrote:

On 2007-12-07 17:34:04, Boinng wrote:

On 2007-12-07 17:20:15, sunking101 wrote:
Well, that's a pedantic technicality. To me 'phone off' means device off. It is after all a mobile phone the last time I looked.

That's probably where you're going wrong. From the P800 onwards, these haven't really been mobile phones, they've been mobile devices with phone functionality. With Flight mode on, they have no phone functionality, so no there's no pedantry involved in saying the phone's off, even when your P1 is still on. It's just the truth.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2007-12-07 16:35 ]

Well, to me flight mode is only of use when I don't want to receive a call yet still want to, erm, play with my phone. ie it's hardly used at all. The name 'flight mode' should give it away really - use on aeroplanes etc. It seems that some people in this thread refuse to switch their phones off for some reason, it's a prohibited thing in UIQ world. Well I do switch my phone OFF every night. Oh and come on, it's a phone! Yes you can do a bit of elementary web surfing if you're really pushed to get online and yes you can do a few other things of no real necessity but these devices are still 95%+ for texting and making/receiving calls at the end of the day.

[ This Message was edited by: sunking101 on 2007-12-07 17:08 ]

yes, thats right, repeating that its a phone will somehow change the fact that its a PDA and a PHONE in ONE.
Reality is an illusion.
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-08 19:12
> [...] these devices are still 95%+ for texting and making/receiving calls at the end of the day.

Now I understand why you are keep thinking of the P1 as a phone!

You should get a simple mobile phone, not a PDA-Phone.
You would be much more happier and stop bugging us on these topics that lead nowhere.
sunking101
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-08 22:16

On 2007-12-08 19:12:35, _LAU_ wrote:
> [...] these devices are still 95%+ for texting and making/receiving calls at the end of the day.

Now I understand why you are keep thinking of the P1 as a phone!

You should get a simple mobile phone, not a PDA-Phone.
You would be much more happier and stop bugging us on these topics that lead nowhere.

Oh excuse me! I was of the opinion that some of you guys were bugging ME
If you put your precious PDA down for a moment and read through this thread, you'll see that I did not start this thread. Somebody else must have been "bugging you" because the thread was alive and well. I only dipped in again a couple of days ago as people have been posting about this minor problem!

People can have different opinions you know, just because you're happy with a particular feature and don't find it a problem doesn't mean that everybody feels the same way. People have been bleating about the green tint on the camera for months but it doesn't really bother me. Not being able to switch off my phone in order to use the alarm, when my last ten handsets have had no difficulty managing this feat, IS an annoyance to me. It's minor yes and of course I can live with it but it's a pain nonetheless. I don't need you or anybody else belittling my complaints just because you don't find it a problem. I'm sure you have some issues in your life that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Telling me to get "a simple mobile phone" is out of order. I'll buy what I choose and have used smartphones for a few years now. I use less functions on this P1i frankly because it isn't as good as my old Nokia. The web browser for one. I find that I'm using the P1i mainly as a mobile phone but if you tell me that you don't, I'd find it hard to believe.

[ This Message was edited by: sunking101 on 2007-12-08 21:19 ]
BratPAQ
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 13:58
lol, if you are looking for a car that flies, buy a plane instead
Reality is an illusion.
don aquilino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-06 03:25
how do i make the alarm on my p1i longer?

and does any body know how to put the older version of symbian on my p1i?
arvinlad
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-07 13:12
If I turn my phone off - I want it OFF! - I don't want to have to remove the battery to completely disable the thing! LOL

www.answersingenesis.org , www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi