Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i Camera not working anymore!

Previous  12
Author P1i Camera not working anymore!
zalien
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-03-27 16:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-08-08 13:52:18, jimmur_2000 wrote:
when i press the camera button it goes to "initializing Press 0 for help"

Just realized this problem on my P1i. Can't tell when it started or why? Just restarted the phone and it was gone for now. Please post any feedback if you ever came across this bug yourself.
modest
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-03-31 05:00
Hi guys, I have started to see this problem and unfortunately I cannot get rid of it with a restart. Has anyone found anything else about this bug? I have done a master reset updated software everything that you normally should do. I even sent it off to get fixed and they did not see the same thing then when I go it back it worked for me again for about 2 weeks, now the error is back. I thought maybe it was a memory card reading issue as this was the only thing that had changed from when I saw the error and when it was sent off.

Daba - did you hear anything after you sent it off.
kradcliffe
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-04-01 22:22
The same thing happened with my P1i (albeit on quite old FW)

I took it on holiday and the bastard thing had to be rebooted every 10 minutes as the camera app kept crashing & freezing the phone. Check out these dreadful pics .... Ares says I'm a s*it photographer, fair enough but that doesn't explain the very green tint!

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=151820&start=202

I sent it back to Expansys and now have a N95-2 with a superb camera that has never crashed once.

Seems to only affect some P1i handsets, but along with the green tint it made the P1i useless as a camera. Thankfully Nokia came along and rescued me!

[ This Message was edited by: kradcliffe on 2008-04-01 21:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kradcliffe on 2008-04-01 21:26 ]
pnf1973
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-03 15:21
I have seen the camera app freeze with the "intitalizing" message too, not very often mind. Closing it with the task manager and then restarting it seems to fix it for me.

Bear in mind, once it gets stuck once if you don't kill it in the task manager then it stays open like that till you reset the phone (or kill the camera app). I think its probably just a firmware issue - i haven't upgraded to the latest yet - and poor lighting conditions seem to make it happen more frequently.
Mon1018
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-04 15:34
I think it's hardware related issue. My phone W850i now response the same after it went in the water.
gaochongnan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-06 04:54
I met the same problem recently when I change the cda to 95 and update it to the latest firmware. I've tried formatting the internal disk, master reset and re-updating, but channot fix it.

I don't think it is a hardware problem because I only updated the firmware. And I think it may related to the firmware (internal camera driver?), or the file system accessing right may be messed.
gaochongnan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-11 07:02
The strangest thing happens! After so many days, about two weeks, the camera of my P1i is working again! And I don't know why...

I think it may caused by some instability components of P1i (hardware? f/w?)

Anyway, it works again, just before I send it to repair.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi