Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE hsdpa symbol?

Author SE hsdpa symbol?
poppedin2say
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-29 22:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Strangest thing happened to me. Phone always displayed 3G. Visited family London 24th 25th May. Cant say when the 3G icon changed to an H but definitely didnt notice it till I was in London. Then it was bothering me not knowing what it was. I even went so far as to pop in to carphone warehouse shop in london and luckily the guy I asked shouted his friend/co-worker over who owned the same phone and showed me his phone with the "H" icon. However he explained it as stronger signal strength because of the amount of mobile recievers throughout London and that it operates slightly differently. I notice the phone "H" stayed there all the way to Edinburgh (Forgot to mention I live in Glasgow). Half way between Haymarket in Edinburgh and Glasgow the "H" changed back to 3G...........for about 2 minutes then changed back. Its been displaying the "H" ever since. Being a Scotsman I was concerned it was costing me money but have no idea why it changed. I couldnt afford to browse the web and wouldnt via a mobile phone. Apart from footbal score latests I cant think of many reasons Id want to do what could wait till I got home, besides I pay through the nose per 1MB downloaded.

PS Fellow Scots dont be offended by the the thrifty joke. Ive lived in England 25 of my 37 years and can testify at least to the Lanarkshire and Yorkshire "folk" and if I was forced to generalise, the Scots are less mean with money, or lets say in Lanarkshire less so than Yorkshire. But then again dont the Yorkshire folk have a rep as being thrifty? Anyway way off point, just in case anyone got a stick up their blankety blank about that comment.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi