Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > iPhone leaks! The best phone ever ) !

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author iPhone leaks! The best phone ever ) !
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 06:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What would be the point of shutting out 95% of the market by restricting it to Macs? Microsoft can restrict it to Windows purely because it wouldn't make much difference.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 06:57
Quote:

On 2006-10-21 22:46:47, SloopJohnB wrote:
I´m sure it will work with windows too, like the ipod. It doesnt make much sense to restrain its market to mac users. Perhaps it wont work with windonws like it will do with mac os x. The article says it will be able to sync with ical, calc, probably adress book too and etc, which are mac os x apps. However, itunes is expanding its features so o dont know what extras it may bring (contacts, mails and etc) for both windowns and mac users.

I guess you guys forgot that when the iPod came out it was a Mac only device. I am sure that Stevie-boy would like nothing more than to poke a big fat hole in Billy G's Zune. I don't care how much they cost, I'm getting one.

As for SE, I am putting my M600i up on ebay. SE has demonstrated time and time again that they are not really concerned about their customers or their opinion and for sure they could not care about Mac users. For the time being I will head on over to Blokia and get either a E61, or E70. I have tried to be patient but I truly hope SE takes a nose dive and becomes an also ran.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 08:32
I know the first ipod was a mac-only device, however things are different nowadays, its another cenario. Everybody knows the ipod now and a bigger number of people knows apple and more people own macs or other apple products. The mac market grew 32% this year so far. The first months of the ipod were a test. Probably the first months of the iphone will also be a test but surely many pc users will want to buy it when it comes out, thats why it would be a big restrain on provits to make it mac-only. Its a big opportunity to cash on the fame apple´s built with handheld devices and also crush zune, which is not a strong competitor to the current ipod and even less to the iphone which will have many other features, including a phone hehehe.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-22 09:00
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 06:35:48, shaliron wrote:
What would be the point of shutting out 95% of the market by restricting it to Macs? Microsoft can restrict it to Windows purely because it wouldn't make much difference.

As stated above, the iPod was MAC only for its 1st 9 Months. Then after 3rd party software, non supported by Apple made it PC compatible but you had to buy the PC only iPod! Shortly there after Apple bought that company and made the iPod universal. Currently the iPod when used on a Mac STILL offers more features than it does on the WinPC machine, I dont see ppl complaining about that.

> This iPod phone has been a rumor for over 6 years, ever since the T610 debuted. Its getting LONG - OverDue and winded. I dont think with all its rumored, or analyst predictions (nobody gets inside scoop on NEW Apple products, NoBody - ThinkSecret is the closest and even with the iPod they didnt pin it all down. iTunes was a complete surprise to everyone. However, with all the hype its gotta live up to, it better give me th worlds biggest Hood-Wash (thats B.J. to those that dont know) I've EVER had.

Seriously though. I worry about Apple making a multifunction device other than a computer. iPod still is mostly an MP3 player, any other functions - other than being a HDD - is secondary and does NOT destroy any of its functions or synhronization. Every other kind of device that Apple made other than a computer failed. Let's take a look at the list shall we?

1. Digital Camera (way too early, HP wasnt even in the game).
2. N-DO or whatever it was called (Gaming sytem - CollecoVision era Nintendo & Sega were king Atari was dying).
3. Image Writer Printers (too Legacy only for Apple computers).
4. Lets us NOT forget the NEWTON. just simply too heavy & WAY TOO BIG! Powerful though it was WAY ahead of its time. Its spirit lives on though in Mac OS X. Next time you drag an icon out of the dock and you see that PUFF animation .... you guessed it. It debuted on that NEWTON!

Now dont get me wrong I love Apple's perfection, simplicity of complex technologies and features & design. I'm actually going to be switching almost full (80% - I do tech support for WinXP & 3270 MainFrame Shells) over but I worry that this iPhone (Kill that name I pray) although rumored to be feature laden will NOT live up to its hype.

Well we'll all see, wont we?!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 10:31
I share the same concern. Its kinda hard to guess all the features the new iphone will have and plus where it will fit in the market and with the other ipods. And not only that but will it be that great? The last apple conference was already a big disappointment except for the iTV. Apple has made many patents this year but will they be used on the ipod or iphone? Thats why many people think thereis gonna be more than one iphone, perhaps 2, 3 exploring different markets. It makes more sense, however its a big investment for apple and it may harm the ipod sales. Will the ipod become a phone? Or become something more than media device?
There too many rumors and questions for now. However, the iphone seems real and some features have been commented by several websites like 3mpx cam, wi -fi, smartphone, touchscreen, sync and etc. So i´m starting to believe its real.
Since is not offering anything interesting right now or in the near future and i havent changed my w800 yet it seems that an iphone will be my next phone. Like said before, well just have to wait and see.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 12:10
Not only is SE becoming boring with their offerings, they simply ignore a segment of customers dying for support, i.e. the Mac world. Those of us that have made the stupid and costly move to the new Symbian phones are dead in the water. The new phones no longer support the USB Mass Storage profile, there is no way to sync the phone to a Mac natively and to top it off, SE says its all Apples fault as Apple should supply the drivers and syncing solution. However, SE forgot to mention that they stopped supporting SyncML over BT or even IR, and now support it only over HTTP. No one uses this method anymore. There are a chorus of M600i and P990i users that are dumping their phones onto ebay and going to Nokia to get the support they need. SE shot itself in the foot over this and I truly hope this new iPhone (whatever it will be called) buries SE. They brought it on themselves.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
larunos
K700
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 17:47

if you pay close attention to the right hand column of the picture, it states that apple makes great computers. sony ericsson makes great mobile phones - phones that have set the standard.......

which means this is the real thing!!

[ This Message was edited by: larunos on 2006-10-22 16:49 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 17:57
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 17:47:43, larunos wrote:

if you pay close attention to the right hand column of the picture, it states that apple makes great computers. sony ericsson makes great mobile phones - phones that have set the standard.......

Dude, this is not real. Didn't you know this?

SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 20:34
That phone is just SO ugly
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 22:05
because it's just an ugly photochop.
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-23 05:03
The only real standards SE have set is in phone os crashings (P990i) I hope the iPhone is real and is coming real soon. Greetings from South Africa. Mario.

This message was posted from a N70-1
mik_tobre
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-23 05:18
that fone is so ugly... if that is the iphone, i wont have any interest on it..that keypad is the same with the se t610!!!!
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2006-10-23 05:39
i loved it !! it looks like t610 but hey i still love t610 so..do i liked the photoshop of iphone..!!
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-23 05:41
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 17:47:43, larunos wrote:

Problem is with this photoshop, it borrows from the SE Apple and Cingular announcement of iSync! Its an introduction to iSync. Those Apple icons havent been used - seperately - since 2004. iCal, AddressBook are combined not seperate entities any longer.

Take a look straight from the OS X sight for the new Tiger OS.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/ical.html

Well unless you dig with Apple's site search engine. Funny thing is SE phones, setting the standard, funny our they DONT support Address Book, something Apple would want to fix FIRST before working with SE on their OWN phone. I've heard rumors of Apple & RIM working together for a phone, that didnt pan out even against analysts predictions.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

iphone will NOT be a remade T610 no matter how much Apple could save on Manufacturing costs. Please dont insult Apple's design engineers, they can do MUCH butter than that.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
aragorn666
J300
PM
Posted: 2006-10-23 08:37
it wil be one of the coolest gadgets
O seeker ! KNOW wHAt YoU SeeK AnD tHEn SeeK.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic