Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K800i Joystick Problem

Author K800i Joystick Problem
pete101
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-14 13:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i have problems pressing down now its like the sensor does not recognise the movement anymore.. i used to move the joystick in a circle about 5 times and that temporarily solved the problem but by doing that the joystick seem to collapse slightly so sometimes when i press down it actually enters that menu which is quite annoying.

i have had 2 k800s and the first one i could tell the joystick was really good cos it was built really sturdy and firm. but when i got my 2nd one i noticed from the start the joystick looked flimsy and would be suseptible to mechanical wear after a short while.

i dont know what to do now i've tried cleaning the joystick rotating it several times but the 'down' movement is not responding anymore. any suggestions as to what i can do?
pete101
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 23:50
it's starting to get much worse now. really having difficulties getting it to go down. the joystick just collapses and presses enter instead. how do i fix this?
miroalex
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-28 22:15

On 2007-08-27 23:50:10, pete101 wrote:
it's starting to get much worse now. really having difficulties getting it to go down. the joystick just collapses and presses enter instead. how do i fix this?

open cover and use contact cleaner and blower it will be fixed!
ginek0log
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-30 09:08
yes, my joy was failing me too.

THE best thing to do is open it (there is a guide somewhere) and spray some CONTACT CLEANER on it, not wd40 or some other crap.

Works like new now. I had do do the same procedure on my old t610 once a year. no biggie.
aragorn666
J300
PM
Posted: 2007-08-30 10:28
someone told me that the joystick problem is due to the dirt dust and the sloughed off skin of our body.

my j300i also got the same problem
i opened the case
i tried to desolder the microswitch but i couldn`t remove that with my iron.
so i put one drop of spirit on the switch and pushed,rotated... for some time
but it also didnt worked.
then i put a small drop of hydrogen peroxide then done the pushin...
it worked fine.no problem for another 1 1/2 months.

can we remove the debris using the pressurized air canisted which we use to clean the motherboard.

i`ll try and tell
O seeker ! KNOW wHAt YoU SeeK AnD tHEn SeeK.
KCC4
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-30 13:36
Yeah, the problem with joysticks is becoming a lot more recognized now, which is why i'd personally say that the W810i did really well to avoid this problem. The K800i, K700i, and T630 are all prone to losing sesitivity in the joystick. Im not really sure how you can fix problems liek this, you'll have to ask about.
Rupe
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-08 13:10
I just cleaned mine with a bit of tissue, not even any WD40,
and it made a huge difference. The gunk I cleaned off can't
have been anywhere near the contacts. Perhaps what's
going on is that the gunk is having a mechanical effect,
changing the direction that the force is being transferred
from the button to the contacts?
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-08 15:22
What i do everyday after its had a day in my pocket is get a cotton bud and thin it out and clean in and around the joystick. Its kept problems at bay for now though as time goes by dust i cannot see may have already got in there. Good luck.

This message was posted from a K800i
Aphex Demon
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-21 19:47
Yeah, i had that problem with my K800, i just used a toothbrush to clean it out =D
Rustygurl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-09-24 07:28
see now what i find wierd is that my problem, like everyone else seems to be that "down" on the joystick doesnt work. thing that is different for me is that it actually tends to go right instead of not responding, but when i have tried WD40 and "massaging" the joystick, it improves for a bit.... maybe my case is a mix of dirt and user error?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi