Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > How do i get my money back?

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 121314  Next
Author How do i get my money back?
andreww
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 17:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I got a call from PC Lyons from Hull police station who mentioned they have read this thread.

My tickets were purchased more than 60 days ago so I'm following up with Ebay/Paypal by the long-winded route.

Is anyone having any success at all with Ebay's dispute resolution process?Does it have any provision for dealing with uncooperative sellers?
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 18:04
Let's hope the cruise that she's on is the one sinking in the Antarctic waters. Not sure guys but on the other link to this site their are some holiday pictures and one of them could be her she looks like a 43 yr old with a dated tan and with 3 other people. Dont bother wasting anymore money taking her to court have been told that she has nothing to claim back anyway.
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 18:19
Frankly,if its more than 60 days ago you are wasting your breath with fleabay/payscam - they aren't interested.

Let the Police do their stuff and give them all the info you can.
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 18:40
Well from that site then it is well over the £1,000 the police require to investigate further, it isn't about the money for me anymore, it's the principle. I want this woman to face up to the consequences of her actions and be punished accordingly.

I never expected to recieve so many responses from this on post but it seems to have brought us together which is good. I tried to make a complaint through paypal and ebay but i've been ignored by both.

Can i ask how you all got these paypal references and how to go about it? I'll be ringing my bank tomorrow just as a long shot to see if they can retrieve the money back, would be handy with xmas coming up.
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 18:49
How did you pay? If its with a credit card you are insured.
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 18:55
It was with a credit card, i'm with Lloyds TSB and i had a gold card at the time but it has changed over to airmiles duo now so i don't have the old card with the full 16 digits across the front. However the new cards are attached to the old account so fingers crossed. It's the principle that is more important. Thanks for the quick reply there. Lets hope they nail her, it'll take time but as long as she gets what's coming i'll be patient.
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 19:02
Yeh i think we all feel the same way now she must not be aloud to get away with it. The polioce will catch up with her at some point and as soon as they do we can all stick together and fingers crossed she gets what is deserved. Good Luck with trying to get your money back .
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 19:07
I have been in touch with a local paper in Hull the number you can make contact on is 01482315149 his name is Rick Lyon. Let him know your story he is thinking about doing a name and shame on her. Its worth a try !
ebay_tvsids
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:26
lion*heart*
I have informed Police and Paper

Her address is Debbie Shepherd, 12 Highfield Rise, Preston, Hull, HU12 8RA.

I beleive the name maybe an alias
try
ANN SHEPHERD
or my moneys on
JAMES P ROBINSON

Both registered at this address.

If you paid via paypal, keep asking for a refund, speak to people there, tell them there is a police investigation happening. Paypal will have to give you a refund even if its after the 45 days.

If you paid via credit card, do a claim back through the credit card company, they will act quicker than PayPal and you will get your money back.

This scam was planned as I have some evidence of this, which I will keep to myself and give to the police only.

DO NOT BE SCAMMED ON EBAY AGAIN....

[ This Message was edited by: ebay_tvsids on 2007-11-24 12:27 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:28
oops

[ This Message was edited by: fatreg on 2007-11-24 12:28 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:37
if she still lives there?

was bought 04/08/2006 for £165,000

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/map.php?pc=HU12+8RA&show=s

but the Police say that's rented accommodation so chances are she is on the run somewhere.
ebay_tvsids
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:51
This was the postal address for lion*heart* in Sept 2007, so it is since it was purchased in 06.

It could be that there is a forwarding address for them with the post office if they have moved.

I have more info which leads me to Chigwell, Limes Farm & Harlow.
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 17:25
Hi all,

I too have been the victim of this callus fraudster Debbie ann shepherd AKA Lion*heart* Her Ebay name.

I purchased two tickets for a take that at a cost of £220.00, of course I had the same E-mail's 90% arrived... yours are sure to be here soon. Same old rubbish.

Anyway I contacted my local West Midlands Police who were not in the least bit helpful, so I tried Humberside East riding of Yorkshire police on this Number 0845 6060222. This was more like it... they already have double figure complaints about this Fraudster and are taking it very seriously. I have been given a crime reference N0: I would advise anyone in the same situation to do the same. The more people Who file complaints the more seriously the police are going to take this matter.

After 60 days of purchasing an item, EBay will not let you raise a dispute against a seller they wash there hands of you, They will only talk to the police.

Paypal Claims there dispute deadline is 45 days... But after a lengthy conversation today they conceded and told me any transaction is open to police investigation for a period of 180 day's. And you can still be refunded pending the police investigations.

Paypal told me to telephone the police again and give them this Telephone Number 02086053028. According to the guy I spoke to at Paypal, the more people requesting the police to call this number regarding the Fraudulent Debbie Ann Shepherd the more chance paypal users have of getting their money back.

So get reporting her !! and quote the paypal number police.

If you would like to get an Email petition together to submit to paypal, please let me know I think this would help too.

Regards

Dixy

haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 17:45
Hi i would be very interested to get a petition together, if we all get are transaction numbers and the amounts and one of us can forward it on to them.
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 18:47
Ok,

If anyone wants to forward me their paypal transacion numbers I will add them all to a single Email and forward it paypal requesting a refund. i will give every one seven days. I'll submit it next Sunday evening and see what response I get.

I will post the paypal response on here.

E-mail me dixy_wixy@hotmail.com

Regards

W
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic