Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K850i Hints, Tips and Questions

Previous  123 ... 303132 ... 484950  Next
Author K850i Hints, Tips and Questions
Alfaro
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
received my K850 today... so far no problems... (used almost everything)...

i wan't to know if there's a way to change the right soft key shortcut... it is possible???
kjao
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 03:35
new bug (?)

birthday reminders do not seem to be copy-able into the k850. even if i press edit and save it again, it does not come up on my calendar. new birthdates entered, however, do get placed into the calendar. so now, even if i were to manually go through my contacts list and re-edit the birthdate, i can't get reminders on my calendar. any cure, anyone?
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 05:15
Can you tell me if the new software system supports 'Timed Profiles' like Nokia phones?

Thanks
Avinash
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 07:11
Bought my phone last night. No problems as yet.

Noticed the problem with the flash syncronising withe the phone
Xperia Arc
knuttt
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 09:32

On 2007-11-12 11:39:54, Ricky D wrote:
I have a few questions...

To those of you who have a K850 and now had a couple of weeks in it's company, are you happy with it? Slightly disappointed? Is waiting for new firmware to fix the bugs almost as bad as waiting for the phone to be released (it is for me)?

To those of you who don't have a K850 and have flicked through here to see some of the common problems, are you still interested in owning one? Would you wait for a stable firmware release first? Have you been put off totally and are going for the LG?

Well phone number 3 is going back today, this one seems better than earlier phones (but still original firmware), I even went as far as adding a screen protector, then at the weekend was away in the welsh mountains and finally got to the top of a hill when the sun was out and the flipping lens cover wouldn't release, had been working fine when I was testing earlier in the week and started working again later that day but I still missed the opportunity to get those pictures.

Do still like the phone and feel confident a FW release will solve some of these issues but boy it's taking forever to get here.

As this will be my forth phone I'm very familiar with the Birthday reminder bug mentioned earlier and I don't yet trust the phone enough to go though my contacts manually deleting the birthday entry, saving then entering again, one at a time. Obviously, I've also lost a lot of entries on the memory card, swapping between broken K850i's and my old faithful K800i. Why do they hav to re-write the file structure and wipe out any files in there already (bookmarks are particularly fragile), additionally, we can back up the contact book to the memory card, why not calendar entries or other folders.

Just as well I'm an SE fan (and tied to an O2 contract), else I'm pretty sure I'm be holding a black N95 now, too poor to afford and iPhone for now.
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 10:46
I've used my M2 card from the K800 and restored all the contacts from it into the K850 with no problems.

Only weird thing is, some of the portrait pics from the K800 are displayed in the wrong orientation. Using auto rotate will rotate them but the wrong way so they end up, upside down.
jawilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 11:09

On 2007-11-13 19:27:28, Sebby wrote:
Sorry for not posting back sooner.

This is how I got the internet pass-through working under Vista. First, plug in your phone. Go into the Network and Sharing Center then select Manage network connections from the left-hand side. Right-click on the connection you want to share, select Properties, then choose the Sharing tab.

Ensure that Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection is ticked.

Click Settings....

Now tick Web Server (HTTP).

You may want to allow some other protocols, depending on what you'll be doing.

still cant seem to get this working. pc reocgnises mobile and assigns is Local Area Conn4. Go to my LAN settings and share it to LAC4 and even tick the web server as indicated. everythings looks ok in the netowrk connections window. but when i go to browse the web on the phone it just says no connections / failed / contact ur provider etc.....and i cant find any settings to allow it choose anything other than 02 pay monthly........

any ideas. have rebooted both phone and pc...no change.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-14 11:15
I had a slight issue with copying contacts. I copied from my old W800 to the K850 vis the sim contacts. This resulted in some numbers being duplicated under different existing names so when I received a slightly innuendoed text from a girl I quite like but it came up as from 'Dominos Pizza' I was understandably confused and ignored it. Apparently it copied her mobile number into the 'other' part of my Dominos entry. No numbers were lost but it was a pain to figure out which numbers are real and delete the duplicates.

@rambalu80
Try opening the camera using the service test menu. Try it a couple of a times, if it doesn't work, turn the phone off, remove the battery, put it back in, turn it on, and try the service test again. See if that fixes the problem. In my experience it fixes it for a few days, your best option is to get it seen to under the manufacturer's warranty if your network won't replace it for you.

@Alfaro
you can't change the softkey shortcuts, I wish I could so I can remove the voda live link on my k850.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 12:34
Can anyone who owns a K850i quickly help me with my query?
Does it have 'Timed Profile' like Nokias?
(I have tried searching, I know the older software phones didn't have this feature.)
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-14 13:13
You can change the soft keys by going to 'menu' 'settings' 'short cuts'.
This whole phenomena is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a government agenda.
(+9, -0)
sveintore
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 13:24

On 2007-11-14 12:34:56, Raja wrote:
Can anyone who owns a K850i quickly help me with my query?
Does it have 'Timed Profile' like Nokias?
(I have tried searching, I know the older software phones didn't have this feature.)

Can't find any timed profiles on mine..
Alfaro
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 13:49
@Ricky D

thanks... looks like we gonna have to wait for a xs++ support it's gonna take some long time
killsta
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 13:59

On 2007-11-14 03:35:23, kjao wrote:
new bug (?)

birthday reminders do not seem to be copy-able into the k850. even if i press edit and save it again, it does not come up on my calendar. new birthdates entered, however, do get placed into the calendar. so now, even if i were to manually go through my contacts list and re-edit the birthdate, i can't get reminders on my calendar. any cure, anyone?

I had that problem when I got a replacement K850, contacts restored from the M2 had the birthdays but did not insert it into the calendar.

To fix it I had to go through all the contacts manually, delete the birthday, save the contact, then re-add the birthday.
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 14:48
@sveintore, Thanks for your reply.
rambalu80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 15:22

On 2007-11-14 13:59:00, killsta wrote:

On 2007-11-14 03:35:23, kjao wrote:
new bug (?)

I had to do the same. Hopefully they will fix this issue with the new firmware too.

I had that problem when I got a replacement K850, contacts restored from the M2 had the birthdays but did not insert it into the calendar.

To fix it I had to go through all the contacts manually, delete the birthday, save the contact, then re-add the birthday.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 303132 ... 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic