Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > iPhone unlocking will 02. Apple and CPW have to?

Previous  123 ... 121314
Author iPhone unlocking will 02. Apple and CPW have to?
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 14:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Personally I dont see what the big deal is, if they giving you a gateway to buy the phone without a contract and you and I know that we are more than capable to unlock it, why subject your time and energy to this hassle of trying to get them to provide you an unlock code?

As you are aware you can actually downgrade the baseband on 1.1.2 to either .1 or 0.1 and unlock from there. Unless you requiring french language support thats a different story.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 14:38
Jose..

So if i buy an O2 iPhone it can be unlocked?

penx
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 14:41
@themarques

Because:
- if you're hacking your iphone then it's a legal grey area
-I guess you void your warantee
- you're liable to brick your iphone especially if you want to upgrade to newer firmware
- for those people that aren't that technical or are worried about security, they'd rather do it by officially unlocking the phone than running some hacks

[ This Message was edited by: penx on 2007-11-12 13:43 ]
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-12 14:47
Can O2/Apple actually unlock the iphone without having to plug it into a computer? Most phone manufacters make a unlock code for their phones but i doubt apple have.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 14:52
don't think it's possible if the phone is hardware locked matey...
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 15:32
DOWNGRADE BASEBAND 1.1.2 TO 1.1.1

Prerequisite:
- you need to have the firmware 1.1.1 ipsw file in your computer

NOTE: This guide does not guarantee it will work 100%. Also errors 1015 is expected at the end of the process. Continue reading to understand.

1. Download the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. If the downloaded file has the extension ".zip", please remove it and modify it to end up with a filename ending in _Restore.ipsw

2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10 seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start iTunes if not started yet .

3. Restore your iPhone by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key on windows or ‘option’ key on Mac, then click ‘restore’ to select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier. The restore should go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.

In order to kick the phone out of that mode I just had to launch iNdependence version 1.2.5 and wait a minute or so.

Now you are ready to follow the easy steps at the following LINK in order to reactivate the phone:
http://iphoneunlocked.mostofmymac.com/Unlocking_Instructions.html

PS: And for those who wonder about IPSF, I tried to run it on my downgraded iPhone and it could not unlock the phone. It errors with "Unable to download firmware". We should expect and update from IPSF shortly!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 16:34
as this discussion is now going on in both threads (posts are being duplicated here and also Dogmann himself has responded in the other thread) I've decided to continue only in the new thread please

The O2 iPhone discussion thread

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2007-11-12 15:35 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic