Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Operation Failed : How to solve it.

Previous  1234  Next
Author Operation Failed : How to solve it.
DJKarlos2006
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 14:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've had the operation failed relating to my messages twice since I've had the phone (6 weeks) and both times a Master Reset did the trick... Needs a flash upgrade, hopefully one that fixes this bug.
Memzee
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-25 16:01
Updating the 37 through SEUS fixed the problem.. although I lost all of the messages in my inbox.. nevermind - at least it seems to be working now!
allotrope
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 17:52
Hi ppl!
Well today while smsing a client i had about done about 2 messages long when suddenly the phone hung. Totally jammed and everything i pressed didn't elicit a response from the phone. I did notice that the light sensor that controls the brightness of the phone LCD did still react to the environment. Prior to that i sent about 5 or 6 mms out and about 10 sms. In the end i had to remove the battery and restarted the phone. Everything was working except now i get an operation failed when i tried sending another sms out and i couldn't access my inbox and sent messages as all stated operation failed.
DId a partial reset but that didn't help so did a reset all and it fixed the problem. Never experienced such a thing from Sony ericsson and getting quite disappointed. Hoping a firmware update will solve it. Oh yer, my firmware is R1CA029
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-11-25 18:00
I recall this happening with my K790i. I couldn't open my games folder without getting the "operation failed" message. The only way to clear it up for me was to do a firmware update via DaVinci Team. I believe it was the dreaded "Eprom Corruption" And to pay for it. The second time it happened I was able to fix it for good. I bought a Nokia.
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 01:03
Just noticed...

If you connect your K850i to your PC using USB using the mass storage mode you can see a "system" folder (can't remember if in the phone memory or the mem card).
Then you have a "AMS" folder where some Java related stuff is stored.

Maybe if you delete them the problem is gone, or maybe not, but it might be worth a try...

I replaced my phone so the "Operation Failed" problem is gone.

... for now...

DISCLAIMER: You are responsible for anything you try. Do not take what i said as granted.

Fórmula1 em Português: http://www.f1portugal.com

[ This Message was edited by: Krubach on 2007-11-26 00:04 ]
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 07:06
so can someone clear something up for me?

If i change my phone to the latest software will it def stop the operation failed happening?
Terminatorak
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 20:05
No.
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 20:11

On 2007-11-26 20:05:54, Terminatorak wrote:
No.

actually your wrong i did it yesterday to my friends K850 and it worked, he couldnt open, his contacts, his applications, his games and the phone wouldnt even stay on for longer than 2 minutes.

After i flashed it using davinci it works fine now, everything is back to normal
Terminatorak
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-30 20:41
@DonJuan

The question was will updating definately get rid of the operation failed message. The answer to that is no, it will not definately get rid of it. It might, but not definately.
Prodigal Me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-11 23:55

On 2007-11-26 01:03:59, Krubach wrote:
Just noticed...

If you connect your K850i to your PC using USB using the mass storage mode you can see a "system" folder (can't remember if in the phone memory or the mem card).
Then you have a "AMS" folder where some Java related stuff is stored.

Maybe if you delete them the problem is gone, or maybe not, but it might be worth a try...

I replaced my phone so the "Operation Failed" problem is gone.

... for now...

DISCLAIMER: You are responsible for anything you try. Do not take what i said as granted.

I tried this, but it didn't work. It could be possible to fix it this way though. There's a whole lot of files in System>ams (about 2-8 files for every java application or game you've installed). Some of them have the name of the app in the file name and some just have unidentifiable names (ja83a721acc64b87a7f6f75ee11de01e9822eefd2.b.$ for example). So I deleted the game files that I believed could have been corrupt or whatever, but then there's another folder (System>ams>java>db) which contains more files but they all have the nonsense filenames. I think that there's one of those for every app you install, but I can't tell which ones are for which app (because of the filenames), and I'm not about ready to delete all my games yet. I'll use that as a last resort and report back here to tell if it worked.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that I'm really angry with SE for allowing this glitch through. Not only that, they have next to no solutions for the problem on their website.
Prodigal Me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 01:28
I just updated with SEUS, but it didn't work. Just so you all know, I got the operation failed when trying to go in the Games and Applications folders, and when trying to install a new Jar file. Sometimes when I tried to get into the games folder, operation failed message wouldn't come up, the folder just would open. I've also recently noticed that I can't open the SenseMe map/chart/thing now either.

Just now, I tried removed all the files from the System>ams folder. It did nothing. Still can't get into Games, Applications, SenseMe, nor can I install new Jar files. I'm gonna try a Master reset, soon as I back up my contacts, but I'm not feeling to confident about it.
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 01:41
You have 2 solutions:
-Take it to SE center and let them teinstall the full FW
-Flash the Main and FS files via XS++

K850 is not supported yet by XS++ so you got only option 1!
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
Prodigal Me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 01:51
Will they charge me to install the full firmware? By the way its a W910i, but I understand that they're similar in terms of their faults.

I tried the master reset. It did stuff all. It wouldn't wipe the M2 card, which I think is where the corrupt file is. Meanwhile I've lost all my themes, my Word list, my calendar and probably more things. I'm not to happy about all this really.

PLUS: I just redownloaded the original W910i themes from sethpo.de, BUT the Soundscape theme doesn't have the flash desktop anymore. How rubbish is that?! I really liked that theme too.

AND!!!: The Walkman player doesn't open anymore from the desktop anymore!! WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!

Yeh but all jokes aside, I'm pissed big time. I shouldn't have to go wasting my entire morning trying to fix this crap, only to have it go more and more tits up as I go. Plus, I bought the phone off ebay. I'm not saying that it's dodge cause of that or anything, but if I go into a Telstra shop to get it fixed or replaced or anything like that they'll probably give me a hard time cause it wasn't bought there.

Actually will they? If the phone hasn't been bought there, will they repair/replace/come within 20 metres of it?

[ This Message was edited by: Prodigal Me on 2007-12-12 01:15 ]
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 10:53
My K800 had the problem of operation failed because: it was connected in data transfer mode to my PC under Vista,then I switched off my PC forgetting to unplugg first my K800,the phone was displaying ''now it's safe to unplugg'' and freezed on it,restarted the K800 taking off the battery and tadaaaaaa ''operation failed'' on games folder!
I had to use XS++ to flash the main and fs files and worked perfectly.
Now W910 and K850 are not supported by XS++ today so as I said the uique solution is to take it to a SE center,and YES it sould be FREE OF CHARGE if you have any warranty because its a SE bug
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
Prodigal Me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 12:44
Sweet. Well I say sweet but it still sucks hole really, doesn't it?

Thanks heaps though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi