Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Operation Failed : How to solve it.

1234  Next
Author Operation Failed : How to solve it.
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 18:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys,

Ok... i'm re-evaluating my opinion about my brand new K850i. I was loving it, but...

Since yesterday i'm getting the "Operation Failed" error when trying to:
- Run an app
- Run a Game
- Install an App
- Install a Game

I tried everything:
- Master Reset
- Mem. Stick format (since games were stored there)
- Master reset without Mem. Stick

And the problem persists.
First of all i think that it is stupid if a master reset doesn't really clean up all the cr@p you've done. The software/firmware should be completely restored as it was when leaving the factory.

I know many people have this problem with other phones also, and i can't seem to find an answer on how to solve this.
It must be have been a huge f***-up from someone because i guess it's Java related in all recent phones. And they still haven't solved it.

So, it's back to the store with mine and get myself a replacement.

Post you experiences here too, so others can get some info about this. [addsig]
CruSifiXken
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 19:55
I solved this by doing a master reset WITH user content also deleted...
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 16:00
Agh not again!!!
Its like the K800!!
Why cant they just leave it like the K750 that phone used any type of java app. No problems!
JenJenn--x3
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 18:23
I have that "Operation failed" problem with my w910i. Had it about 3 weeks now. Problem occured today. Except my problem is different. I don't get it for games only messages. I can't view my inbox or sent messages. I also cannot receive or send any SMS messages. This is a HUGE problem for me as I love to use my phone!

N.B Master reset didn't work for me either =|

[ This Message was edited by: JenJenn--x3 on 2007-11-20 17:36 ]
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 02:05
Whats a master reset with user data too mean? Did everyone get this after connecting it to their pc?
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 10:39
I guess so.
But i also think that everybody connects the phone to a PC at a given time.
Can't really conclude that was it... [addsig]
$herry
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 13:22
same problem as krubach..
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 05:24
yeah but if you notice you safely remove the hardware from the pc and the pc thinks its safely disconnected but the k850 is obviously not, so we disconnect it and then we lose data. Its exactly what happened with mine. When i get my replacement im not connecting it via the sony ericsson pc suite until they sort this problem out
anandman
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 07:51
I have this problem and have never connected it to my PC through USB, just Bluetooth. And even there, have always disconnected properly.
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-22 11:01
The problem can be solved by reinstalling those problamatic app or game.for that yöü should be needing the original jar file.i had problem.i too did all things.i think it mainly because some apps disturb the database for these apps/games..hence the problem.
The best thing is try reinstalling .this should work.
Check whether yöü completely download the jar file from the sites,some incomplete jar file can also cause this.
Try it and reply here.
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 11:05

On 2007-11-22 11:01:49, naveensiva wrote:
The problem can be solved by reinstalling those problamatic app or game.for that yöü should be needing the original jar file.i had problem.i too did all things.i think it mainly because some apps disturb the database for these apps/games..hence the problem.
Check whether yöü completely download the jar file from the sites,some incomplete jar file can also cause this.
Try it and reply here.

I got myself a replacement yesterday from ThePhoneHouse (Portuguese equivalent to CPW), so i can't really try that out.
But i think i tried installing something and i got the same error: "Operation Failed"
Maybe someone else could try this...
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 21:38

On 2007-11-22 11:01:49, naveensiva wrote:
Try it and reply here.

I tried this though and tried to download opera mini again and it started to download and i was like oh cool, but then when the download was complete it said operation failed, instead of it asking me where to save the file
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-23 15:07
First of all each app may behave differently.
Try to first delete them.if it says operation failed..then try downloading the softwares on to your computer.and put them in OTHERS folder.
And in the phone in to that folder..try installing.
This should work.
My apps and game became double when i installed chess game ...i Wasnt able to install the game.but atlast ended up doubling the apps..ie both jar and jad file showing in the folder..many worked fine.but some said operation failed.
When i deleted them it said operation failed again.i tried to master reset.didnt work...
Tried to delete those files in memory card thru pc...didnt work.i think some files are stored on to phonememory,some hidden folder,may be..this is my guess..
Surely some one here or at se-nse Should work on this major problem.

Ok try my solution.
It worked for me.
Since i tired every possible things ,i finally came to conclusion that this is the solution right now..

Please try it and reply.
Stud
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 16:06
Yup, I have the same issue when I try to open the games folder or the application folder. Geez :S

I did reset, hard reset (taking the battery out and putting it back in) and also the Master Reset with EVERYTHING. And still get the annoying "Operation Failed" . I guess our only hope would be to wait for the next firmware update.

I called Sony Ericsson's Customer Service and they told me : "Right now, we are unable to tell customer when this firmware update will be available. Just keep trying to look for updates in your phone using the search for update option or by sonyericsson.com" . So, I decided to call them but to a different department, Spanish department. And this guy from Argentina answered : "Try Master Reset and if it doesn't work return it and get a new one" . And I was like . And for the firmware update, he said : "That will be released at the middle of the next year . LOL This guy DOES have a lot of Customer Service skills, lol.
$herry
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 16:23
somebody do something [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi