Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > How do i get my money back?

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 121314  Next
Author How do i get my money back?
adriani1961
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 09:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
All users please beware that the police have to contend with a matter known as disclosure which basically means that they have to disclose all relevant material to the prosecution during a criminal trial.
They also may have to disclose secondary material that is not part of the evidence but has come into their possession during the investigation.
Posts printed from this forum may form part of any unused material in any future hearings.
Therefore beware of posting anything that may cause the police or yourself a problem in any future court proceedings.
I am sure that no one would want to see a prosecution tainted by something innapropriate that one of us may have posted in anger.
moh786
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 10:47
ive been in dat situtaion which envolved much more money than that n it went on for a month before i claimed so i dont see why ur not getin ur money back just make a paypal claim throught hte resolution centre
totalgsm
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-26 11:07
I was also scammed once on ebay.
Had bought a 6680 , was a water damaged phone that I received.
The seller asked me to send it back to him to avail the refund , i sent it back and no reply.
Its been about 1 year , I have all the address details of his shop..
But I am unable to do anything as I am from another country.
The company's name was Mobilemania.
Lost 180$.

Regards
9202stephani
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 12:07
Hi i bought Take That Tickets from Debbie Ann Sheperd that cost me £329.75 with postage. We had to pay by Personal Cheque as she said something about pay pal fees and the only reason we sent the cheque was she was a silver power seller and 100% feedback. I felt ok and thought it would be safe enough as she seemed to know what she was doing as she had good feedback. I sent her a couple of messages to let me know if she had got the cheque and she replyed and she marked that she got payment on 13th september so that was ok then when i went on to look for more tickets i noticed all the others had tickets in hand so wandered where my tickets was so i went into my ebay and notice that it had been so long that i did not have her details but lucky enough my dad got sent her details to his e-mail address so i e-mailed her and no reply and did a further 6 times then requested her number and got her mobile number and kept going to voice mail so contacted ebay they said can't do anything and to go to police and they would help. I don't know where i stand with paying by cheque has anyone else paid her by cheque and if so is there any way of getting my money back thanks
ebay_tvsids
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 12:25

On 2007-11-26 12:07:06, 9202stephani wrote:
Hi i bought Take That Tickets from Debbie Ann Sheperd that cost me £329.75 with postage. We had to pay by Personal Cheque as she said something about pay pal fees and the only reason we sent the cheque was she was a silver power seller and 100% feedback. I felt ok and thought it would be safe enough as she seemed to know what she was doing as she had good feedback. I sent her a couple of messages to let me know if she had got the cheque and she replyed and she marked that she got payment on 13th september so that was ok then when i went on to look for more tickets i noticed all the others had tickets in hand so wandered where my tickets was so i went into my ebay and notice that it had been so long that i did not have her details but lucky enough my dad got sent her details to his e-mail address so i e-mailed her and no reply and did a further 6 times then requested her number and got her mobile number and kept going to voice mail so contacted ebay they said can't do anything and to go to police and they would help. I don't know where i stand with paying by cheque has anyone else paid her by cheque and if so is there any way of getting my money back thanks

Hi where did they request you sent the cheque and who did they ask you to make the cheque payable to ? as depending on your answers there might be a way.
9202stephani
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 13:53
SHE SAID MAKE THE CHEQUE PAYABLE TO D.A SHEPHERD AND I HAD TO SEND IT TO DEBBIE SHEPHERD, 12 HIGHFEILD RISE, PRESTON, HULL, EAST YORKSHIRE, HU128RA THATS ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE AND SHE TOOK THE MONEY FROM OUR ACCOUNT AND IT CLEARED THANKS
ALJM9899
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 15:36
Hi all,
YET ANOTHER been ripped off by this fraudster! I too paid £334 + P&P for 2 Take That tickets at the NEC in Birmingham on 17th Nov that have not arrived. I tried emailing bloody endless times before and phoned 6times most days too. I too have sent and had replies from Ebay and Paypal but as I was outside the 45/60 day process have had to go to my CC Company who say they WILL refund me upon completion of a form I`ve just received and will be in my account with 1mth. However, I too don`t want to stop there and won`t let this piece of twisted scum have the satisfaction of thinking she`s got away with it while she sits on her arse lapping it up on a bloody cruise!
She should feel the FULL force of the law and the law should have long enough arms to drag her back to the UK and face the consequences (failing that, being put in a room with all the people she has ripped off for 10 minutes!). I am today going to call Hull Police to take out an incident number to give to my CC Company. They said that hell or high water (that`ll be her) they will retreave their monies from this sick individual.
Do let me know any further developments but the very best of good luck to ALL you unfortunate people who have been done by this sick, sick piece of scum that should not be allowed to live in any society!
ebay_tvsids
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 16:24

On 2007-11-26 13:53:51, 9202stephani wrote:
SHE SAID MAKE THE CHEQUE PAYABLE TO D.A SHEPHERD AND I HAD TO SEND IT TO DEBBIE SHEPHERD, 12 HIGHFEILD RISE, PRESTON, HULL, EAST YORKSHIRE, HU128RA THATS ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE AND SHE TOOK THE MONEY FROM OUR ACCOUNT AND IT CLEARED THANKS

Ask the bank for the cheque back, I have a feeling that it may have been altered and paid into a different account, ie A Shepherd, if it has then and you did not make the alteration, then the cheque was not valid and the bank should give you the money back with out too much fuss.

Also altering a cheque is also against the law, so its another offence comitted, that the police may be able to trace the offenders easier and less chance of them getting off, ie more to charge them with and more proof that they intended the scam from the start.

Let me know what happens please.
Smiley_Sid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 19:59
i'm guessing if you contact your bank, they should be able to find out where the money actually went

i'm guessing that Stephanies only course of action would be the small claims court

form is here: - http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf and I'm confident that using the address you sent the cheque too is enough to get the action moving
ebay_tvsids
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 20:05

On 2007-11-26 19:59:52, Smiley_Sid wrote:
i'm guessing if you contact your bank, they should be able to find out where the money actually went

i'm guessing that Stephanies only course of action would be the small claims court

form is here: - http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf and I'm confident that using the address you sent the cheque too is enough to get the action moving

That may work if they hadnt moved on with out a forwarding address, even the police say they cant trace them, at this stage it would be a waste of money doing a claim through the courts.

Claiming off the bank is the best bet at the moment.

You should also inform the police and trading standards, as you could get info quicker through these two places.
Smiley_Sid
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 20:45
I now have a Log Number from the police in Hull - 515-26/11/07

and a crime number CP\1536699\07

[ This Message was edited by: Smiley_Sid on 2007-11-27 19:44 ]
9202stephani
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 21:41
THANKS FOR THE HELP AND INFORMATION I WILL GET ONTO THE BANK TOMMORROW AND FIND OUT ALSO I PHONED THE HULL POLICE STATION BUT TOLD TO PHONE BACK ON FRIDAY TO GET HOLD OF TIM MITCHELL WHO IS DEALING WITH IT SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHATS HAPPENING AS SOON AS I SPEAK TO THE BANK AND THE POLICE THANKS
Victim!
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 21:45
its important that anyone who hasnt already contacted hull police, does so.

i spoke to a guy there today who said they have had 15 reports on her and rising. the more, the better.

it turns out that she has scammed someone in the police (inteligence if i recall). this is good news as you can imagine.....in a round-about way.

RC
ALJM9899
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 11:39
Hi ALL again,
I spoke to Hull Police yesterday and got my own log - 314 27/11/2007. I also spoke to PC West from the investigation team (Tim Mitchell was out yesterday) and yes I was also told he knew of a DC in Gloucester who had been done by this fraudster and he was making some leads into it also. This should at least get a bit of weight behind the case as it builds. Also made aware that it won`t be a 5 minute fix so in the meantime if you can make settlement with either your Bank or CC Company, suggest you exercise that route first if you are needing you cash back sooner rather than later. But lets at least hope they close the net aroung this sicko soon and see some real justice followed through!
letsdodebbie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 17:52
Just been told by my bank that they can't help as more than 120 days has passed and this is outside the visa claimback time limit.

Anyone out there give me any advice as to whether to pursue further with them ?

Paypal have also advised me that they are investigating along with other claims,but I'm not hopeful there either.

Running out of options to get my money back and feeling a bit cut adrift.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic