Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

123 ... 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

Should u buy W910i, Read on.Hope this helps.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w910-en.shtml

keypad

The numeric keys are made of a thin slab, and provide a very modest travel. Basically, you need to press them with your entire finger pads; this sets it apart from most other keypads. The ergonomics of this solution are not really decent, and you will need some time to get used to it. Those into texting might even find the W910i completely unsuitable.

Speaker phone

Speakerphone mode. Used as a juke box, this handset doesn’t blow you away with quality, for it packs only one speaker that starts distorting your music as soon as you get to its top volume settings. So it is pretty loud, but this comes at the price of creaking sounds and generally worse sonic experience. The W910i is behind all offerings armed with stereo-speakers. Moreover, the today’s Walkman range has no devices coming with two stereo-speakers onboard.

Sound quality-Headphones

Model is neither better nor worse than other members of the Walkman line-up

Hardware

Hardware-wise, the W910i sports no dedicated chips for sound enhancement, and in the sense of sonic experience, rather than player’s functionality, all Sony Ericsson branded handsets turn out to be pretty much in the same boat.

Comaprision

When we compared the sound quality delivered by the W910i with the Nokia 5310 and the Samsung i450it was clearly behind both of them. Its bass level is less decent than that found on other solutions, the same goes for its top volume settings, and the equalizers found on the Nokia’s phone have greater impact on what you actually hear

Freqquency Test-Disturbing

the W910i’s Frequency response is excessively distorted , plus its lower frequencies are too elevated. Putting it simply, this phone’s sound is nowhere near what we call “smooth”, and on top of that it artificially boosts its bass, which is pretty ragged already. Replacing the default earphones won’t do much good – the player is doing better with the bundled set of headphones plugged in, and what is more, the output signal’s volume isn’t that great either.

Competition

As fast as sound quality is concerned, the W910i is a clear outsider on the today’s market of music phones, it just doesn’t deliver. That’s why let’s look not at this department

Impressions
Regrettably, given that average sonic experience it delivers, we can’t really call it a true music-heavy solution

This, ridiculous it may sound, though, is getting to be pretty much true of all Walkman-branded phones. Probably, after spotting the Walkman logo, some will imagine its sound-related marvels, but sadly these are only dreams and groundless thoughts. On every single blind test, the Sony Ericsson’s product ended up behind the Ultra Music and the XPressMusic solutions

But don’t count on its music department.

The company needs to turn this negative trend around and add hardware sound enhancements apart from numerous software tweaks

If this matter will keep getting short shrift, in a year’s time the sales of Walkman-branded phones get on a downswing and they won’t be turning heads any more

But, regrettably, the W910i isn’t much of a music phone

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-13 11:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-17 08:44 ]
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:25
I've read the review hours ago, and i must say this post is pretty biased.

the actual review did state some advantages, not all were disadvantages. and the fact that some words are in BOLD clearly shows how biased this post is.

in responce, i agree the phone's speaker's arent that good, but everything else is ok, and the keypad is just different to the usual SE style so all it takes is 5 SMS's to get used to.
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:37

On 2007-11-13 12:25:29, swordliger wrote:
I've read the review hours ago, and i must say this post is pretty biased.

the actual review did state some advantages, not all were disadvantages. and the fact that some words are in BOLD clearly shows how biased this post is.

in responce, i agree the phone's speaker's arent that good, but everything else is ok, and the keypad is just different to the usual SE style so all it takes is 5 SMS's to get used to.

My point for this thread if more Foucssed w910 is not a music phone.And
some words are BOLD because people who dont want to go to the link and keep scolling on the huge page to read line be line.

Just pointed out key words why is w910 not a music phone.

And moreover this is to help choose people if they need to buy this phone,and is not biased as u say.

And those who have this phone already, i understand its painful to know this facrs.But truth should be said to prosepective buyers right?
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:44
I would say like this, for who want buy this phone..
Who want a nice looked slim design and top quality phone shall buy this..

And the sound quality are still very good. so you can use this as a music player.. I got both w880 and w910o, I have to say W910 got better sound quality than W880..

We All know, Cash is the King!

[ This Message was edited by: SilveR. on 2007-11-13 11:56 ]
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:50
yeah i understand what you mean.

but because the post contains only negatives, it convinces people who are thinking to get the phone to not buy it.

and if its just pointing out why W910 isnt a music phone, there wouldnt be a need to include the keypad part.
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:52
A phone is a Music phone. End of.

SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:58
W200 is a walkman phone then it's also music phone.. How is the quality, if we compare to the W910. just for example .
Walkman phone can be a design phone too, as W880 and W910.
---------------------
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:09

On 2007-11-13 12:58:24, SilveR. wrote:
W200 is a walkman phone then it's also music phone.. How is the quality, if we compare to the W910. just for example .
Walkman phone can be a design phone too, as W880 and W910.

Good question, any phone could be called a walkman phone like the w200 and the w910,but people expect walkman to have great sound quality,they just dont need a phone that just has the ORANGE WALKMAN LOGO,which alone wont do any MAGIC to sound quality but can be used for MARKETING,the way SE uses it.

I think thats what reviewer is trying to imply also!!
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:09
I am really disappointed in the headset quality........ I don't know why SE Until the moment didn't look after this Specially after the Loser W850 in headset off course......

I know that Walkman phone is a music phone as PK said and the most important point in any walkman device in the world is the headset

just try W700 W900 W800 and K750 through the headset, you will know what I mean ........

[ This Message was edited by: Pop Lover on 2007-11-13 12:12 ]
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:23
So true that orange logo dosent say much.

K750i and W800 is same phone except the software, one is Walkman branded
other one is standard.

But Walkman phone is a mark trick from SEs side. but phone are cool and nice..

It's same from Nokia side with those Musicxpress phones..
---------------------
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:30
Mobile-review said Samsung Ultra Music phones and Nokia XpressMusic are a way better than W910 in term of music.......
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:40
Agree there.. But there is lot differents walkman phones out market

And they said also this only has 176x144 video rec. which is wrong, this got QVGA video rec, question is which firmware did they test this phone on?
---------------------
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:50
@SilveR

did you try out the Xpress Music Phones from Nokia Like 5610 and Ultra Music phone from samsung

If not......Then I think this is the time to figure out which the best music family in the Mobility World
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:51
Another hater's thread. Seriously now, this is getting annoying.
W910 is one of the best phones out there and no one can convince me otherwise.
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:55

On 2007-11-13 13:50:42, Pop Lover wrote:
@SilveR

did you try out the Xpress Music Phones from Nokia Like 5610 and Ultra Music phone from samsung

If not......Then I think this is the time to figure out which the best music family in the Mobility World

Noppe.. I think I'm to old to try out music phones right now, some else have to do it . ages runs to fast for me, as that reviewer said those was better than W910. It would be more nice if some could test lot of walkman phones ans other brand music phones, which quality are the best.

But for me Design. Quality are more important when I get a phone

---------------------
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic