Previous  123  Next
Author VOiP/Skype/etc.on P1i
dominique
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-05 17:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-08-05 17:34:00, Caspa wrote:
i get the following message when i try to install Fring.

Please install latest version of cah1621023_semcvoipaudio.sis

anyone?

http://www.fring.com/UIQ/getit.php
nelshh
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-05 18:15

On 2007-08-05 17:34:00, Caspa wrote:
i get the following message when i try to install Fring.

Please install latest version of cah1621023_semcvoipaudio.sis

anyone?

Maybe this will help you:

http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2255
Mr VoWLAN
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 23:52
Hi,

I have used the OptiMobile UniPhone for a months now and with the latest release 1.2.2 is the best mobile VoIP product in the market today. It was little problem in the beginning but the first version of P1 version was more the reason (bad WiFi drivers etc).

I test a lot of different Dual Mode phones (both GSM/3G and WiFi with VoIP SIP client) include Nokia E65, E61i, E90 and now also SonyEricsson P1 with OptiMobile UniPhone client.

If you compare SonyEricsson P1 with Nokias phones:
+ Uniphone has much better sound quality
+ Even with bad networks with lot of latency and jitter it is good quality
+ When I talk with OptiMobile they told me that next release also will support seamless handover between WiFi and Cellular networks. This could not any Nokia phone handle today
+ The WiFi and SIP setting is much more simplier to do in the UniPhone client
+ VoIP is also working pretty good over the UMTS networks. With flatrate data subscription it is possible to save a lot of money.
+ Great to have several SIP account and connect to different WiFi AP. I have set up one account for Home and one for Enterprise. In my home I call out thry my VoIP operator and in the Enterprise I call all my call thru our SIP based PBX system.
+ Compare with Fring OptiMobile Uniphone is working. According to OptiMobile website http://www.optimobile.se they has developed this VoIP client together with SonyEricsson. The most others vendors has try to design a own client without any cooperation. This is very difficult to success with this advance software.
+ In the Swedish Magazine Mobil http://www.mobil.se/programtips_visa.asp?pId=500 the OptiMobile UniPhone get 8 of 10 points in the last test recomend buy. And finally how could you say that a software for 25€ is expoensive. In my last trip to Australia I saved 2€/minutes for all my call home to Sweden with this software compare with a call over the cellular operators network. The payback time was 13 minutes!

It is possible to download OptiMobile UniPhone in SonyEricssons own application shop:
http://applicationshop.sonyer[....]rod6471362&sf=sonye-sf-html-en

Also in Symbian gears shop in UK, USA and in a lot of other countries. Uniphone has been the most sold software during the last week: http://www.symbiangear.com/pl[....]ase.html?id=29245,29252,267831

Also mobile 2day is offer the uniphone I Germany at: http://www.mobile2day.de/plat[....]dukt.html?id=267821&noreload=1

On 2007-07-25 13:48:48, remirez wrote:
VoIP ready with OptiMobile UniPhone support

The VoIP client OptiMobile http://www.optimobile.se UniPhone is avalible to P1i . The product can alreadu now be prebooked and is suppose to reach the market in Q4 2007.

taken from:
http://www.globalvoipshop.com[....]d09b24584d5f75f8a705499fc1852f
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 00:17
@Mr VoWLAN

You raise some very valid points but firstly this solution has only recently become available and and i have been using Fring for many months now at no cost. Initially on a N93 and then an E61 and also whilst i had it on a N95. Although i have only used it over WiFi i have never had any problems with sound quality it has always worked as it should.

Also when the P1 was announced this app was meant to be shipped with the P1 so it is a little strange that P1 users are now expected to have to buy it, although nothing SE says and does any longer surprises me.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-10-24 23:17 ]
pinksteady
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 01:45
I have a P1i on O2 and Fring does not work. When making a call, it crashes with a Kernel Exec 3 error. Many others have this problem, and it seems to be related to the custom O2 firmware, as if you debrand your phone to the generic firmware, it works.

Here's a thread about the problem:
(http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2434)

Has anyone here got Fring working on P1i on O2?
tesssst
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 12:04

First there is a data connection with a very little data traffic to ISkoot to show me the online status of my Skype contacts and to chat (with the next version of ISkoot). As soon as I hit "Call" ISkoot dials a local Landline number and uses it as a Gateway to Skype (for the duration of the whole call). This Landline number is covered by my phone flatrate - so no costs for me there.

Do you know how much the "very little data traffic" based on your experience?
What provider are you on in germany?

About that Voip review - Fring works fine with my P1i and I have no clue why it doesnt with your phones (probably branding) and as long as it works great (both sound volume and quality) with about 6 SIPs I am going to use that and not pay the 20 Euro

SE should make that software free if they're going to sell the P1i and name it "VOIP enabled"
eske
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-31 14:48
apologies for the total newb question but I'm a complete novice re: viop/ sip etc and trying to get my head around it. Are the following assertions correct?
the optimobile uniphone is like an email client? and the sip settings would be like you imap or pop3 settings - is this correct? if so (as i have a skype account) do i already have sip setting from that account (and where do i find them?) or do i need to sign up with a sip service?
If so what sip services should i start looking at?

many thanks - i just need a little help to get in the game
cheers eske
eske
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-01 13:27
any ideas anyone?

if i have a skype account are there sip setting i can take from that for the
optimobile voip application? if so from where?

or is there somewhere else i should be looking?

or do i have it all wrong?

eske
Peio
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-01 13:47
No, with a skype account you can only call other skype account.

Here in France, a SIP account is given by my internet provider (for example "orange" or "free"). It's usually used with a normal phone and not a mobile phone
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 09:37
@Peio

Actually you are incorrect you can call other numbers be they land line or mobiles anywhere in the World with Skype out at very low cost. You can only call Skype to Skype for free.

@eske

If you already use Skype which is a propriety software and you have lot's of contacts already that use Skype just use Fring which will show your Skype contacts on your device and allow you to make Skype out calls. Fring also offers many IM clients as well and best of all it's free. I really fail to see any reason to pay for software when a free solution that works well is available especially if you mainly use Skype and Fring also supports SIP.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-05 10:14 ]
Peio
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 10:17

On 2007-11-05 09:37:40, Dogmann wrote:
@Peio

Actually you are incorrect you can other numbers be they land line or mobiles anywhere in the World with Skype out at very low cost. You can only call Skype to Skype for free.

Okay, I did'nt know that, sorry for the wrong advice
2manydjs
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 12:08
Hi,

Just got my P1 and eager to use any form of voip on it!
Using wifi all seems to work well when using Fring (skype and gizmo sip).
After switching to data everything still works fine.

However if I start using data before using Wifi, I get the following error:
"This phone does not allow VOIP calls in GPRS mode."

I haven't installed the two "drivers" as my phone said they were already installed.
I'm a bit concerned in overwriting these.

What should I do??

Thanks!

EDIT:
CDA Version 162024/54 R3A

UPDATE:
Sorry, now I understand my phone switched to and from UMTS to GPRS. When on GPRS it's not working, but on UMTS it works.
[ This Message was edited by: 2manydjs on 2007-11-24 13:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 2manydjs on 2007-11-24 15:24 ]
searley
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 21:29
i am using uniphine 1.2.2 which sometimes crashes.. i see v 1.2.4 is available is anyone using it? is it better than 1.2.2

is there anyway for me to obtain the latest version without having to buy again??
khakhi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-03-16 10:37
As soon as i hit "call" in iskoot the call gets directed to a local landline...y?

Im using p1i and am on vodacom network in south africa.
khakhi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-03-16 10:55
Im battling to make skype calls on iskoot on my p1i,

I read that you must switch from GPRS to UMTS...whats that? how do i make the switch on my phone?

I also tried installing "semcvoip.sis" on my phone but i got an error msg saying it is already installed on my phone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi