Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > How much quality is enough for MP3 files?

Author How much quality is enough for MP3 files?
blueberry287
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-05 11:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Go here to see how to convert DVD/ video/ Audio to Mobile Phone.
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153989
abbafan1972
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2007-09-05 23:24
I must admit, I find it difficult to tell the difference between various bit-rates. Mine are usually a minimum of 128.
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-09-05 23:42
I am actually getting quite hooked on DTS and AC3, sadly no mp3 can pump those out but then you would really need 5.1 headphones for that I am sure my Ultimate Ears could handle that...
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-06 00:07
Hi all

Well as this was originally about encoding for Mobile devices i used to think that 160kbps AAC produced very good results without producing to large a file size.

How ever after recently having had a major rethink of of my mobile device strategy i have for the first time bought a dedicated player.

Having just bought a 80gb iPod i chose the highest bit rate offered in iTunes for AAC which is @256kbps. Even though it has only been a few days i can easily say a dedicated device and a higher bit rate does indeed make a big difference. Although until now i had been quite happy with the results i have had so far. Whilst our mobile devices can produce more than adequate results they really can't compete with a dedicated player is my conclusion.

For now anyway i am happy with my new decision to have a separate device that does it each thing the best, and although it means carrying more than one device it really is worth carrying an additional device IMO. As i really do believe a truly great convergence device is yet to be with us. Maybe one day that will change but IMO not yet.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-05 23:07 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi