Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 12:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Guys, those who own a W910, please clarify few points from GSM Arena review for me...

Key features
- Powerful loudspeaker

Main disadvantages
- Wobbly slider

From the forum posts it seems that the slider is pretty good but GSM Arena say the other way round??? And they said the loudspeaker is loud and from their chart, louder than K850 (at ringtone)??? Where am I going wrong???
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 12:39
As I said before, the build quality is one of the best, so are the slider..
Loudspeakers is loud enough you won't miss any call.
---------------------
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 12:42
is the w910 speaker as loud as k850's? or is it at par with w900? how about its sound, does it have some bass in it?
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 13:10
@SilveR.

Thanks!!!

Also in the review, it's mentioned that they keypad is good whereas MR said it's bad... I m not so sure... Can you please tell if it's good???

After reading the GSM Arena review, W910 indeed seems like a really good phone... Just in music department it could have been better...

[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2007-11-17 12:11 ]
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 13:24

On 2007-11-17 13:10:27, hgautam wrote:
@SilveR.

Thanks!!!

Also in the review, it's mentioned that they keypad is good whereas MR said it's bad... I m not so sure... Can you please tell if it's good???

After reading the GSM Arena review, W910 indeed seems like a really good phone... Just in music department it could have been better...

[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2007-11-17 12:11 ]

Compare the keypad to W880i is day and night. I think it's more personally taste.. Better you go and try it out how it is.. one of my mats hate the keypad on W910. for me it's feels same as old S700i , if you owned or tried a S700, then you have the answer.. yes I like it a lot
---------------------
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 13:57
I really dont see the point with people going on about the speakers in a phone. Listening to music on them is total crap wheather its a N73-N95 or a W910 or any other phone for a matter of fact. What should matter in a music phone is the sound through the earphones, the speakers are kjust ringers and as long as you can hear it its sufficient.
KopStar
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 14:35
@ DarkKrypt

When I said that the speakers were crap, I meant that the speaker had A LOT of distortion on them; they are also lacking in bass... compare the speakers on something like the K810 or W850i and you'll see what I mean...

I also noticed that when you stop playback in the Walkman player, there is a bit of a crackle in there, but when you play music via the file manager or ringtones, it's not there?

So could it be that the speakers are borked, or is it something that can be solved in firmware?

aksd makes a very good that playback through the speakers should not really matter anyways, but I just want to know if it is a fault or I sould ask for a replacement...

[ This Message was edited by: temporal_dragon on 2007-11-17 13:40 ]
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 15:39
@temporal dragon,

Compare your phone to another W910 with the same song, if the variation is slight forget about it, if theres a notable difference in the sound output demand a replacement, I think you've got 7 days to do so right?

Regards,

Akshay
KopStar
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 18:11
I'm actually not thinking of jacking the W910i in and getting the N81 anyways, despite my gripes...

My girlfriend bluetoothed me a pic of our son and when I tried to apply it as a maximised wallpaper, the phone flashes up with an error that the file is not recognised then said that the memory is full... even though the M2 card has 263MB free and phone memory has 20MB free!
"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
- The Joker
Current Phone: W910i with 2GB M2
Get themes for your SE K850i and W910i @ http://fluiddynamic.co.uk!
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 18:34
Looks like the pic may have been greater than 2Mpx in res, was that the case?
KopStar
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-17 18:53

On 2007-11-17 18:34:55, aksd wrote:
Looks like the pic may have been greater than 2Mpx in res, was that the case?

Nope... it was a 1024 x 768 image. I also tried it with a 240 x 320 and it gave the same result...
I also applied the image as a standard wallpaper and when it is displayed on the standby screen, the image is greatly reduced in quality.
"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
- The Joker
Current Phone: W910i with 2GB M2
Get themes for your SE K850i and W910i @ http://fluiddynamic.co.uk!
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 21:27
Hi all,

OK we better all start saying nice things about the W910 just ignore the truth and make NightBlade happy, as otherwise he is going to throw a hissy fit and we will all have to suffer as he puts it.

"you will experience the avalanche of words that is my vocabulary."

Now we wouldn't want that now would we? i mean we may all die laughing if his past post's are anything to go by.

As for this excellent bit of posting and his opinion

"You seem to have forgotten that a phone is not just about the camera or the speakers, it's about the overall experience."

What even you can't believe that rubbish the parts of the phone make up the overall experience and if a Walkman phone only has just about adequate sound just how can that give a good user experience. Just because it's from SE is no excuse to ignore all the problems people are paying good money for this device and have aright to expect what they pay for not just a pretty phone with very average performance.

There is nothing wrong with liking and buying a particular brand but your sort of blind loyalty and devotion is just ridiculous you can't here a bad word said about any SE device. Why all because you love SE that's really sad and the only person you are really fooling is yourself.

Oh and just in case you didn't get the message your attitude and opinions are ludicrous, ludicrous , ludicrous , ludicrous , ludicrous.

Watch out every one AVALNACHE!!!!!!

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-17 20:28 ]
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 00:15
lol so many W910i haters in this post.
if you want to give people opinions on the phone, at least state the advantages it has, not just stating all the obvious disadvantages.

like the person who posted this topic, all he/she's been doing is bashing the W910i from the very start (no offence mate).

everything said in the GSMARENA review is basically pretty true, just that i dont agree with the wobbly slider part, since my w910i isnt experiencing this issue even till today.

[ This Message was edited by: swordliger on 2007-11-17 23:17 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 00:23
^^
if you want to give people opinions on the phone, at least state the advantages it has, not just stating all the obvious disadvantages.

this thread is meant to show only the disadvantages of the phone. It's very obvious as SE haters are infesting this place to implicate the disadvantages of the phone. not considering any advantages or good things. in short this thread is irradical and biased to the bad(truth as dogmann calls it )
10 years at Esato
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 00:33
@ razec

yeah but read post number 3 on the first page of this post.

the poster said:
"And moreover this is to help choose people if they need to buy this phone,and is not biased as u say."

as if this is going to help them decide whether to buy the phone or not. all this is going to do is help them HATE and DISLIKE the w910i
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic