Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Apple warning on unlocked iPhones

Author Apple warning on unlocked iPhones
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-10-06 00:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My point on the 2MP was explaining why it is so thin, because it ONLY has a 2MP camera!

Its not rocket science to figure that out. If they had opted for a better camera they would have had to make the phone bigger to accomodate it.

And also if it was 3G, they would have needed a camera on the front too.

So maybe it doesnt have 3G or a better camera due to size restrictions?

Put in a 5MP camera and 3G, and how much bigger would the Iphone have been? Twice the depth? XD

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-10-05 23:53 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-06 02:58
Its not rocket science to figure that out. If they had opted for a better camera they would have had to make the phone bigger to accomodate it.

And if they had, you'd be pointing out how much bigger it is than another phone!!

And also if it was 3G, they would have needed a camera on the front too.

Not necessarily. You can have 3G data capability without a camera on the front. I've never met a single person who has ever made a video call on their mobile phone. It just hasn't taken off for video calls, so front mounted cameras generally go unused. But for high-speed data 3G is a must.

So maybe it doesnt have 3G or a better camera due to size restrictions?

Apple have said many times that the reason it doesn't have 3G is due to the high power drain of existing 3G chips.

It doesn't have a better camera because it's an iPod-based phone (music & video), not a photography-based phone (like SE's Cybershot series).

Plus, if you see the The Official iPhone Pictures Thread you'll see the quality of the iPhones pictures is actually quite good. Better than many other 2MP camera phones, even though its a basic fixed focus camera.
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-10-06 08:32

On 2007-10-06 02:58:55, JoolsG4 wrote:

And if they had, you'd be pointing out how much bigger it is than another phone!!

Yea well, I would definately have bought an I-phone (at its current price) if it was 5MP camera, HSDPA and available on T-mob UK, even if it was 1cm thicker, I wouldnt be complaining.

Guess I'll wait for Iphone 2 and buy it during my 18 months on the K850i.

Actually, it still wont be available on T-mobile will it? So I cant buy it. (Not paying for a seperate data plan when I have 10 gig per month on T-mob).

On 2007-09-25 18:22:08, QVGA wrote:
Apple is pathetic.

Untill they make it HSDPA, and unlock it to use on every netwrork, yes they are completely pathetic.

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-10-06 07:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-10-06 07:39 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-10-06 08:39
I guess this can be locked now as its gone right off topic and is just repeating what has been said in so many other iphone threads
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic