Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 Orange Release Date ?

Author P990 Orange Release Date ?
alan.jenney
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 17:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
http://www.handango.com/servl[....]?s=1207&p=195359&secw=2bf51c28

There is a FREE version called "Swiss Manager for UIQ 3" rather than the £19 "Swiss Manager Pro for UIQ 3".

Worth is just for the extra tools.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 20:05
@alan.jenney

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what you could do before with UIQ2 you will not be able to with UIQ3. The improved security and set up of these new units no longer allows user access to the needed files, even developers of previous file explorers are finding they can't get round the increased security but good luck and if you succeed you will be a very wealthy man.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
alan.jenney
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-19 22:32
@Dogmann,

My commentary was based on {pachy}'s posting that he was able to get R7A001 onto an Orange P990i, to which {hillmiester} had asked how it was done; elsewhere the question had been asked what 'sman' was. However, this has increased my interest...

Using Swiss Manager on my P990i, I can see into the 'Z:RomDrive' and in the '\Resource\activitymenu' folder there is a folder entitled 'customisations' and a file 'zamfwk.rsc'. In the 'customisations' folder are subfolders called 'semc_default' and 'zamho_01'.

The file 'zamfwk.rsc' contains references to files in the 'zamho_01' folder and some restrictions.

The 'semc_default' folder contains Sony Ericsson resources. The 'zamho_01' folder contains Orange resources.

Now I'm guessing that a non-Orange P990i may have different content in this folder, such as a '.rsc' file pointing to the 'semc_default' folder or similar. It's a matter of working out what to change. Any volunteers to compare?

---

Having removed the Orange customisation from my P910i, it will probably surprise some people that from my point of view, I may stick with the "Orange Activity Menu" on my P990i!

[ This Message was edited by: alan.jenney on 2006-11-19 21:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alan.jenney on 2006-11-19 21:41 ]
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-11-20 20:17
@hillmiester
@alan.jenney

Sorry guys my post was not clear, i meant my £200 Orange P990 off ebay came with R7A001 & for clean usage i installed sman,

the seller sold arround 20 units over 3 days under various usernames & me thinks they were customer returns that were reflashed & passed to this guy to sell on behalf of Orange, they were £200 "buy iit now" & came Next working day, they must have come to him CHEAP, lots of people assume they were Hot but some (like me) took the risk.

Obviously with hindsight i should have bought all of them, but the auctions were over in a few hours.
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
shez
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-12-05 23:06
Quote:

On 2006-11-19 22:32:55, alan.jenney wrote:
@Dogmann,

My commentary was based on {pachy}'s posting that he was able to get R7A001 onto an Orange P990i, to which {hillmiester} had asked how it was done; elsewhere the question had been asked what 'sman' was. However, this has increased my interest...

Using Swiss Manager on my P990i, I can see into the 'Z:RomDrive' and in the 'Resourceactivitymenu' folder there is a folder entitled 'customisations' and a file 'zamfwk.rsc'. In the 'customisations' folder are subfolders called 'semc_default' and 'zamho_01'.

The file 'zamfwk.rsc' contains references to files in the 'zamho_01' folder and some restrictions.

The 'semc_default' folder contains Sony Ericsson resources. The 'zamho_01' folder contains Orange resources.

Now I'm guessing that a non-Orange P990i may have different content in this folder, such as a '.rsc' file pointing to the 'semc_default' folder or similar. It's a matter of working out what to change. Any volunteers to compare?

---

Having removed the Orange customisation from my P910i, it will probably surprise some people that from my point of view, I may stick with the "Orange Activity Menu" on my P990i!

[ This Message was edited by: alan.jenney on 2006-11-19 21:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alan.jenney on 2006-11-19 21:41 ]

I agree with Alan, I have no real knowledge as to how to do these modifications, specially with no access to these file to modify them (you can just view through swiss manager), but if someone manage to do these steps and post them, I would also stick to the Orange Activity Menu (the looks / icons are terrible, but features are great!)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic