Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > How do i get my money back?

Previous  123 456 ... 121314  Next
Author How do i get my money back?
jjtz33
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 23:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
has anyone else had an e-mail from her with details from ticketmaster? Because the links all go to netidentity instead of the genuine site. Also has anyone else noticed that on that website that she posted all her holiday reviews on she mentions about being on a cruise for october and november
wiggey1975
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 23:20
my police log number from hull is: 666 19/11/07
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 23:20
Update!

I recieved a call from a D.c West this morning and he left a message as i was out. He gave me a crime reference number;

CP-1533019-07

The investigating officer is Tim Mitchell and will be in touch soon, telephone, 01482597852.

I am one of 8 people who have come forward now, so far they have not been able to contact her but the investigation should gather pace with the amount of complaints.

If you have not called Hull police then police do so you can quote my reference number along with the others that have been posted.

mrsclark
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 12:48
Hi there, I am yet another victim of lion*heart*. I paid £185 for two tickets to see Take That in Newcastle which haven't turned up.

After reading everything on here I have also reported the incident to Hull police and I was given this crime reference - CP1535034/2007

I have been informed that all of our reports have been linked together and that Humberside Police are now investigating.

Could someone please advise what else I can do. I am aware that I cannot open a dispute via eBay as too much time had lapsed and also Paypal.

Is anyone going to see civil legal action? and if so how much is it going to cost you? I've never experienced anything like this before so I'm not sure what else to do.

please email me at annamcgrogan @ hotmail.com
mrsclark
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 13:14
I have also logged the report with Paypal and have the reference:

PP-369-824-228

but they did tell me they would be very unlikely to help!
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-21 13:17
I was told by my Mum's boss that if you paid by credit card and it is within 6 months you can get your money back. So when i get a chance i'm going to ring them and provide them with my crime reference number and all the details from paypal and see what they can do for me.

Truly Fuming
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 12:41
Hi everyone - was I relieved to find you - if a little depressed!

No surprise that I too have lined the pockets for this cow to take her most recent cruise by purchasing invisible £230 take that tickets for 4th Dec at O2. Have had same experience as most of you and am outside all deadlines re. claiming back via ebay/paypal. Thanks for the user that provided this info from Paypal "

We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180
calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular seller.
We will contact you by email if this is the case.."

I might contact Paypal and ask if they can provide a reference for us all to quote so that everyone can contact them once again quoting the same reference number to streamline this issue.

Also - interested to read the post that mentioned how can Ebay still be allowing sellers to sell tickets that they do not have 'in hand'. Have emailed Ebay with this very question and oddly not recieved a response. Has anyone thought that Ebay should take some responsibility here even though it is outside of their bloody 60 day rule. After all, we did all buy based on the sellers excellent feedback, and then Ebay allowed that to go 'private' - how can they justify doing this - at least it might be a good idea for Ebay to email any buyers from the seller who has requested private feedback to check out whether they are still waiting for items? Surely the negative feedbacks that she was no doubt trying to hide would have given us all a bit of a tip off earlier?

God I'm fuming!!!

So, apart from feeling better after that (!), I am now going to call Hull police as most of you have done. I will then contact Paypal again and request a group reference as mentioned above. Also - I do happen to have a very good friend in the BBC who works on 'Rogue Traders'!! Do you think we stand a chance of getting him to do a 'suprise surprise' on her (to the tune of a Take That medley of course!).

There is power in numbers so let's all stick together and nail the bitch!

PS. Does anyone know how to request a 'sticky' in this forum so that we can post all of the appropriate contact/reference numbers at the top to save ready every email each time??!!

More later!

Sue.
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 20:02
Hi, Im another one that has been scammed by this wicked person debbie ann shepherd i also have lost just over £300.00 buying Take That Tickets for my daughters birthday present in August. She is only 8yrs old and still havent told her that she isnt going any longer. Every day she is asking me have the tickets arrived yet mummy. This debbie women also knew that they were a gift for my daughters birthday. Only i didnt know that she would be having my daughters birthday gift the bitch. Have spoken to Hull police about her they know who she is but she doesnt seem to be living at the address they have for her any longer. I also havent had any luck with ebay or paypal as im outside the 60 day period . There seems to be more protection for ugly people like her these days and especially when she was a power seller surely ebay have something to answer for. Shall keep you all posted about any info i hear about. Good luck to those who have had similar news .
par1410
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-22 21:38
Well here we go! We've been scammed by this ****...

Let me join the Debbie does Shepherds gang of scammed individuals. I bought Take That tickets for my wife to celebrate our anniversary back in May. Concert is on Saturday night in Glasgow and we're £230 out of pocket.

My wife found this forum today so thanks to all efforts so far. I called Hull Police and my Crime ref is 411/22/11 : CP1535385. My Paypal ref is: PP-370-646-793.

Not sure what to do now but here's hoping Paypal open their hearts pre-christmas and help us all get our money back. Will persue the bank route tomorrow but see no reason why they should pay out as the deal was secured through Paypal. Like you all she had 100% feedback and lots of it to back her up. Pleasant emails etc but they all stopped 4 weeks ago.

Totally gutted as the show is seemingly awesome. Tempted to make the trip and find a real ticket tout outside the venue?

Look forward to any feedback.
P
Smiley_Sid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 00:17
just in case anyone fancies emailing the local press in Hull about this: -

http://www.thisishullandeastr[....]?command=newPage&nodeId=200608
par1410
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 01:13
WHAT THE HULL IS GOING ON?
LOCAL EBAY FRAUD RIFE...

I can see the headline now. I have made contact and hopefully the local paper can help highlight this problem to prevent any further damage.

Best,
P
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 01:14
Hi - hopefully username says it all !! Have read through the thread and feel happier now I know I'm not alone.

My wife,who has recently been diagnosed with chronic ME is in tears as these tickets (£280 worth) were for her 40th birthday and were to be the highlight of a sh***y year that all of a sudden has got Sh**tier.This bitch knew that and even sent her sympathies and hoped she enjoyed the show.How I would love 5 minutes with this scumbag bitch - if I didn't get my money back I'd certainly get my 280 pounds of flesh from her !!

What riles me even more is that I have funded this lowlifes holiday by busting my gut doing four weeks overtime to pay for the tickets and hotel and I've lost the lot,while she suns her undoubtedly lardy arse on a cruiseship somewhere.

Bet when and if shes caught and identified,her and her partner turn out to be dole scum in a crappy hovel of a council house with nowt to their names and nothing will be done as shes a 'victim',had a bad life,blah,blah,blah.As for refunds,forget it - don't fancy getting 50p a week for the rest of my days so won't be pursuing through the small claims court.Why throw another £50 after bad money.Rather put it towards a (poor) substitute weekend away with my wife.

I too have been on to Hull police today but am awaiting an incident number.Also raised the futile dispute with payscam ref pp-370-671-445.

Can i also say that I am absolutely disgusted with the way Fleabay have dealt with me on this matter - they just couldn't give a shit.I won't be a registered user for much longer anyway,cos if they think I'm paying my seller fees this month after that treatment I'll see them in court !!!

P.S. - anyone know any good guest houses in Hull,just in case she gets away with it ?
andreww
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 12:37
Yet another here - I have a week to go until the concert and it's gone very quiet. Did a search on Google and then discovered this thread ...

Can we get an idea of how much this person has done in total? I'm down £325.

Doing a search for debbieannshepherd@yahoo.co.uk led me to some postings on tripadvisor.com (followed the "Cached" link). There is also a profile page associated:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/YORKSHIRELIONESS

which reads as follows:

About me:
I am still young at heart (43) and love to meet new people and visit far away places ! I have a zest for life and effervescent personality.. Apart from my husband and teenage son, I love animals and care about their welfare ! I have worked many years in the medical profession, but I wanted to pass my HGV Class 1, its been an ambiton of mine for many years and 3 years ago I did it ! much to my dear husbands amazement ! lol...as I am a dolly daydream most of the time !

We are looking forward to a cruise in the carribean during October-November, so I will post some information on my return !

Now I shall return to my new passion, learning to speak Spanish !

My travel style: Nothing but the best

When traveling, I: Want all the comforts of home

I usually travel for: Fun

A great vacation includes:

Beach / Sun

I travel with:
Spouse/significant other

She's also posted the following reviews:
Jul 2, 2007 Playa de las Americas: Mare Verde: A Sleepless Nightmare 1 / 5
Mar 24, 2007 Puerto Plata: ClubHotel Riu Merengue: Very Highly Recommended ! 15 / 15

Please share any developments.
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 15:18
Have sent her a nice message through that link - any others want to do the same.

Also created my own slightly amusing profile on there so she can 'look me up' if she wants to !!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/out_to_expose_you

Perhaps her messaage should have been more like this -

About me:
I am still young at heart (43) and love to fleece new people and visit far away places on the proceeds! I have a disregard for other peoples life and a dishonest personality.. Apart from my husband and teenage son, I love animals and care about their welfare ! I have worked many years in the medical profession, but I wanted to pass my HGV Class 1, its been an ambiton of mine for many years and 3 years ago I did it ! much to my dear husbands amazement ! lol...as I am on ebay most of the time !

We are looking forward to a cruise in the carribean during October-November paid for by my take that ticket scam, so I will post some tickets on my return (not bloody likely suckers)!

Now I shall return to my new passion, learning to speak Spanish,as I'll need it when I go on the run !

My travel style: At others expense

When traveling, I: Want all the comforts of home,and a big wodge of someones cash

I usually travel for: Fun

A great vacation includes:

Beach / Sun

I travel with:
Spouse/significant amounts of other peoples money

She's also posted the following reviews:
Jul 2, 2007 Playa de las Americas: Mare Verde: A Sleepless Nightmare 1 / 5
Mar 24, 2007 Puerto Plata: ClubHotel Riu Merengue: Very Highly Recommended ! 15 / 15

By the way,I wonder if her 'significant other' knows what she's up to ??

[ This Message was edited by: letsdodebbie on 2007-11-23 14:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: letsdodebbie on 2007-11-23 14:48 ]
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-23 16:13
Also found this info for anyone interested in the scale of whats going on here -

http://www.goofbay.com/ebay_s[....]gsl_submit.x=39&gsl_submit.y=8

And this is just info for the last 120 days !!!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic