Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K850i Hints, Tips and Questions

Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 484950  Next
Author K850i Hints, Tips and Questions
zootzoot
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 17:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I cant use bestpic, after the picture is taken my screen just turns black and nothing happens only does it when it saves to my 2g micro card,
but it works with the 512 m2 card.... Strange

[ This Message was edited by: zootzoot on 2007-10-28 16:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zootzoot on 2007-10-28 16:45 ]
Spambanjo
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-28 17:54
Great Thread guys!!
UBUNTU LINUX : Who needs Windows in a world without walls.
js
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 19:06
Has anyone had problems with java games and applications?

Every time I try to install java games the whole session ends up with error message "Operation failed". For some reason my phone installs all java games into the folder called Other instead of folder called Games. It seems that my phone doesn't even recognize java applications. Both of my original java games have disappeared as well. Master reboots and secret-menu-tricks don't work so could someone tell if there's any chance to get over this problem without waiting the new update from SE.
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 20:09

On 2007-10-28 17:38:19, zootzoot wrote:
I cant use bestpic, after the picture is taken my screen just turns black and nothing happens only does it when it saves to my 2g micro card,
but it works with the 512 m2 card.... Strange

[ This Message was edited by: zootzoot on 2007-10-28 16:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: zootzoot on 2007-10-28 16:45 ]

maybe there is a problem with your 2GB microSD card
t3rm3y
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 20:59
I have had the phone fore about 2 weeks now.
the thing i really want to know is how do i use a picture taken with the 5 meg camera as wallpaper? it goes horribly blurry when used as wallpaper, yet they are clear when viewed as images on the media folder etc.
(and my friends samsung 5meg phone lets him use pics as wallpaper) so please dont say i have to change the quality to lower setting to use as as wallpaper?

also the other day the phone frooze, i couldnt turn off, so had to remove battery, but wouldnt load up, then in the end i finally got it working, but message didnt work as all - inbox, sent, saved, etc, but everything else did, so i did a master reset, lost some info but got phone back, i have ran the software thing from the SE site, so hopefully that has made it run a little smoother, but it does still feel a little clunky with texts and the touchscreen etc, like too much crammed into the phone?

any way, please help, mainly need the wallpaper sorted. thank you.
p.s. how do i find the firmware version?
Szwuntex
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 22:15

On 2007-10-20 22:27:23, dayotte wrote:
Has anybody been able to properly load audiobooks to their phone(within the audiobook category in music)? I've tried changing Id3 info, but it continually mashes the mp3 audiobooks with the rest of my music.

I don't know if anyone already has answered this.
Anyway, I think that you have to use the fileformat ".M4B" for the Audiobook-function to work properly.
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 22:26
I'm having some trouble with my camera.

I'm in a well lit room at the moment. It is a little dark as it's night time, but I've got bright halogen lights in the ceiling. I'm holding the phone correctly, not covering any of the back. I take a picture, the flash comes on, but the picture taken is very very dark. If I turn the flash off of auto, the picture comes out okay. Can anyone help? [addsig]
kjao
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 04:21

On 2007-10-28 16:44:30, Sobo wrote:
what do you prefer ?microSD or M2 ?I don't know what to buy,what are the diferences betwen,speed transfer etc ?

M2 is my choice...coz i have a range of sony products (dig cams, phones, etc) and keeping the sticks the same makes it easier for me to share the data

purely a choice of convenience, not considering speeds or pricing.
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 07:19
@sebby-someone posted this before-try putting the flash setting to twilight portrait-this has been working for me.
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 11:11
Does K850i have a standby green led light like K610i has? Is it hidden in the green/blue strip?

If there is no blinking green led light... ok... but what about the red led light warning about low battery. Where is it situated?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-29 23:34
@js

My K850 developed the 'operation failed' problem late last night. I called Vodafone and it's being replaced in the morning. I couoldn't fix it through any means or how. I think SEUS should offer the option to force a reflash even if it's the same firmware that you're flashing onto it. That would fix problems like this without having to get it sent back. Instead of saying "your phone software is up-to date" or whatever it says it should say "You're up-to date - Continue flash process anyway?" then show the option oto force the flash or cancel and exit.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
t3rm3y
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 23:43
i have one other question that has just been noticed, i used the photo album from organiser (like k800 set up) to move rude pics to another folder, now when i go to the media section and u can see all the pics i have the rude ones, trhen a doubled blank white image, like a ghost image, from where the previous image was, its pretty stupid, and wastre room, can this be sorted? is the fone just too new and suffers from teething problems?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-29 23:48

On 2007-10-29 23:43:10, t3rm3y wrote:
i have one other question that has just been noticed, i used the photo album from organiser (like k800 set up) to move rude pics to another folder, now when i go to the media section and u can see all the pics i have the rude ones, trhen a doubled blank white image, like a ghost image, from where the previous image was, its pretty stupid, and wastre room, can this be sorted? is the fone just too new and suffers from teething problems?

Try taking out the memory card turning the phone off putting the card back and turning it back on. Wait a short while for it to register everything on the card then try again. I think it is a teething problem that will be sorted out in future firmware updates but it's annoying all the same. Just wait for the updates.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 00:01
I agree; we must try to have some patience. There's little doubt in my mind that these issues (bar the hardware problems, such as dust under the lens cover - though this isn't affecting all handsets anyway) will be resolved. [addsig]
impy78
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 04:15
My tip is turn off call waiting.

I had a mind-numbingly embarrassing incident today where I was having a bit of a lovey dovey chat with my boyfriend, and I got a call through from a potential employer.

Call waiting was switched on...the touch sensitive screen brushed against my face.....can everyone see where the story is going???
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic