Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Walkman Phones v/s iPod Video

Author Walkman Phones v/s iPod Video
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 19:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
but will u listen to all the songs that's my point. by the time u listen to half of it the other half would be old already. then dont u have to go change the songs again? but with walkman u will have your favourite ones and the ones u want to listen in there. then change it when u get bored of it.

One word = playlist.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 20:31
I think I know who's buying the new 120 GB iPod!!!!!!!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 20:43
Quote:

On 2006-10-17 20:31:06, egrus wrote:

Make that 2.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
jack77777
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 21:34
Quote:

On 2006-10-17 19:18:27, sapporobaby wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-17 18:38:27, jack77777 wrote:
lol , i think the only thing we can do to make this fair is to buy both

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

A man after my own heart.

lol gr8 minds think alike lol

i want an ipod but want one that is smaller but more thicker that would be kool , im just worried about it snappin or screen gettin cracked lol
15% online - Sony Ericsson - "4 lyf"
Hlcn Twst
K790
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-17 21:39
Quote:

On 2006-10-17 20:43:33, sapporobaby wrote:
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2006-10-17 20:31:06, egrus wrote:
</BLOCKQUOTE></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

Make that 2.

Me 3

If they'd only make a 200 GB model, I wouldn't even need to use the AAC format. Apple Lossless all the way
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-17 21:41
@ Sapporobaby

I was just kidding, I don't know what Apple has up its sleeve and frankly I don't care. I am just curious, that's why I am here, and also try to stay informed about technology in general. I had an iPod, I still have an iRiver but lost interest in dedicated media players the moment I received a K750 as a present from my brother a few months ago. As it's a small wonder I felt that it covers my needs 100%. I have my iRiver H320 on the market for sale and got responses but people don't like customizing, they just want their bread and butter and iRiver isn't! As I mentioned before the new Rockbox firmware boosts its capabilities tenfold so they shy away. I still feel that some companies just make products that aren't user tweakable and that's a shame. How much better it is to have a cell that functions a little (or a lot) different than somebody elses. It becomes a personal statement when everything is so homogenized! More or less like your passport. Your own picture, your own identity! I would never buy a hypothetical 120 GB iPod as I don't really think it serves its true purpose which is fun! I would always be in turmoil not to lose it or have it stolen. Other than that, I found out that a 4GB MSDP sells for $85 plus 6.25 macaroons for shipping and I am getting one...or two. And according to my mood I can take any music I like with me and leave all I get bored of at home That's all I need and it fits in my pocket!

For .acc formatting and the ability of the K750 to play them go to
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=94061

[ This Message was edited by: egrus on 2006-10-17 21:01 ]
marktang
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 01:35
hahah so u agree that u dont need that much space since some of the songs u dont listen to.
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 01:56
Ditto Marktang, my point is that the 80GB model is overkill, so is the 30. As I said it's easier and more ergonomic to carry a couple of extra 4GB cards than having a s**tload of music that will take forever to listen to and by the time you get into it...it's old! Not that old is not good but give me one reason why being totally practical and listening only to the best stuff isn't a big plus! Along with all the rest of the features of a walkman phone that can drag you away from boredom. You see, even sending an SMS can be more fun when your ears get tired of the otherwise good sound of the iPod. With the iPod you can't take pics and you can't capture the moment and share it. That's the fun factor I love about SE phones and sharing is very important to me and my friends and family. It all fits in one pocket, no extra devices required. Bar none!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 02:03
@ergus and marktang,

Apples and oranges gents. I love me dedicated music player and I love my Nikon D80. I have a k800i I knock around with but for the most part it sits on my desk or in my pocket switched off. I use a M600i for daily stuff as it better suits my needs. If I want a camera for fun, I may bring out the k800i but as I said, I have all my videos, music, Mac OS X, all loaded on my iPod and there is no way any phone can do all of this.

egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 02:31
Sapporobaby the point isn't on how much you have or you have not, or how many phones you have or not, it's how fun life is when you use technology wisely. You have to carry all of the stuff you mentioned otherwise you can't survive with one alone and that's my point!
Walkman phones = fun. If you are a photographer get your dedicated camera in a bag, stuff your iPod too in case you don't get inspired to take pics, AND your phone to boot, so you can stay in touch with the world. That's my point, all fun-one device! Also read any topic on miniaturization. Haven't you seen on the 21st century things getting smaller and smaller and more multifunctional, thus the walkman phones? Maybe if we send you in the dessert for months then you might need to get your iPod, but also get some extra batteries with you and start unscrewing (just to touch that subject too). Also, get your camera and your cell too. Oh, you will need a big bag for all, no place for your toothbrush You can tell I love living now, when the iPod came out it was cool, but not anymore as people are seriously overpaying for a gadget that will be obsolete sooner or later and then they will want the terrabyte iPod(!). It's the obsession with SIZE!I hope the new iPhonePod or whatever the heck they call it will come out and prove me wrong!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 02:44
@ergus,

You seem to not understand that there is a place for both devices. Just because you like the Swiss Army Knife approach, some could not care less. The camera's on the phones are not good enough for me but they are okay in a pinch. I forgot to mention that I use the k800i and the HBH-DS970 when I want to go running or some type of sport training, but as an everyday phone, the M600i is the better choice. I like the fact that I can bring a few gigs worth of family videos, TV series, and movies, not to mention music with me. No phone can match this currently and until they break the 50 gig mark with flash memory, phones will always be in a niche market when compared to dedicated media players.

As I said you are mixing apples and oranges. You can not compare a mobile phone and a dedicated media player. With this logic, you can say that the iPod loses because it does not have a phone.

egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 02:54
"You can not compare a mobile phone and a dedicated media player. With this logic, you can say that the iPod loses because it does not have a phone."

Exactly!
marktang
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 05:28
well the walkman phone is a dedicated mp3 player too. its just dont make sense to carry such a large volume of songs when u dont even listen to it all. its like if a person likes reading books he's not going to bring the whole library of books with him so he can have choices, he'll bring his favourite one or one that he hasnt read yet. and y would u want to carry some many devices when there's an all in one device that does a better job.

[ This Message was edited by: marktang on 2006-10-18 06:20 ]
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 06:03
Well said Marktang - that's a nice comparison. I'm so glad you got my point - and the phone's sound is perfectly comparable to the iPod's. I hope that everyone can understand that and move on - the phones are entertainment systems all in one and they do more than a descent job
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 07:31
Quote:

On 2006-10-18 05:28:28, marktang wrote:
well the walkman phone is a dedicated mp3 player too. its just dont make sense to carry such a large volume of songs when u dont even listen to it all. its like if a person likes reading books he's not going to the whole library of books with him so he can have choices, he'll bring his favourite one or one that he hasnt read yet. and y would u want to carry some many devices when there's an all in one device that does a better job.

Now you are talking portability. In this case the iPod (or any other dedicated music device) wins hands down. I have about 60 audio books that I use as reference material or as entertainment. The thing about your argument is that you claim to speak for the masses while I speak for the people such as myself that are quite comfortbable with both devices. In my opinion you are willing to settle for less while I am not. A 3.2 megapixel camera is not my idea of adequate. It is something to use in a pinch. Comparable to the fat girl at closing time. Not your first choice but better than nothing when nothing else is available. I like having my entire music library with me as I travel from country to country. Try traveling with 3000 CD's.

At the end of the day it all comes down to choices. People choose what works for them.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic