Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-16 08:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2007-01-16 06:12:38, miss uk wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-14 16:27:22, Toney_Ericsson wrote:
How are O2 fobbing contract customers off, explain?

O2 are fobbing PAYG customers i.e "some services are not available cough cough crap"

I'm suprised you did'nt go for the 35 a month one, free calls all weekend (o2 long weekends)

Thats the only kind of thing I find appealing about a contract, not the free phone because thats just to get customers bound into a contract like any contract. Orange's version of the free calls is unlimited calls to a magic number which is actually better plus unlimited texts (capped at 3000) and 550 anytime mins on that Dolphin one.

02 Prepay customers are getting alot more in terms of promotions,
free weekend calls I don't get that

how much do you top up on your phone btw?

Good morning Miss UK, my ears were burning so I thought I would check esato after checking my emails and I see you have made a reply

I don't get free weekend calls on O2 Pay and Go, I am however getting 500 mins free a month for 3 months because I asked O2 what are they going to offer anything of the same as Orange do on the above posting i.e. Orange are doing the exact same as what O2 online Pay and Go do with the 300, 500 and 1000 texts but with free evening calls between 7pm and 11:59pm Monday - Sunday for 2 years and thats Pay and Go.

O2 do have free weekend calls on their online contract £35 or more tariffs though and they call it "O2 Long Weekends" look here: https://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs

On Orange they do Orange Dolphin with free calls to a magic number plus unlimited texts (capped at 3000)
here: http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/online

How much do I top up? That's dippends really, sometimes the minimum and sometimes way over the top but at least you're in control. When I do top up a lot then yeah I am paying what would be a contract tariff in that month. T-mobile have the right idea for customers like that with their "Flext" 35 tariff for instance which is extremely popular at this very moment look here: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dis[....]_flext_get&chosenPricePlan=pmt

I know with the flext one you even get a text saying you've used you're calls or text allowance in that month which is good.

Have you seen what Vodafone are doing on their contracts? free calls for 3 or 5 people of you're choice wheather if they are on contract or Pay and Go, they call it Vodafone family. One of those persons pays £5 a month for that look here: http://online.vodafone.co.uk/[....]Vodafone_others&pageID=MV_0136

The only thing I find appealing in any of those contracts is the unlimited areas like the unlimited calls. This really is for another thread though as this thread was to let other O2 Pay and Go customers know about how crap O2 are. If anyone has any other complaint which they want to put in writing to O2 about then this is their address

O2 Compliant Review Service
PO Box 116
Leeds
LS11 5DS

I will see how they deal with my complaint and keep correspondence as I have done so far of what complete sheee-it O2 Customer Service have tried to throw my way with their misleading bull, if not satisfactorily then it's time to push their crap towards the BBC's Watchdog then they really will see sh%* hit the fan should it be broadcast like other dire mobile network instances of a very similar nature have been in the past. I do hope Peter Erskine Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of O2 (and that killer mousache will be viewing)

This in fairness is something all O2 customers should know about the O2 3G Pay and Go service and O2's non exsistant customer service and also their misleading bull.

[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2007-01-16 07:42 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-01-17 15:26
what your getting is good,
have you not setup treats?

I wouldn't really like to keep topping up tho myself,
i was spending something like £10 a week when I was a Pre-pay customer 6 years ago, on the BT Cellnet "U" tariff it wasn't that bad 5p per text message, but when I got a new phone and went for the Shop Pre-pay phone and sim the prices were alot more 10p per text message and no free benefits, I hated the fact everytime you sent a message your balance would come on everytime... i gave that old sim to my mom btw.. ive told her she can ave 1 of my free 0nline sims so she's just waiting for her credit to run out now

having a Contract is more beneficial to my needs,
1. don't have to keep spending more than £40 a month on top-ups
2. saving alot more
3. get the best deals on the latest handsets
4. better customer care

those are the main issues I have with Prepay

I was looking at other contracts with other networks before I re-newed but none are as good as 02 to be frank.

vodafone are very sly...
they offer 6 free month line rental but don't tell you how long the contract is, and they charge you £35 per month.

orange may have a few more advantages,
but they don't have 1471
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-17 19:56
Is'nt treats like 20 extra texts a month? I think I do have that, not that I notice 20 texts though.

Someone told me today Vodafone will be doing free unlimited internet, theres a little info to watch out for.
golmauk
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-18 12:28
The stupidity of O2 never ceases to amaze me.

I'm glad I left for Orange. Although I cancelled my account with O2 in November. I found they wanted to still bill me for december and called up, complained, apparently it was my fault for not using the PAC (but I wasn't told I had to in order to cancel my account), this was offered to me AFTER the guy told me my account was now cancelled. I cancelled the direct debit and no money was taken ... but what the hell, I turned on my K750i the other day and the SIM Card for O2 is still active! Dealing with their customer services is useless, they still didn't get the message after a few phone calls and DD cancellation!

Sometimes the reception isn't so good as O2 in my home, but all the services work without a problem.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-18 21:05
How can that be you're fault? as far as I'm concerned when they say it's cancelled it's cancelled.
golmauk
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-19 11:58
It seems like with long texts, O2 wants to blame everyone else except themselves! That's how it's "my" fault.

The cr*p that they wrote to you is ridiculous. You'd think they'd at least try putting their heads together and come up with a consistent story.

As with Microsoft, "it's not a bug, it's a feature". lol.

Here's hoping O2 finally sort this out and offer O2 PATG 3G customers what they're paying for - a 100% working service.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-19 13:48
Quote:

On 2007-01-19 11:58:10, golmauk wrote:
Here's hoping O2 finally sort this out and offer O2 PATG 3G customers what they're paying for - a 100% working service.

I have made a formal complaint to their O2 review service, I will post on here anything I get back about it so other O2 Pay and Go customers are fully aware of what O2 are or are not doing about it.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-01-20 01:15
Yeah O2 treats is that, ive got enuff texts tho so I use the 23mins
worth of free calls

02 are really bending outta there way with me latley i got a courtesy call of them the other day asking if I was happy with my phone and tariff

what on earths going on

Btw my bruv in laws just cancelled hos contract today it's ment to end,
I was wondering does anyone know if you can take the number onto the online prepay instead of the shop 1?

his contract was with the 02 shop not online.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-20 02:32
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 01:15:44, miss uk wrote:
Yeah O2 treats is that, ive got enuff texts tho so I use the 23mins
worth of free calls

02 are really bending outta there way with me latley i got a courtesy call of them the other day asking if I was happy with my phone and tariff

what on earths going on

Btw my bruv in laws just cancelled hos contract today it's ment to end,
I was wondering does anyone know if you can take the number onto the online prepay instead of the shop 1?

his contract was with the 02 shop not online.

Should'nt be a problem with any network.

I was looking further into this so called O2 Long Weekends on contract where they say you get free calls on the weekend on £35+ a month tariffs. It's capped at 2000 mins a month if you read the small print.

Not interested personally after reading that.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 02:55
Yeah I mention that to him then ..that contract is ok but maybe its Betta to keep browsing
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 16:21
For £35+ I would expect proper unlimited calls, I only pay £15 a month on my landlines for 24/7 local and national unlimited calls.

Look at what Vodafone are doing here:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/[....]bel=template10&pageID=PPP_0037

For £5 a month you could be in a Vodafone family and have better than that o2 one. I'm trying to work out if the Vodafone one is capped in any way per month. I see it's up to 60 mins a call but can you simply ring the person back if you want to keep chatting.

I do it all the time on my home phone no worries with running up a bill with that.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-28 14:01
To give an update on this issue about not being able to send more than a 1 page text when using O2 3G settings i.e. when you have a 3G signal icon showing I had a call from O2 complaints review service the other day.

Basically the lady said that she was intrigued by it not working and tested it herself. She said it worked for her, I asked if this handset she tested it on was set on 3G mode, she did'nt know and said she would need to test it again........o.k I thought, I've already tried this in several handsets and it does'nt work and it shows as no 3G handset is supported by O2 Pay and Go fully.

She just basically gave me some shpeel about O2 has 2 million customers and I'm the first to mention this and that O2 engineers are looking into this but there is no time scale on how long.

Like hell are they doing anything about it.....

Does anyonelse have this issue or am I the only person on esato using a 3G handset with and O2 Pay and Go 3G USIM?
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-01-28 16:56
I agree as my younger brother is on O2 pre pay and he has same problems. I can send multiple text on T Mobile 3G which by the way is fantastic service and coverage. Though my point is why are pre pay customers treated like second class customers by all networks. Was it not for pre pay in the first place years ago the mobile market would have never took off like it did. Orange and Vodafone are the worst for cutting you off in mid conversation to make way for the more important contract customers call trying to get through. I used to with Orange years ago thinking they were the only good network now i think they are awful and its a shame. Their pre pay service charges are the most expensive out there. Anyway thats why you cant send a long text on O2 pre pay as the networks try to save capacity for contract customers as they are favoured over pre pay users.

This message was posted from a 6233
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-28 20:43
Hello Seanyb2,

What handset does you're younger brother have out of interest? It most certainly is because there is a difference in 3G platforms between O2 Contract and O2 Pay and Go. When using 3G texts I understand use the 2.5G service anyway when the handset is set on to use 3G but there appears to be something in the O2 3G Pay and Go platform which is'nt set to send the maximum number of page texts, it looks as though it's set only at 160 characters.

I agree T-mobile are good, Flext on contract is pretty good, T-Mobile (one2one) was the first network I was ever on and still they have free voice mail which is good.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-09 16:36
A little update on this multiple text issue.

I have'nt been contacted by O2 since but now see you can send multiple texts on o2 Pay and Go when using 3G settings.

Dodgey bastards....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi