Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Bluespoon and bluetooth not very practical

12  Next
Author Bluespoon and bluetooth not very practical
nikke
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-11-28 21:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
After using the bluespoon for 2 months I have come to the conclusion that the technology is too unreliable. You cannot trust the pairing, that both products feels that they are paired and thus risking hang-ups. The sound quality of the Bluespoon is too bad compared to ordinary headsets. I hear quite well but the ones I talk to tend to be happy when I switch the call to the handset. Indoor usage is often good enough but paying $ 300 for something this limited won't be a success in the near future. I love the form and the idea but I find my bluespoon more often shut down in my pocket then paired with my phone.

The future is promising though

Johan
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-28 22:23
Johan> sorry to hear about your bad experiences with bluetooth. However, I am of a different opinion. I have had very good experiences with bluetooth. First I had a T28 with bluetooth dongle using a HBH-15 headset. Worked super good! Then I bought T68 and have used that phone with the HBH-15 and now with the Bluespoon. No problem pairing nor hearing and the people I talk to say the quality of sound is just as good. Maybe you have got your hands on a faulty product. And as you said yourself bluetooth will just get better and better.
LkL
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 01:08
I returned my bluespoon headset yesterday, it was worthless. The sound for me that was using it was great if i was inside in a quitet environment. But if i was outside i´ll could not hear a shit! And the people i was talking to with the bluespoon allways complaint about the sound so i was forced to scream all the time so them could here me!;(

My conclusion is that the microphone is to far away from the mouth and i think that is a logical conclusion...
mobility
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 04:32
LkL> Not to be rude but I hope yours was an exception. I am planning to buy one of those black Panthers that are coming out soon. Maybe yours was a defect. I hope the one I buy will be better than what you describe. Good luck!
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 05:02
I use the bluespoon headset with my t68i and so far have foundit great. The build quality of the bluespoon is a little disappointing for £200 but the function is great. I just fitted the se bluetooth car kit, one word AWESOME!

This post was posted from a T68i

amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-30 02:23
mobility> if you want to buy one Panther I have two for sale on eBay.
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-12-01 01:13
So I have now used the Panther constantly for a few days and have to say that is works so good with the T68. When I used the HBH-15 I was having problems all the time. The Panther is so on it with the T68 - it's like their minds are connected.

Thanks again Jan and Nextlink!
nikke
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-02 22:04
It's not bluespoons fault that bluetooth is more of a gadget technology than a trustworthy technology. I thought bluetooth would enable me to forget exactly in what pocket or where in the bag I have the phone as long as I have the headset. Well, it doesn't work very often. The phone looses it's connection or something else goes wrong. If you read the posts in this forum you'll find that many people have problems. Sometimes they are solved with software upgrades, sometimes you have to buy a phone-model to match your headset (!). The broad mass of users won't buy, nor use bluetooth, as long as this is the case. We gadgetfreaks may do it but not the average user, even if bluetooth headsets will go well under $ 100. It seems that bluetooth is more a proprietary technology for SonyErcisson than a general one.

Lets hope I'm wrong

Johan
Cophia
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-09 11:46

Bluetooth is not propriatory although some manufacturers may not embrace the whole standard (such as Microsoft with Java or Nokia and Bluetooth on their 7650).

Sometimes there are quality control issues, I haven't had any problem with my headset, I don't leave my phone behind as I walk away though. Bluetooth on the phone has a MAXIMUM range of about 10 metres in good conditions so I never try to be more than 5 metres away (usually carrying my phone in a small "BodyGlove" holster).

Voice quality is no worse than a wired handsfree, people have not noticed any difference and I am using the earliest release of firmware on a T68i.

One advantage of the BlueSpoon is that it has been tested against a T68i so there is some high degree of compatibility with this phone, although it does work well with other models too.

geoffreyw
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-09 17:30
I think the problem with bluetooth in general is the comsumers expectations. I remember several years ago when the bluetooth standard was just beginning to be widely discussed, it was going to change the world. We were told how you could leave your phone in you briefcase or backpack or whatever and still make and receive phone calls etc. Basically we were sold the freedom from wires but not really told about the limitations. I think one day we will get there, but not this year. But you are right most people are not going to pay $100 for a headset that requires that much work. Personally, I use the Jabra Freespeak and from what I have heard it blows the BS away as far as total value goes. If BS cut its price in half (atleast) and maybe sacraficed some of its battery life for a stronger signal, you would have a stronger contender
discub
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-08-23 15:27
Hopefully, the situation had improved since... I'm using a HBH-35 with my T68i and i feel it work very good (not perfectly).
The T68i has BT in automatic mode to save the battery life, and i can answer the phone with HBH when in range (it rings!) and if i phone with the T68i it wil connect directly to the headset.
The only con is: to use the vocal command system the BT must be ON, and that will suck your battery life as hell!!!

I can also use the HBH with my PC as microphone and headset works great!!
Please share your experience and idea to generalise the use of this great tool: Bluetooth!!!!!!!!!!
nikwood28
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-08-23 16:00
um... can sum1 fill me in - i have a k700i and i use bluetooth all the time (big loss on battery time but never mind) especially when im out clubbing and i like to msg random people within my vicinity and then try and guess who im talking to. i also have a bluetooth dongle at home which i use to transfer pictures, mp3s, midis etc to and from my phone. this i get

but wtf is bluespoon?!?
mwright
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-08-23 16:04
Bluespoon is a make of bluetooth headset!

Just a thought!
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-24 16:13
Bluespoon is made by Nextlink in Denmark

Quote:

On 2004-08-23 15:27:54, discub wrote:
...the BT must be ON, and that will suck your battery life as hell!!!

Have you got the latest Firmware for your t68i?
I have the t68i + bluespoon digital combo and I keep BT on always. I recharge every four - five days. Great! BTW latest FW is R8A015
teslaguy
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-08-30 08:39
i'd say! Is it that much need that you have to pay £200 for a headset? I use the K700 wired handsfree which is great when i need to use one. Else I just put my hand in the pocket, pick out the phone and press "Answer". So much difficult eh?
K700i user
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi