Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Running SE smartphone pc suite on windows vista!

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Running SE smartphone pc suite on windows vista!
Illidian
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-10-24 20:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
For all people having trouble installing SE Smartphone PC Suite On WindowS Vista, here is a workaround until SE release a fully Compatibile Vista Version.....

Follow These Carefully:

- Run the installation program
- When you get the error, do NOT click OK, but leave this open.
- go to localsettings/temp
- find a new folder with the most recent date and time (from when you extracted it)
- copy the MSI files to your desktop
- Use Orca.msi (http://www.brentnorris.net/orca.msi) to edit the Sony Ericssion PC Suite.msi file
- Edit a line called Launchcondition - remove the first line
- Edit a line called file remove the first 2 lines called msxml2.dll & msxml2r.dll (old verisons you have to remove them or the installation will halt as the system won't be able to overwrite the newer files in Vista)
- Save
- Run the Pc Suite.msi file and enjoy a full installation
- Download m-Router installer http://developer.intuwave.com/Downloads/m-Router & run it using Win XP Sp2 comptability Mode and with administrator Previliage.
- Connect your phone to the PC, check device manager to make sure all phone drivers are loaded and installed properly, if prompted always choose automatically locate.
- Restart your PC
- Voila you have a full working Smartphone PC Suite working On Windows Vista!

ENJOY!
Stabilis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-21 15:28
The application finish with an error and then begin with the roller back action.

First, a windows error appears:

Windows: Backup Archive Server has stopped working

Then, in the registering proccess:
Sony Ericsson PC Suite for Smarphones: Unable to launch c:\\Program Files\\Sony Ericsson\\Mobile4\\InstSupport\\mRouter3Installer.exe

Also, I didn't find the lines msxml2.dll & msxml2r.dll, the libraries appear as msxml4.dll & msxml4r.dll. For the procedure you wrote, I deleted this two lines.

Any idea?
coolchris
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-29 11:13
Yes..there aint msmxl2.dll anywhere, so this procedure fails.
If the author of the method could reply, that would be cool.
Consumology
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 00:15
Exactly the same here. No solution to this yet?
neilbcool
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-17 23:08
Hi Guys,

I've just followed the instructions above for installing the PC suite on vista, and it's installed successfully.

This is what I did:

- Ran the installation program (PC_Suite_for_Smartphones_1.2.15)
- got the error, left this window open.
- Browsed to V:\\Users\\Username\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\_is5BF2\\ (Where V:\\ is your partition with Vista installed, Username being the username you are logged in as and _is5BF2 the folder which has been created with the Sony Ericsson PC Suite for Smartphones.msi file in it.
- Copied the entire folder to somewhere more accessible, preferable desktop.
- Downloaded Orca (http://www.brentnorris.net/orca.msi) to edit the Sony Ericssion PC Suite.msi file
- Edited the line called Launchcondition - removed the first line where it says about WindowsNT blah blah, this will stop the installation program from halting because you are using Vista
- Edited a line called 'file' remove the first 2 lines called msxml4.dll & msxml4r.dll. I left these files in at first because they weren't named msxml2 but i got permission issues with it so I removed them.
- Saved msi file
- Ran the Sony Ericsson PC Suite for Smartphones.msi file, encountered an error for Toshiba bluetooth and something else which came up whilst installing, the installer seemed to be taking a while doing nothing but i left it and it successfully installed, it detected my P990i and i'm backing up as we speak. I didn't download any extra software from intuwave, the site wasn't working. Also I've not restarted the PC yet. :S

Anyway hope this helps, drop me a message if you still have problems.
Stabilis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-20 14:43
Yes, seems to work quite well, with some exceptions.
Backup, Application installer and File Manager work fine.
Also the synchronization with Microsoft Outlook 2003 it do it well. The problem is that any time you boot the computer or close the synchronization application, if you try to synchronize again clicking the “Synchronise now” button, the “Synchronisation Setting Wizard” window always appear and you have to set the settings again and again.
To add to your procedure, I installed the msi from a command console running as administrator.
Perhaps is the best we can get with the actual version…
Any new experience?
gregh0lmes
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 15:31
I followed the instructions above.

Also had msxml4 in file instead of msxml2, but deleted them anyway.

It complained about the backup archiver server, which i clicked on close rather than go to MS to find an answer.

Then at what looked like 100% complete (the green installer bar all the way across), i got this error message "Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for the install to complete could not be run."

Only had the option of clicking OK on this error window, which then rolled back the installation.

I tried it a 2nd time and copied the msi back into the temp directory overwriting the original and ran it from there. Got the same error.

Hope this helps others (as it doesnt help me at the moment).
martint235
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-03 19:27
Does anyone have any updates on this? It doesn't work for me, get an error about a program not working properly.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-03 20:45
Vista is to new to be any good. Sw, driver probs. Plus pc suite still has troubles in its current version. I don't eXPect Vista to be gaining tracktion until 6mo after launch.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
renesis
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-03 20:58
I agreed totally.

This message was posted from a T630
Consumology
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-03 21:25
I do not agree. I have it working for nearly a month now, the only thing that does not work is installing programs from the phone, but you can transfer the files to the phone and install it from there.

I also got the roll back problem at 100% at first, the reason for this is in my opinion that the PC Suite reaches a level in the installation process where Vista requires another confirmation that the program is allowed to install itself or whatever component but as PC Suite is not compatible with Vista yet it does not work. I think I solved this by turning off the administration confirmation (or whatever it is called exactly) in Vista. I think you can do it from somewhere in the Vista menu or you install the free Version of TweakIV from http://www.totalidea.com, I think you already are asked during installation to turn it off. Then try to install Sony Ericsson PC-Suite again and you should get over the roll back problem. After that you can switch on the Vista administrator rights protection again if you like. People who did switch this off before trying to install PC Suite never encountered the problem, that is probably the reason why it is not mentioned in the otherwise excellent instructions above in this post.
martint235
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-04 00:31
Nope, sorry still didn't work. Any other ideas? I've complained to SE that as an owner of the flagship P990 this is completely unacceptable but got a standard message saying " We're working on it"!!!
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-04 22:35
I guess the check is in the mail.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
jsmills
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-05 14:59
ok i've got mine working here's how it goes:

1,Goto control panel -> user accounts -> Turn user account control on /off -> Untick UAC box -> ok -> restart.
2,Follow neilbcool's post above
3, You will get the same old error and think it aint worked, but this time when you press close a new 'Toshiba Bluetooth error appears, close this and the installer pauses for around 5 mins. It'll then finish the install.
4, Restart
5, Enjoy SE PC suite in all its vista glory

Versions used:
SE PC suite: 1.2.15
Orca 3.1.4000.2049
Vista Ultimate x64 RTM

goodluck guys.....
jsmills
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-05 16:35
still got a problem though, have no drivers to connect via usb cable, bluetooth works fine. Anyone know any that work? I like using the docking station........
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi