Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sync with Outlook 2007

Author Sync with Outlook 2007
rascom
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-03-12 12:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Have had the p990i for a few months now and liking it (upgraded from p910i). Was previously running it on WinXP Pro with Outlook 2003 and then upgraded to the beta of Office 2007 back in November. All still worked fine.

We put Vista on our system in January along with the full release version of Office 2007. Obvious problems in that the software didn't work with Vista and SE said it is unlikely they will have support for it until the Summer. We did follow the info in the other thread and had PC Suite working but found Vista a vile experience so went back to WinXP but remained with Office 2007.

However, since rebuilding our system we not cannot get the PC Suite software to sync with Outlook 2007 even though it used to until we used the release version rather than the beta.

Has anyone successfully managed to get PC Suite to talk to Outlook 2007 and if so houw cause we cannot sync any content anymore which, oddly, is somewhat of a pain.

If not, can anyone recommend (by email if required so as not to breach any forum rules) something that WILL sync the phone and Outlook 2007.
ericl
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-12 12:39
@rascom

iIve been using Outlook2007 (running under WinXP SP2) both in beta and full release versions and have never had a problem.

When you rolled back to XP from Vista did you do a full format and clean install of both WinXP and Office 2007?
rascom
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-03-12 13:00
Complete new hard disk, never used before.

I've also done a master reset on the phone at the weekend and just re-installed the PC Suite software from the CD-Rom in case there was anything different on the webrelease.

It doessn't even recognise that Outlook is on the system. My only sync options are for Outlook Express (hmmmm...!).

It didn't sync under Vista either.
scroitoru
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-03-12 16:55
Is your Outlook the default email client?
to check, go into Outlook, Tools>Options, and then click on the Other tab. Check the box that says make Outlook default....
You might have to restart so these settings are available.
Mebs
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-03-12 17:32
I have had the same problem too. I am unable to sync with Office 2007. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
simpsons
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2007-03-12 17:43
I use 2007 fine here. had a problem the otehr day when I installed 2003 as well on same system.

The sync system just would not work anymore. Even after I took 2003 off the sync option was still only Express.

Took off PC suite, and reinstalled, and it saw 2007 fine. Worked fine.
Suggest trying the same.
rascom
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-03-12 20:22
Just uninstalled PC Suite and, after a reboot also removed any folders or registry entries pertaining to be anything to do with Sony, Intuwave etc.

Re-installed s/w from CD and still same thing.

Had an email from SE saying they will not be supported Vista or Office 2007 until the summer. I don't understand why it used to work on a 'dirty' system with lots of cr*p on, and then since being used on a Vista system hasn't sync'd since. Even more so for the fact that it won't work on a brand new system build.

What I also don't understand is why, and this isn't just SE, if Vista has been in beta for so long why manufacturers are so behind on supporting it.
simpsons
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2007-03-12 21:01
Should of said I downloaded the latest version from Web site... don't know if this makes a difference ? (vesion 1.2.15)

Didi you go through the Wizard to find and setup a phone ok ?

Are you still runing under XP or Vista ? (I am not using Vista here.)

[ This Message was edited by: simpsons on 2007-03-12 20:03 ]
scroitoru
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-03-12 21:03
I am not using Vista, but read here. Hopefully it helps ya.
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=133886
rascom
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-03-14 15:39
For anyone else having any similar issues, the solution was surprisingly simple !

I did a repair of the Office installation with PC Suite installed and now it works fine so the installation order needs to be PC Suite THEN Office rather than the other way around which is how I would normally install a system.

or at least this is the way it needs to be for Outlook 2007 anyways.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Have to say that overall, the p990 has been a good successor to my trusty p910i. A few niggles but if we've put up with Windows for this long then I'm sure nothing else comes close
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi