Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > How do i get my money back?

Previous  123 ... 121314  Next
Author How do i get my money back?
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 14:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yeah i thought that but won't the police want some sort of evidence that i've done my best to resolve the issue? I guess i could try ringing again.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 14:18
No!

you acted on good faith that they would be delivered in time, you've spoken to both gaybay and gaypal and neither seen forthcoming so you're left with little choice IMO...
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 14:18
It just keeps going to voicemail, ARG!

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/lion*heart*/

That is her eBay page, i can't even contact other members because she has made her feedback private. I'm going to email eBay again.

[ This Message was edited by: haynesycop on 2007-10-28 13:21 ]
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 17:21
Good luck on this, hope you get your money back
mrangry
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-06 14:10
Hello

I think I may have same problem - bought some Take That tickets and now no response from debbieannshepherd@yahoo.co.uk AKA lion*heart*

Hopefully she is on holiday or something (exchanged mails with her 1 month ago ok and this week not had a reply and feedback gone private which looks odd)

Have you made any progress contacting her / getting a refund?

Thanks
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-06 14:41
No i have also restored my phone and lost the number given to me by eBay. Being nice has not worked so maybe threats may dig a little deeper, and get this woman to do the right thing. One thing is for sure i'll never be buying tickets through eBay ever again. I hope you get somewhere but i wouldn't count on it.

ÈL ® ö B ì Ñ
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-06 15:17
Be persistant m8, stick with trying to get your money back and don't let these scum bags think that they can get away with it.

Best of luck.
adriani1961
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:57
Hi
I have also suffered as a result of lion*heart* not responding to me in respect of tickets that I paid for but have not received and would be interested in communicating with others in the same situation.
Please send me a message either via the forum.
Thanks
Smiley_Sid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 22:18
Hi guys, i'm in the same situation with this 'vendor'

I'm in an interesting position, the tickets I tried to buy were for my wife and her sister, who is a copper in CID.

I'm still pursuing eBay for an address so I can submit a small claims court action, if they won't provide it to me, i'll find a way via the courts or the police, i'm going to hound this one until she's homeless

if you want to share any details with me of your issues, send me a PM here and I'll see if we can roll them together.
Smiley_Sid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 23:12
I'm sending this letter to ebay's legal department

eBay Europe S.à r.l.
Attn: eBay.co.uk Legal
15 rue Notre Dame
L-2240 Luxembourg 13th November 2007

Dear Sir or Madam,

eBay user: - lion*heart*

Having been defrauded of £180 by the eBay user lion*heart* for item 290123294803, and without a successful resolution through the eBay dispute process, I have no option but to instigate a small claims court action in the UK.

Please provide me with the following details about the eBay user lion*heart* : -

Full name
Full address
Telephone number
Details of all transactions by this user and feedback in the last 6 months including item numbers
Credit card details used to validate the eBay account
Internet Protocol addresses for all activity from this account

Kind regards,
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 23:28
you haven't got a hope in hell of eBay giving you her credit card number...
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 23:43
Glad to see i'm not the only one. I'd given up on getting my money back but i'm confident we can build a case against this cow. If anybody else would like to get in touch and has any advice. I got a number off eBay and tried that i then replied and told them i got no reply and now eBay are ignoring me, have sent 2 emails already.

Smiley_Sid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 00:13
i found the phone number and address of the only Debbie Shepherd in Hull and called her, she denied being the person involved

I know I might not get the credit card number, but even if i can get the last 4 numbers and know who issued it, it's all evidence to identify who the fraudster is.
jjtz33
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 01:37
I have just been trying to report this seller too i bought two tickets to see Take That on Saturday 17th for £245.00. and I can not get any reply, I don`t know any address or telephone number we need help to sort this out people like her should be put away.....
nuthervictim
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 11:37
Hi Folks,

As you can see from the username (!) I''ve also been scammed by this person. I also wrote to 3 people via eBay last night and one has replied saying that she is in the same boat.

I am going to do 2 things.

First - my PayPal invoice did have a post code on it. I have searched that on google maps and it takes me to a street in Hull that I am going to visit tonight. I will knock on 3 or 4 doors in the vicinity to see if a Debbie Shepherd has been heard of (it would be great if the person who found a Debbie Shepherd in Hull could give me the address/phone number as it might coincide with where I intend to visit - I could even stand outside the house and call!!).

If I find myself in front of a woman called Debbie who might reasonably be our perp, I will tell her that has a whole load of criminal and civil action coming her way.

What I'd like to do is go to a lawyer and pursue civil action. I am so mad that I am prepared to pay for that just for my case, but it would make much more sense for us to take group action.

That way, we would dilute the cost, but also of course get money back for many more people (oh and of course if we find her, our legal costs would be covered).

I have a feeling that it really was someone called Debbie Shepherd who scammed us.

If you google her e-mail address, you find a posting she made at tripadvisor asking anyone who wants to know about a hotel she visited in March to mail her! Maybe someone should?

I propose to consult with a lawyer in Hull as that might well be where she is.

Would anyone like to join me in legal action?

Has anyone got anywhere with taking this to the police?

J.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic