Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Help me choose!! SPV(now) or P800 (wait)

Author Help me choose!! SPV(now) or P800 (wait)
AV
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 22:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
maybe ms can change to unix pr linux
8legs
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 23:00
I would go for the SPV...actually I have just ordered it, and I will get it next week.......

about the software for phone..remember that you can actually upgrade it over the air, when their is an update...I think that is d**m smart....so forget all about going to the service center...
marknicholls
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 23:21
what is this samsung phone with MS software? any specs, reviews or piccs?
Mark
mnichollsuk@mac.com
SE Z600
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 23:32
there was some buzz about it here on esato, i am too lazy to search for it, and son't you recall in that spv presentation movie they said that it was presented in the next pavilion over... so i guess it is coming...
www.mythstudios.com
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 23:35
mark, try looking over at the other manufacturer's forum....
www.mythstudios.com
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-03 00:25
[MDS] I think you pretty much summed up the DISCUSSION about both of these fantasic (on paper anyway) handset/pda/brick thingamajigs - [addsig]
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-03 18:21
I really like the smart phone. I will wait for TM USA's version to be out here in january. I will probably buy it, bought I would like to learn about some new info on what SE has coming to replace the T68 in april. I mean I will prolly still get the smartphone either way, but it would just be nice to hear from SE about their plans to replace the T68. I am sure it's gonna be 1 kick ass phone!
-Savoy

T68M->I (LunaGrey)<-My Fav(R5C001)
T68I (Adriatic Blue)
Spacer
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-03 18:24
regarding Samsung V stinger based phone.
here are my picture of it (8 month old)
http://netcam.cc/spacer/cebittrip/MVC04663.JPG
http://netcam.cc/spacer/cebittrip/MVC04662.JPG

phone is delayed only because of unusability of stinger at its first versions.
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-03 19:18
Yeah, looks goooooood doesn't it?
Here's some more info on Samsungs new smartphones/PDAphones: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51694&perpage=15&highlight=samsung%20smartphone&pagenumber=1
carpe noctem
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-03 22:16
Quote:

On 2002-11-03 00:25, orangeman wrote:
[MDS] I think you pretty much summed up the DISCUSSION about both of these fantasic (on paper anyway) handset/pda/brick thingamajigs -

i am sorry you got me confused her... what do you mean???
www.mythstudios.com
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 00:10
The SPV looks great but frankly I would rather my network NOT insist on the services that I take from them! From the Orange site:

the SPV pack

The purchase of the SPV phone is subject to connection to the SPV promotional pack. It provides unlimited web browsing, email and access to a great range of information and entertainment services (terms and conditions apply) and costs £6 per month on top of your existing Service Plan. The pack can be purchased until 31st March 2003 and runs until 30th April 2003. At the end of the promotional period you will automatically be changed onto an equal or lower priced GPRS bundle with a megabyte cap.
jb
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 09:36
Quote:

What scares me the most about M$ based phones is that. M$ will destroy every mobile standard there is, and change stuff so it will only work with their own phones.

Yeah. And then they will dazzle the world with an earth-shattering innovation - downloadable executable snap-in-programs for their Platform. Not j2me or mophun, of course (what are they?) It shall be called mobile . Net - and with the help of Microsoft Visual Mobile Net Studio Creator Suite (only $1000), you will be able to develop these precious applets (about 2MB each) on your own.

And before long the world will be flooded by utterly useless shareware, SMS/MMS-viruses, broken device drivers and unreliable devices.
ShibbyLicious
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 11:05
quote : who knows when the p800 will be coming to town, who knows what the price will be, how can you say that spv crashes :

p800 comes to town in jan in the masses during feb in uk

p800 is £300 on contract and £500/£550 sim-free

spv will crash cos its runs an ms os - the guy who said he thinks xp is excellently stable, dude u must be high

yeh i agree xp is the dogs b****x at runnin things wit ease and the amount of inbuilt drivers is stunning, no problems wit compatibilty or attatching things 2 it but m8 it seems 2 get tired and dide a very frozen or blue screen of death like every 4 hrs (on average), as everyone as suggested they way ms os's use the cpu and mem its no wonder it crashes and hence therefore so will spv

spv = messenger a dream come true

p800 = a great multimedia phone open to any platform and made by phone manufacturers not pc sw giants

shibby
steve_hughes
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 11:14
Quote:

On 2002-11-02 09:55, DmX wrote:
P800 is still better

MS is never better
look at PS2 its made by sony and its the best selling game console in the world
look at Xbox its made by MS the worst selling game console

im still going for the p800

The PS2 is the best selling console because its been out a couple of years. Thats like saying the nokia 3310 is better than the t68 because they have sold more. The Xbox is technically superior.
If you have an Xbox, in the UK, you can go online at the end of this month with full service on March 14th next year. Contrast that with Sony. There should be a beta test, for the PS2, at the end of this year with full service next spring. Considering the PS2 has been out a couple of years you would think they would be first or at least set proper dates.
Moving on to the P800. Sounds like typical Sony. Lets be vary vague on a release date. If something is not released, when you expect it, then it is either not finished or has problems. It's easy to drop hints of a forthcoming product in the hope that people will not buy a competitors product that does exist.
My advice is :- If you really need a new phone then look at the phones that you can actually buy not phones that are due any time soon.
By the time the P800 comes out there will probably be even better phones due. It's just like buying PC's. There's always a better one just around the corner.
My phone is a t68 which I am very happy with. It does all I want and is very light. These new phones appear to be very heavy. I will not be changing my phone anytime soon.
If you can't buy it - it doesn't exist.
marknicholls
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 11:35
ShibbyLicious

If u were refering to me when u said i must be high as i said xp was stable....You must have memory or HD problems mate.....i have never once had a "blue screen"
Mark
mnichollsuk@mac.com
SE Z600
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi