Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Help me choose!! SPV(now) or P800 (wait)

Author Help me choose!! SPV(now) or P800 (wait)
ppcrockar
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 17:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What scares me the most about M$ based phones is that. M$ will destroy every mobile standard there is, and change stuff so it will only work with their own phones.

This is a scary scenario, to get the desktop problems on mobile phones. I really hope M$ will never get enough market share to destroy the entire mobile market as they did with the desktop market.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 18:15
@spacer

quote: For start and end:)) battery life of SPV is 0
its crashes. untested and unbranded! (orange is not established hone maker just GSM provider)

have u ever heard of the compaq ipac??? I bet u have it's one of the best selling pda's - Orange don't make phones - but as u said are network providers - The company who make the ipacs for compaq make the SPV - so go I can't see the quality being that good (thats english sarcasm for u by the way)

Orange & microsoft made a videophone a few years back which was pretty good considering GSM speeds of 28/8 - at a grand a piece & remember u need 2 for video conference, it was ok, and it did sell to corporate customers - so MS have quietly been making mobile software for a while - basically - dont knock it until u try it - try SPV & P800 (when u can that is) then decide after. [addsig]
jess_strawberry
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 18:41
I used one of the MS in portable device before and I really have such bad experience that I sell it off after a week.

I am not good with the technical stuff but I can just say that given a choice I wont chose that.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 18:49
then as I said - try it, and everyone can decide for themselves - SPV may be shit for all we now - have to wait and see........

T68 is one of the most bug infested handset I have ever used/owned & battery life is 2 days max - but it still kicks ass over 90% of the handsets being released today - were way ahead with T68 - everyone is just about catching up. [addsig]
Spacer
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 18:53
> MS have quietly been making mobile software for a while - basically -> dont knock it until u try it - try SPV & P800 (when u can that is) >then decide after.

Ok this is true i can not judge before testing by myself.. but current indications are like that i would go for p800 instead of SPV (money doesnt count just features for me )

I was in stinger dev . program .. after delays ... i decided to jump to symbian... i think stinger will prove its quality but i think its just not now sorry.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 18:57
mmmmmmm - sendo Z100 has been along time coming (stinger os) - it looks we have a very long wait - I will post SPV review if I can get my hands on one at work [addsig]
adamizer
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 19:24
all you spv fans hangs on a ericssonplace :?

P800 OFCOURSE
adamizer@home.se

adamizer.freewebspace.com
B@RTje
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 20:08
Just buy the SPV.. if it's nothing.. sell it.. and buy a p800..
that's the only way to find out if all the negative things are true of not..

don't think to hard people!!
DmX
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 20:24
is the spv going to be availible for orange people?

does that mean countrys which dont have orange cant have that phone?????
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 21:01
Spacer:
as i said before, the first release will always have bugs, they will get fixed, spv will be stable and reliable at some point.... everyone who had a chance to play with the prototype P800 has been saying that it hangs like crazy every 5 minutes, and comon all those delays dont give me a trusting vibe in the stability of that phones... so you read couple of reviews, so what it is not sufficient enough to say that spv sucks and p800 rocks, we will have to wait and see...
and to make things extremely clear... i would be a person that falls into that exact category of people who don't mind having an occasional glitch... i mean i get the glitch, but on the other hand i save on the price, form factor, functionality and other useful goodies implemented with spv, while with this p800 i have to wait god knows how long and get a bulcky brick with the pda features... i need a phone for what it is - a phone and i don't need a lot of pda stuff on it, it just happens that spv is utilizing most of the pda features and that makes me want to buy it even more....
Mr.Savoy, thanx for feedback, you are helping as always, appreciate it....

[ This Message was edited by: [MDS] on 2002-11-02 20:02 ]
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 21:06
and for now i am settling down with Panasonic, which has pretty much the hardware as both spv and p800, it is not a pda but i don't even need that... so, i will wait until things clear out with the spv and then may be get it instead of gd87, but in reality i don't even want a brick like p800 with a 4k screen (even though it is touch screen, in fact i don't even like the touch screen thing).... get my point, too much dissapointment with the hardware on the P800 for me, that turns me off that product, not its stability or apps...
www.mythstudios.com
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 22:11
NP bro.
-Savoy

T68M->I (LunaGrey)<-My Fav(R5C001)
T68I (Adriatic Blue)
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 22:19
www.mythstudios.com
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 22:34
I'm thinking the 7650 is a pretty good handset. Well, for now that is... My next phone will probably be the new Samsung clamshell smartphone! It's got it all + it comes in a really small package!! That is if it actually will hit the european market, but I think it will.... :-)

This post was posted from a Nokia 7650

[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-02 22:37
correct me if i am wrong, but samsung smartphone has ms software... so there you go.. ms i progressing, way to go ms, long live ms!!!!
www.mythstudios.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi