Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > How do i get my money back?

123 ... 121314  Next
Author How do i get my money back?
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 14:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
As many of you may know i've been ripped off by an ebay seller. Basically on the 5th June i bought 2 tickets to see Donny Osmond in concert tomorrow for my Mum's birthday present. Everything went through ok and i paid via paypal at the time. The seller had excellent feedback and replied to all my emails etc etc.

A couple of weeks ago i asked when i'd get the tickets and was told that she'd recieved around 70% that she was expecting and would let me know the moment they arrived. I emailed again twice after that as i hadn't heard anything and never got a reply. The concert is tomorrow and there not going to come.

What are my options as it is too late to claim through paypal as it is over the 45 days? They cost me £80 in total and my Mum is obviously gutted and so am i to have let her down. Just wondered what my next move should be and how to go about it, because there is no way i am letting this go.

just thought i would add their username on here:

lion*heart*

[ This Message was edited by: haynesycop on 2007-10-25 13:26 ]
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 14:39
I've just emailed ebay with this, hopefully they can help me;

Hi i bought and paid for 2 Donny Osmond concerts tickets on the 5th June this year for a total cost of £80 (postage included). At the beginning the seller was very helpful so i left positive feedback as i didn't think i had any reason not to trust the seller. A couple of weeks ago i sent an email asking when i would recieve the tickets as the concert is tomorrow, 26th October. I recieved a reply saying that she had recieved around 70% of the tickets she was waiting for and that she would let me know as soon as they arrived. I emailed a couple of days after this and then once more but recieved no reply at all. I also tried to make a claim through paypal but as it is over 45 days i'm unable to do so. These tickets where bought for my Mum's birthday which is now ruined. So i am looking for some help as to how to get my money back as i won't rest until this matter is rectified. Is there anything you can do? Provide me with her details and offer any advice as i am prepared to go to the police and a small claims court is nessessary. Thanks for your time, i hope to hear from you in the very near future.

Can anybody who has been in this position shed any light as to the outcome they recieved? I'm guessing it'll have to go through the police.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 14:46
The seller should not have really took your money unless they had the tickets to send out there and then. How much information do you have on them?

haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 14:55
Only the ebay username, name and that their in Yorkshire i think. I've emailed ebay so wiaitng to hear from them, never really been in this situation before.
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 20:55
I emailed ebay and they said they can't do anything about it other than give me her phone number for me to ring them up. They won't provide a street address. Not sure what to do so i have sent one last email;

I just wanted to let you know that i have contacted both ebay and paypal. I didn't want to have to resort to this but seeing as i have not recieved the tickets or an explanation along with a refund i feel i have no choice but to take this path. I will be requesting your contact number through ebay and will be ringing up. I do hope you will answer and this can be rectified in a civil matter. If i don't get any joy then i'll have to take it further and go to the police. All i wanted was to give my mum a nice birthday or get a refund so we can do something else instead. If you have a heart please reply to this email and sort it out, it's really not much to ask.

Other than that the only thing i can think of is to go through there feedback and to find other people who have bought from her to help me if possible, only thing is she has made her feedback private and it wasn't when i bought from here. She still has like 98% positive which is strange.
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 18:13
So eBay have a given me a mobile number which i have just tried. It went straight to voicemail so i left a message. Has anybody been in this situation before? Just wondering what my next move should be if i don't hear anything from her?

Thanks
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 18:20
Can't you go to myebay and look at the sale and request users information?

you need to input the item number..
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 18:21
I have done that but the only information eBay will provide is her phone number which they have given me, i rang it and left a voicemail.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 18:50
but she has to register her addy when she registers for gaybay!?
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 20:47
Yes but ebay won't give me her address only her phone number which was a mobile. I left a voicemail before and have had no reply as of yet so i'm wondering what the hell i'm supposed to do with her name, general location, email address and phone number?
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 20:50
go to the pigs I guess..

if ebay and paypal won't help...

you're left with little else you can do
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 20:57
Great, like there going to do anything. Doubt i'll ever get my money back now, hope she is pleased with herself ruining that for my Mum, how dare she!

Lo-couk
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-27 21:47
you'll have to get the law involved, get an incident number and see if Ebay will act on that. I can't see how you'd be in the wrong, you have been De-frauded out of alot of cash you can't afford to loose.
iphone 4 16Gb
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 13:48
Yeah, i don't have proof of the emails i sent her though that is the only thing, all i have is her name, general location, and mobile phone number along with her eBay username, guess a trip to the local station is in order.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 14:01
You shouldn't have needed to send any emails anyway
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic