Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K850i Hints, Tips and Questions

Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 484950  Next
Author K850i Hints, Tips and Questions
tinazane
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 14:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
however ! be aware , sometimes (after I expirienced acidential reboot when tryed PhotoFix feature phone is not able to use computer connection, and after sometime of trying to connect through PC it make GRPS connection

one more setting important to get PC connection used,
"allow local connection"

as for me, seems I will always first ensure phone is really using PC connection before doing big downloads.

joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 15:22
Anyone know what to set on OS X 10.5 Leopard to get Bluetooth PAN to work ?

Would love to use my wireless broadband via my MacBook Pro to download stuff.

thanks in advance.
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 16:16
@tinazane
Thanks for the info, it's working perfectly. Is there any way to get Opera working through the local connection? Also, would this be possible through Bluetooth as well? [addsig]
kjao
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 03:30
nobody knows how to settle the video recording issue? hmmm...

well...here's another problem i have. when i put the screen to all white (eg in "write picture msg") the screen flickers. does it happen to ur k850s?
Bryan84
C905 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-11 05:35
Anyone using Bluetooth Headset HBH-PV705 with the phone? If you do,

when you do answer a call when your BT Headset is connected, does your call drop?

Mine often does.

My Personal Homepage
http://www.bryanchung.sg
chombos1
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 08:11
@kajo

i do not have a K850 but according to the mpeg4 compression method.. if you start your recording in a dark place (as putting your hand in front of the lens) there should be smoother video... (or do not use the night mode)

your problem is common in this K850 firmware;
the camera records the first 2-8 seconds of the video at true 30fps and then droping it to 15fps or less....

wait for an firmware update if the above don't solve your problem.
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 10:52
at kajo, my screen doesnt flicker at all. the w950 i had before did though.

Ive tried the local connection two and the se phone tool thing says im connected via the usb to the internet. however the browser doesnt work
kjao
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 11:09
@ andybrad

what did u do with the w950 to solve the flicker issue? i'm wondering if it's a hardware problem or if a s/w upgrade will solve it.

many thanks
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 11:14
@ANDYBRAD
I had a lot of trouble getting it to work, but there didn't seem to be a reason for it. It involved restarting the phone/computer and so on, and eventually it just worked. [addsig]
tinazane
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 20:25

On 2007-11-11 11:14:30, Sebby wrote:
@ANDYBRAD
I had a lot of trouble getting it to work, but there didn't seem to be a reason for it. It involved restarting the phone/computer and so on, and eventually it just worked.

getting internet pass through to work for the first time was prety quick, by doing steps I listed above,
but then phone failed and rebooted, it was really long way to get this working again. i also tried to remove batery(interesting SE update tool also asked to remove batary) and repair connection on PC (this one with address 192.168.0.1) I really hope I will not need to find out the right fixing way and this wont be regular failure.

unfortunately phone seem to fail and reboot in many inocent cases . good thing is that it actauly reboots and not stay in off state
new firmware is our BIG hope
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-11 22:26
Anyone know what to set on OS X 10.5 Leopard to get Bluetooth PAN to work ?

Bump...
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 11:16

On 2007-11-11 20:25:42, tinazane wrote:

On 2007-11-11 11:14:30, Sebby wrote:
@ANDYBRAD
I had a lot of trouble getting it to work, but there didn't seem to be a reason for it. It involved restarting the phone/computer and so on, and eventually it just worked.

getting internet pass through to work for the first time was prety quick, by doing steps I listed above,
but then phone failed and rebooted, it was really long way to get this working again. i also tried to remove batery(interesting SE update tool also asked to remove batary) and repair connection on PC (this one with address 192.168.0.1) I really hope I will not need to find out the right fixing way and this wont be regular failure.

unfortunately phone seem to fail and reboot in many inocent cases . good thing is that it actauly reboots and not stay in off state
new firmware is our BIG hope

Got it working with XP!!! result, doesnt want to play with vista though
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-12 11:39
I have a few questions...

To those of you who have a K850 and now had a couple of weeks in it's company, are you happy with it? Slightly disappointed? Is waiting for new firmware to fix the bugs almost as bad as waiting for the phone to be released (it is for me)?

To those of you who don't have a K850 and have flicked through here to see some of the common problems, are you still interested in owning one? Would you wait for a stable firmware release first? Have you been put off totally and are going for the LG?

[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2007-11-12 10:41 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 11:58

On 2007-11-12 11:39:54, Ricky D wrote:
I have a few questions...

To those of you who have a K850 and now had a couple of weeks in it's company, are you happy with it? Slightly disappointed? Is waiting for new firmware to fix the bugs almost as bad as waiting for the phone to be released (it is for me)?

To those of you who don't have a K850 and have flicked through here to see some of the common problems, are you still interested in owning one? Would you wait for a stable firmware release first? Have you been put off totally and are going for the LG?

[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2007-11-12 10:41 ]

Ok I will try to answer as honest as i can.

Im a SE loyal fan and luved my T68i,T610,T630, K700,K750, K800 and K810.

But do i like the K850i. Answer is Yes. However Im currenlty waiting for my third phone to arrive as the last 2 have become flashing bricks.

The original firmware is poor for any standard, I know how important software is and the K850i in my eyes is not getting any where near its potential what the phone can really do. However I do know that the software gets updated and the phone will improve over time. However im still some what disapointed in the phone with the current problems.

Quality of Pics in day light (current flash problems with R1Ca029 dont sync corretcly when taking dark photos and on occasions you get dark shots.
Better Video, but could still be even better, but why no VGA recording?
Every band for all around the world (good for when i travel)
Bigger screen (very nice)
Different memory cards
Battery life is much better (Battery seems to last on for ever and even gives it the all when its nearly flat just that for a little bit longer)

Dislikes:
the finger prints all over the phone, its a finger magnet (arghhhhh)

problems:
Too May software bugs,
SE seem slow to react to the problems they are having with the phone
Software is slow to respond sometimes.

I hope this trys to answer some of the questions for the phone.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-11-12 11:06 ]
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 15:08
Major beef with the K850 is stability, turns itself off on occasion and dust behind the so called protected lens.

My 3rd one is now 3 days old and even with religious guarding against dust and dirt, it has dust under the lens cover again.

Will wait a week to see if it gets worse again.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 282930 ... 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic