Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > How do i get my money back?

Previous  123 ... 91011 121314  Next
Author How do i get my money back?
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 00:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Everyone please check your private messages,

thanks

Dixy
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 10:34
AYE
Truly Fuming
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 19:11
AYE!
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-03 21:27
Thanks to everyone who has joined the petition. It will be sent this wednesday evening, so late comers are still welcome.

We now have 12 people including myself, this should be enough to get paypal into gear, I will be posting to petition to Ebay , Paypal , and the BBC'S watchdog.

Dixy

Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 19:49
To every one on this forum thread and my petition

Today I contacted Paypal Via telephone. They told me there have not been enough official complaints from us to open up a file against the seller !! If you have not picked up the phone then please please do, & be patient. The Number is 08707 307 191 follow first instructions, then pick option 4 then 2 then 2 again listen to message all the way through and in the end it asks if you want to talk to an agent press Zero, Yippeee! When you get through to the agent ask how you can make an official compalint against the seller Debbie Ann Sheherd make sure they tell you it has been done... I can't do this Alone !! we need to be a team. Be firm with them you are the customer, customers are allway's right.

Put on the pressure. If you want your money you have to shout !

I now have an official E mail address to forward our petition too. I will send a copy to all who have contributed. Please Please keep the pressure up.

Dixy
par1410
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-04 23:40
Thanks Dixy Wixy...
I will call Paypal tomorrow and pile on some pressure
Appreciate your time taken on our behalf.

Regards,
PAR1410
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-06 02:17
Just a bit of info from my bank (co-op) -

They told me initially that they have a 120 day limit imposed on them by Visa for debit card reclaims.I explained that I am a victim of fraud and Police etc involved.

They have now updated me to say that as the purchase is for concert tickets for a future date (8th in my case),if the tickets do not arrive in time (or at all),then they are able to use the date of the concert as the purchase date and not the date the money was sent.Therefore this,as I understand it,means that they will refund me.They have told me to contact them on the 9th to say the tickets never arrived,and they will then take up with the supplier after refunding my money.

Obviously this is a significant breakthrough for me personally and the real hope of getting my money back exists.However,as we all know,these things have a habit of being false dawns - so until I get the money back in my account I am not holding my breath.

I am not sure who my bank will class as the supplier in this case - in a peverse sort of way I hope they deem it is paypal just so that they can have a load of hassle from my bank to make up for our shoddy treatment by them.I only say this as I know the Police will catch those responsible for the fraud and they will hopefully get whats coming.

Still pains me that ebay will still seem to be getting away scot-free though.

So please bear in mind what my bank have told me,and get in touch with your own branch to ask the right questions.

Good luck.
andreww
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-06 14:57
Have just been re-reading this thread and saw dixy_wixy's message about getting through to a real person, so I called Paypal; in spite of what the recorded message tells you, you can actually raise a dispute via Paypal within 180 days.

Login in to Paypal > Resolution Centre > View Open Cases > Click on "Report a problem" link > Select Problem Type > Then either:
- Click on "Select Transaction ID" button > In the search criteria set the start date back > Search, and then select the transaction ID; or
- Enter Transaction ID

The chap I spoke to knew which transaction I was referring to before I gave him the details, so the message seems to be getting through. His advice was to register the complaint against the user, so if anyone hasn't done so yet you might want to try it. The case may well be opened and closed immediately, but it's still been registered.
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-06 18:50
Letsdodebbie & Andreww,

Thanks for your valuable information.

I am getting a new Email each day now from people who are reading this thread thanking us all for our efforts to try and put Debbie where she belongs, and fighting Paypal for a refund.

I spoke to Dc west today at humberside police, he told me that the number of reports against Debbie has risen to 34! He also mentioned some local media interest in the case, I personally would like to see the story in the tabloids.

By the sounds of Andrews report... Paypal are getting the message. About time too.

Thanks

Dixy
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-06 21:47
Hi Guys,

Sounds like you're all doing great. Lets hope she is caught up with soon.
Tonight is the night me and my 8yr old daughter should be sitting in A1 block just 8 rows away from the front. Would of been fantastic. Still cant get my head around how many people she has done this too.
Shall keep in touch with any news.
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 00:19
Hi All

I apologise , in my haste I forgot to send the petition to Ebay, only Paypal.

I will send the petition once more to Ebay. We also have a couple more supporters to add to our list.

Again sorry guy's, it's all been a bit of a rush trying to fit this in around a heavily pregnant wife... and Work.

Dixy
Jo.lewis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 18:29
Dixy Wixy,

Did you get the info?
Dixy_Wixy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 20:14
Jo.lewis

Please check your PM
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-08 23:31
should have been at the show tonight - my wifes had a few tears on and off.

REALLY hope she gets whats coming .
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-08 23:34
I do too evil witch, luckily my Mum wasn't to disappointed about Donny, we booked our Take That tickets through ticketmaster fortunately, going on Tuesday. Won't be buying on eBay again thats for sure. They should be having another album out so maybe you can try again through ticketmaster when another tour comes around.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 121314  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic