Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > iPhone leaks! The best phone ever ) !

Author iPhone leaks! The best phone ever ) !
dr.walrus
J200
PM
Posted: 2007-01-03 02:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 12:10:37, sapporobaby wrote:
Not only is SE becoming boring with their offerings, they simply ignore a segment of customers dying for support, i.e. the Mac world. Those of us that have made the stupid and costly move to the new Symbian phones are dead in the water. The new phones no longer support the USB Mass Storage profile, there is no way to sync the phone to a Mac natively and to top it off, SE says its all Apples fault as Apple should supply the drivers and syncing solution. However, SE forgot to mention that they stopped supporting SyncML over BT or even IR, and now support it only over HTTP. No one uses this method anymore. There are a chorus of M600i and P990i users that are dumping their phones onto ebay and going to Nokia to get the support they need. SE shot itself in the foot over this and I truly hope this new iPhone (whatever it will be called) buries SE. They brought it on themselves.

Haha, oh god. Let's take it from the top;

There are a whole heap of reasons apples aren't supported. First I will preface this with an outline of platforms NOT SUPPORTED by Sony Ericsson.

Windows 3.1
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows Me
ANY Unix Platform
ANY Mac Platform
ANY other platform whatsoever

All that is supported is Windows XP (SP2) and Windows 2000.

What makes Mac users think they are so special and/or so hard done by? How come you complain about having an incompatible operating system when anyone who has ever owned a Mac is aware that they will have a much harder time finding compatible software?

Jesus. It's pretty obvious isn't it? I despise Microsoft, their big buggy platforms and their sloppy, sluggish software development programs that generate the most disgustingly bloated software I've ever seen, while meanwhile operating on the edge of legality in terms of monopolising the market. But that's the market position now. Less than 10% of the market is Macintosh. Here, it's more like 4%. You are NOT being shortchanged as a consumer!

Get over it.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-03 03:56
Quote:

On 2007-01-03 02:30:28, dr.walrus wrote:
What makes Mac users think they are so special and/or so hard done by? How come you complain about having an incompatible operating system when anyone who has ever owned a Mac is aware that they will have a much harder time finding compatible software?

Jesus. It's pretty obvious isn't it? I despise Microsoft, their big buggy platforms and their sloppy, sluggish software development programs that generate the most disgustingly bloated software I've ever seen, while meanwhile operating on the edge of legality in terms of monopolising the market. But that's the market position now. Less than 10% of the market is Macintosh. Here, it's more like 4%. You are NOT being shortchanged as a consumer!

Get over it.

First off when you speak about market adoption/market share of a platform please be specific to the market. Last qtr, during the Macworld event Apple had numbers from an investment firm stating that market share for the US went UP to 5%. I forget the firm so I cannot confirm, I'm sorry for that.

Two > BOTH of you are wrong.

Since the first inception of Mac OS 10 well 10.2.7 iSync support SE phones (T616 up to the P910) over BT for FULL sync! do a search on Apple.com for phones supported and you'll see (full sync I may be wrong but almost complete sync). S60 2nd Edition phones ALMOST ALL where from the Ngage to the 6620 to the N90! those had FULL sync abilities including pictures - ones user specified. Linux Desktop OS or even Unix doesnt have 5% of the US marketshare. Remember Linux & UNIX are mostly 80% worldwide used in a server environment for business as apposed to desktop by the end user. Rememeber the MacWorld with SE & Apple & Cingular annoucing sync abilities?!

MS was already proven an illegal monopoly but we all know how many US states backed down like chickens (after getting on MS secret private payroll) and they didnt even do anything except a "small" (by M$ coffers size) fine. Breaking up the country was small talk for wait till stock drops 40% and BUY NOW!

Its a pain but there are xml or plist file workarounds that can resolve the issue to a bareable minimum.
dr.walrus
J200
PM
Posted: 2007-01-03 04:11
Quote:

On 2007-01-03 03:56:35, Prom1 wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-03 02:30:28, dr.walrus wrote:

Get over it.

First off when you speak about market adoption/market share of a platform please be specific to the market. Last qtr, during the Macworld event Apple had numbers from an investment firm stating that market share for the US went UP to 5%. I forget the firm so I cannot confirm, I'm sorry for that.

Two > BOTH of you are wrong.

Since the first inception of Mac OS 10 well 10.2.7 iSync support SE phones (T616 up to the P910) over BT for FULL sync! do a search on Apple.com for phones supported and you'll see (full sync I may be wrong but almost complete sync). S60 2nd Edition phones ALMOST ALL where from the Ngage to the 6620 to the N90! those had FULL sync abilities including pictures - ones user specified. Linux Desktop OS or even Unix doesnt have 5% of the US marketshare. Remember Linux & UNIX are mostly 80% worldwide used in a server environment for business as apposed to desktop by the end user. Rememeber the MacWorld with SE & Apple & Cingular annoucing sync abilities?!

MS was already proven an illegal monopoly but we all know how many US states backed down like chickens (after getting on MS secret private payroll) and they didnt even do anything except a "small" (by M$ coffers size) fine. Breaking up the country was small talk for wait till stock drops 40% and BUY NOW!

Its a pain but there are xml or plist file workarounds that can resolve the issue to a bareable minimum.

Erm, where was I wrong? SE do not provide a support channel for Isync. Mac do.

The market I was citing was NZ, desktop. Never seen anyone complaining they couldn't attach their W550i to their Unix server, even if they wanted to.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-01-03 12:49
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3168733759916419298

is this the daddy?

fatreg
ayejatt
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-01-03 14:12
the background song is the answer
bravofly
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-01-03 14:36
Yep, the background song says it all Personally I donīt believe it until I see one myself.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-03 15:59
@dr.walrus

I think you have missed one very small but important point SE stated in their white paper for the P990 support for isync then just didn't do it a bit like the now fabled BST34 battery that became a typo.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-01-03 15:00 ]
dr.walrus
J200
PM
Posted: 2007-01-04 01:53
Quote:

On 2007-01-03 15:59:46, Dogmann wrote:
@dr.walrus

I think you have missed one very small but important point SE stated in their white paper for the P990 support for isync then just didn't do it a bit like the now fabled BST34 battery that became a typo.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-01-03 15:00 ]

Ok.

What you're failing to understand here is my use of the word 'support', ok? There is built-in support, ie. 'the HBH-610 supports bluetooth standard x.xx' and there is customer support 'how do i sync my M600i with lotus notes?'. Even if a Sony Ericsson phone works correctly using a piece of third-party software, eg isync, they won't help you do it, because, as I've previously stated, they don't have a support channel for it.

As per the apparent support in an early white paper, I don't see how that's relevant. That could be after a discussion where Apple withdrew support for this device from their own software, or the phone has issues with how Isync works... at the end of the day, you buy a Mac, you don't expect everyone to write software for it. I mean, you win some, you lose some, and if you can't use your phone with your Mac, then, oh well.

There are a heap of Unix users out there. They don't even have Isync to use with their SE phones. Any Unix users here complaining? Oh, that's right, they actually tend to have some knowledge of computers and the industry and they aren't whiny little bitches like Mac users.
JiggyJaggy
P800
PM
Posted: 2007-01-04 09:35
Why what was the background music all about?
UK's only deidcated online Vertu Sales
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 18:55
The iphone they are showing is ugly! Must be a mockup. New user interface too.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 18:58
OMG its really the best phone ever!
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com[....]com/media/2007/01/dsc_0181.jpg
spikeyjac
W890 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 19:02
i think i might be selling my n73 and getting me one of these:-)
feedback
(+10 -0)

fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 19:04
more pics

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

fatreg
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 19:05
Best looking UIs I ever seen. Everything I wanted from the P990.
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-09 19:09
my ipod looks really old next to this, and i don't want to talk about my phone...

it would be hard for me to buy an iphone ... my 30GB ipod is only one year old...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic