Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K850i Hints, Tips and Questions

Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 484950  Next
Author K850i Hints, Tips and Questions
TZWXSL
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-12 15:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Today i tried to take pictures using the Bestpic and it's alright for the first try.
But when i tried the second time, without turning off the camera , the Bestpic didn't work at all.

All it showed me was a black screen, with all those functions etc still there.
I tried pressing the 'shoot' button, and it shows the auto-focus frame, camera click, and it still shows me the black screen.

When i turn off the camera and turn it on again, same thing.
First try is alright, but second try and so on, it shows me a black screen with 3 blue buttons still there. (back, shoot, settings)

Is anyone experiencing this?
I think there's something really wrong with my bestpic function.

The 2nd day i bought this phone, the phone restarts when i tried to take photo using Bestpic. And now this?
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 15:27
oK Had mine a week and comming from my w950i heres my thourghts.

Its a little too thick. nice to hold but not as tactile as the w950. Nice to use though and getting back to using a keypad isnt too hard. Ive had pda style phones for the past few years not and ive never ever used the t9 properly (going back 7-8 years with mobiles here) not i can text like a goodun

not had any resets or stability issues at all. The only problem i have had is internet pass through with vista (doesnt want to know) and the camera. not ive had a couple of nice pics but nothing close to what i was expecting from a 5mp camera. ive also had one or two times with dark photos (no my hand isnt near the lense at all) this has been at my grans b day and its a shame because it spoiled a few snaps.

apps are fine and the music player is as good as the w950i but lacks the hardware butttons. Couple it with the wired headphone remote and it really is a winner.

The rotating screen isnt really brill bit of a gimick really and i dont use it unless its a photo im viewing.

all in all i like it. the only thing thats worrying me is im on orange uk. it took almost a year to get a firmware update for the w950i i hope it doesnt take as long to sort out the dark photos issue. (btw auto pics in daylight are brill, its artificial light it has issues with)

So im just after some more flash themes and games (link anyone?) and somone to buy my w950
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 16:40
@ANDYBRAD
I've worked out the issue with Vista and internet pass-through. I will put up a proper post later when I'm home with my Vista PC. [addsig]
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 17:57
woo hoo
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 22:31
guys guys....download the new Need for speed to your k850..(its a EA game)..its freaking awesome...............runs realy smothly

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-11-12 21:31 ]
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 22:52
But, but..it's not free...costs 5 euro. Billigt är gott å gratis är godast!
spikeyjac
W890 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 22:59
Ive got it although fgot it for free
it is rather gurd!
feedback
(+10 -0)

jawilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 12:54

On 2007-11-11 20:25:42, tinazane wrote:

On 2007-11-11 11:14:30, Sebby wrote:
@ANDYBRAD
I had a lot of trouble getting it to work, but there didn't seem to be a reason for it. It involved restarting the phone/computer and so on, and eventually it just worked.

getting internet pass through to work for the first time was prety quick, by doing steps I listed above,
but then phone failed and rebooted, it was really long way to get this working again. i also tried to remove batery(interesting SE update tool also asked to remove batary) and repair connection on PC (this one with address 192.168.0.1) I really hope I will not need to find out the right fixing way and this wont be regular failure.

unfortunately phone seem to fail and reboot in many inocent cases . good thing is that it actauly reboots and not stay in off state
new firmware is our BIG hope

i got the phone connected, but do i have to change a setting to tell the phone to use the network connection to browse the interent? when i go to internet in the phone it justs says it casnt connect?????
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:09
yup under phone setting menu> connectivity> usb> >usb network >usb network type set this to via computer

then im windows set your internet connection to share to local connection 2 (thats under network properties sharing) reboot and all should be will under xp. with vista i just can not get it going

marinedisco
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:39

On 2007-11-12 15:14:39, TZWXSL wrote:
Today i tried to take pictures using the Bestpic and it's alright for the first try.
But when i tried the second time, without turning off the camera , the Bestpic didn't work at all.

I don't have this problem, my best pic works fine.
jawilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:19

On 2007-11-13 13:09:20, ANDYBRAD wrote:
yup under phone setting menu> connectivity> usb> >usb network >usb network type set this to via computer

then im windows set your internet connection to share to local connection 2 (thats under network properties sharing) reboot and all should be will under xp. with vista i just can not get it going

i have all that working, its when i go to browse the net on the phone that i get the connection failed message. the connection is shared to the phone, the phone LAN is seeing 10MBps, but no surfing.....would by companies proxy / firewall stop it? shouldnt do as i can surf through my laptop......
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 19:27
Sorry for not posting back sooner.

This is how I got the internet pass-through working under Vista. First, plug in your phone. Go into the Network and Sharing Center then select Manage network connections from the left-hand side. Right-click on the connection you want to share, select Properties, then choose the Sharing tab.

Ensure that Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection is ticked.

Click Settings....

Now tick Web Server (HTTP).

You may want to allow some other protocols, depending on what you'll be doing. [addsig]
rambalu80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:10
How many of you still experience the 'lens cover not opening' issue? Is there a fix for this?

I have been trying to get my lens cover to open for about a day now and no luck.My phone is about 35 days old now and never had this issue for the first 2 weeks. Now, I can't ever get the lens cover to open. I doubt the software updates (when available) will fix this issue. What are my options?
A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:32

On 2007-11-13 21:10:12, rambalu80 wrote:
How many of you still experience the 'lens cover not opening' issue? Is there a fix for this?

I have been trying to get my lens cover to open for about a day now and no luck.My phone is about 35 days old now and never had this issue for the first 2 weeks. Now, I can't ever get the lens cover to open. I doubt the software updates (when available) will fix this issue. What are my options?

Try a master reset...i think that should hopefully solve the problem for you
rambalu80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 21:45
After patting the lens cover protector a couple of times, I finally got it to open. Although it only opened half way the first time after patting it. It seems to be ok now though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic