Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K850i Hints, Tips and Questions

Previous  123 ... 272829 ... 484950  Next
Author K850i Hints, Tips and Questions
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-07 22:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok so i think this phone is real nice and all that but is there a shortcut to changing the focus instead of having to go through all the menus when taking a pic, i just wanna be able to press one button to change the focus not go through a set of options
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-07 22:06
Damn! I can't get my gmail to work on my phone since i got it re-flashed. Any one got the sam problem at all? Any tips?

[ This Message was edited by: fullforce on 2007-11-07 21:07 ]
sveintore
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-07 22:46

On 2007-11-07 22:06:22, fullforce wrote:
Damn! I can't get my gmail to work on my phone since i got it re-flashed. Any one got the sam problem at all? Any tips?

IMAP, POP or WAP?
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2007-11-08 00:30

On 2007-11-07 22:46:32, sveintore wrote:

IMAP, POP or WAP?

Wap i guess since i try to download the software via the phone's web browser and the then get to a page who gives me the answer"sory but your K850 doesn't support gmail"
kjao
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-11-08 05:37

On 2007-11-07 22:00:16, DonJuan wrote:
ok so i think this phone is real nice and all that but is there a shortcut to changing the focus instead of having to go through all the menus when taking a pic, i just wanna be able to press one button to change the focus not go through a set of options

i'm in full agreement with DonJuan on this (as reiterated on his other thread) maybe a firmware update can put the macro shortcut on the '*' button? since '0' is the help key??

i noticed a feature...i consider it a bug but maybe someone else won't. In keylock, pressing the camera ON/OFF button opens the camera. but when u have an unread sms or event that brings up the pop up menu on standby, when u press the camera ON/OFF, it'll prompt u to unlock the phone first. in the k750, opening the shutter ANYWHERE would activate the camera...not good.
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-08 14:24
Hello Folks,

Right just got my K850i on orange. Btw the home screen can easily be turned off and it removes the daft menu etc.

Got a few things with this. Went for the phone from my trusty w950I (missed the camera tbh and with the lack of w960 anytime soon I thought I was making the right choice for the up and coming party season. Not sure if this is the case now. Can you help with the following issues?

When I sit the phone in its crade on my desk. It goes into standby. This means I have no idea when I have a missed text!!! Can I stop it from turning the screen blank? And if so how?

Internet and usb. The phone is supposed to have an internet pass through for usb. So you can upload all your 5 meg pics without data charges. I set the usb to be via computer but it doesn’t seem to work. Any ideas or a how to?

Finally the camera. Had a play with all the settings and in good light conditions I can get a nice photo but theres a little noise (ok it’s a phone) however if I use bestpic I can not have a flash. This means photos in the dark (lets say a pub or round the tree on chrimbo morning) have to have the camera held really steady and take ages!! If I add a flash for indoors then the photos come out darker than if I used the flash. Can anyone give me an idiots guide to sorting this out? I want to be able to take quick goodquality snaps on a night out like I can with any digital camera. With this it doesn’t seem possible yet????

Any help please?
LCARS-Expert
K850 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-08 15:07
@ANDYBRAD

"When I sit the phone in its crade on my desk. It goes into standby. This means I have no idea when I have a missed text!!! Can I stop it from turning the screen blank? And if so how?"

You can't, when you want to check i you got a text just press the side volume button.
(Why the screen turns black? Previous phones had a type of LCD screen whose crystals reflected all colors - white - when there was no elecricity going through them. This is a newer type screen where crystals in pixels don't reflect light if there is no electricity. So, basically on older phones a black screen used as much power as a white screen uses on K850i. Thats why the screen is black in standby, to save power. I hope you understand what I mean)

"Finally the camera. Had a play with all the settings and in good light conditions I can get a nice photo but theres a little noise (ok it’s a phone) however if I use bestpic I can not have a flash. This means photos in the dark (lets say a pub or round the tree on chrimbo morning) have to have the camera held really steady and take ages!! If I add a flash for indoors then the photos come out darker than if I used the flash. Can anyone give me an idiots guide to sorting this out? I want to be able to take quick goodquality snaps on a night out like I can with any digital camera. With this it doesn’t seem possible yet????"

BestPic can't use flash because it is too fast for the flash to charge. It is for the use in good light conditions.
For the flash to work properly you have to hold the phone in the right way so the sensors can detect how much power to put into the flash. If your hand is in front of the sensor the flash fires like if you are taking picture of something really close.

[ This Message was edited by: LCARS-Expert on 2007-11-08 14:08 ]
cmulc
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-08 20:07
Does anyone know how to make the album art bigger in media mode ?

Its so small , you can barely see it , and there is so much empty space .
maestronl
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-08 22:59
Does anybody know where to set the location podcasts are saved? I've added a Podcast RSS feed, and the RSS feed works perfect. I can download the podcasts (the one i've tried is 57MB), but after, say 30MB, the download stops because the phone memory is exhausted.

I've tried to set Messaging> Settings > General > Save To to Memorycard, but the problem keeps existing. It won't save to the MemoryStick
ANDYBRAD
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-09 17:39
Still carnt sort this internet passthrough thing. When i plug in my phone i get a local connection 2 created but it doesnt seem to be able to assign an ip adresss and says ti has limited conectivity. If i could get this sorted it would be perfect!!!

Sorted the camera. Its all about the flash shadow. Basically if u look at the phone the flash is at the side of your hand. Your fingers need to be bedind the camera and good results everyt ime now
sveintore
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 01:14

On 2007-11-08 00:30:09, fullforce wrote:

On 2007-11-07 22:46:32, sveintore wrote:

IMAP, POP or WAP?

Wap i guess since i try to download the software via the phone's web browser and the then get to a page who gives me the answer"sory but your K850 doesn't support gmail"

Same here, but did you have the app before?
As far as I know it has never worked.

BTW, if you enable imap on gmail you can set up the account (and have pushmail (the phone gets the mail as soon as it gets in the gmailbox).
You can also use the normal wap client..
kjao
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 05:21
how do i get the video to record at a higher frame rate? i did a recording and it's only at 7.5FPS?!

i've attached my quicktime details in the picture below

leobox1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 06:39
hello can someone guide me on how do i check my GPRS usage? ie how many bytes sent or received?
ryanchg
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 07:54

On 2007-11-10 06:39:51, leobox1 wrote:
hello can someone guide me on how do i check my GPRS usage? ie how many bytes sent or received?

Go to Settings/Calls/Time&Cost/Data Counters.

back to topic, yes i would like to see a shortcut key for macro too.
I k850i
tinazane
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-10 12:00

On 2007-11-09 17:39:24, ANDYBRAD wrote:
Still carnt sort this internet passthrough thing. When i plug in my phone i get a local connection 2 created but it doesnt seem to be able to assign an ip adresss and says ti has limited conectivity. If i could get this sorted it would be perfect!!!

Sorted the camera. Its all about the flash shadow. Basically if u look at the phone the flash is at the side of your hand. Your fingers need to be bedind the camera and good results everyt ime now

Hey, Internet passthrough is working fine.
1) connect in Phone mode with cable to PC
2) in Seetings: Connectivity->USB->USB network->USB network type->via computer
3) in PC: new Local Area Connection (2) is created automaticaly (PC suite required ?)
4) on connection which is used to connect to internet on PC: share it to other connection (Local Area Connection (2)):
5) Local Area Connection (2) will get IP of 192.168.0.1
6) your phone is now connected to internet with speed of your PC

you can monitor network usage (to see it actualy uses PC connection, phone sometimes shows icons thery like during GPRS connection) look at Windows Task manager, networking. (you can add columns to table to see actual bytes sent/received)

enjoy !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 272829 ... 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic