Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 Orange Release Date ?

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Author P990 Orange Release Date ?
Mr[NiK]
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 12:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ive seen may threads about the release of the P990 on other networks and ive been trawling through them all just to find any info on its release date on Orange. So i thought lets have a single thread on it and please post any Orange info you have in here !!!

Current state of play with Orange after a 10 min call with them is that the info you get on their website is the same info that they Orange upgrades team get. Although it says september release i have a feeling it will be october now if not november !!

I am really peeved with this as ive got myself an 18 month contract and signed up for thier internet (12 months) so i'm locked into them and just have to wait. So come on all you Orange users please use this post to get all the info on the release of this phone in one place !

[ This Message was edited by: Mr[NiK] on 2006-10-02 11:51 ]
Mr[NiK]
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 13:51
come on people im sure one of you out there works for orange give us the info that we need !!! [addsig]
vincebio
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 14:04
ive been due an upgrade since dec05, but chose to wait as i was very happy with my p910i. There was a lot of evidence pointing towards a march released date for the 990 anyway.....HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA

now its October, and orange are saying it could be anytime in the next 6 weeks. they also told me that in June and April of this year.

The stark truth is that apart from the W900i which Orange have never supported, there is just no other phone's out there that remotely interest me.

So im having to wait and wait and wait for the bloody P990i.

I had a shot of a Vodafone handset last week in store, and i must say i wasnt inpressed at all....the Software was as slow as a week in prison.

Reading thru the main 990 discussion though, it seems that a good workaround for the speed issues relating to it have been sorted, and im sure SE will be upgrading the Firmware pretty quickly as there are thousands of complaints.

Apple are releasing an iPhone at Macworld 2007 in January......anyone care to take a bet on wheather orange will have released the p990i by then?

didnt think so.....

Mr[NiK]
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 14:15
Quote:

On 2006-10-02 14:04:11, vincebio wrote:
ive been due an upgrade since dec05, but chose to wait as i was very happy with my p910i. There was a lot of evidence pointing towards a march released date for the 990 anyway.....HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA

now its October, and orange are saying it could be anytime in the next 6 weeks. they also told me that in June and April of this year.

The stark truth is that apart from the W900i which Orange have never supported, there is just no other phone's out there that remotely interest me.

So im having to wait and wait and wait for the bloody P990i.

I had a shot of a Vodafone handset last week in store, and i must say i wasnt inpressed at all....the Software was as slow as a week in prison.

Reading thru the main 990 discussion though, it seems that a good workaround for the speed issues relating to it have been sorted, and im sure SE will be upgrading the Firmware pretty quickly as there are thousands of complaints.

Apple are releasing an iPhone at Macworld 2007 in January......anyone care to take a bet on wheather orange will have released the p990i by then?

didnt think so.....

i think its been much the same for many other orange customers ! voice your opinions now !!1 who else is waiting on orange to release htis phone and what excuses have u heard from them so far!! all i get is that orange are still testing the phone etc !!!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr[NiK] on 2006-10-02 13:16 ]
whentheleveebreaks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 14:40
I phoned up on friday, they wouldnt give me any info as to when it'll be released. If they butcher it with rubbish branding i wont get it and i'll wait to see if the rumoured iPhone comes out. If it had come out 6 months ago i defintiely would have bought it without hessitation, now im not so sure.
Posted from an iPhone
vincebio
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 15:10
Quote:

On 2006-10-02 14:40:21, whentheleveebreaks wrote:
I phoned up on friday, they wouldnt give me any info as to when it'll be released. If they butcher it with rubbish branding i wont get it and i'll wait to see if the rumoured iPhone comes out. If it had come out 6 months ago i defintiely would have bought it without hessitation, now im not so sure.

yeah me too....although the iPhone may not be much of a smartphone, at least it will be properly hooked up to iCal, Address Book, iTunes and iChat etc.

i must say the Vodafone version was NOT branded much at all...
scormie
W595 Grey
PM
Posted: 2006-10-02 15:18
Quote:

whentheleveebreaks wrote:
.... If they butcher it with rubbish branding ...

You can bet on it!

One of the reasons the phone is being delayed on Orange is because they'll be working on their crappy generic smartphone interface for it.

My P910i from Orange would have been ruined if it hadn't been for the fact that I was able to override Orange's interface with the Sony Ericsson Desktop (courtesy of a tip on this very forum). Perhaps there'll be a similar workaround for the mess Orange will no doubt make of the P990, but I won't be taking any chances.... If I do decide to get a P990 (and the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned), it'll have to be an unlocked, unbranded one.
Mr[NiK]
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 15:48
Quote:

On 2006-10-02 15:18:30, scormie wrote:
Quote:

You can bet on it!

One of the reasons the phone is being delayed on Orange is because they'll be working on their crappy generic smartphone interface for it.

My P910i from Orange would have been ruined if it hadn't been for the fact that I was able to override Orange's interface with the Sony Ericsson Desktop (courtesy of a tip on this very forum). Perhaps there'll be a similar workaround for the mess Orange will no doubt make of the P990, but I won't be taking any chances.... If I do decide to get a P990 (and the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned), it'll have to be an unlocked, unbranded one.

Only reason that i got to go with then is that im tied in by my internet deal and its gonna be a free phone !!! [addsig]
vincebio
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 15:59
Quote:

On 2006-10-02 15:18:30, scormie wrote:
Quote:

You can bet on it!

if you could PM me with details about that and how i go about overriding this p910i i would be very grateful!
eskimo
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-02 16:37
I have recently received a N80 from orange and it does not have any of there crap software on it.

My n70 did, but that was last October.

I too am interested to see what a mess Orange will make of the phone and as a result I'm thinking of going with o2 as they appear to leave the phones alone.

My girlfriend has a k800 and it has no operator software, also my orange sim cards work in it.
mlittle
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 19:19
When I called Orange on Friday, they said 'start to mid October' or else November. So, it's anyone's guess, really...
vincebio
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-02 20:23
Quote:

On 2006-10-02 19:19:27, mlittle wrote:
they said 'start to mid October' or else November

thats a classic.....

they would have been as well telling to feck off...at least you would know where you stood
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-02 21:38
An orange assistant told me last week that the handset had passed the final testing stage and its SE that are continuing to hold things up.

Spoke to orange today and they did'nt seem to have a clue!!!!!!!
LET GO ... AND LET GOD
noahweigh
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-02 22:44
to be honest half the orange customer service staff don't know their a*ses from their elbows, and the other half don't care because they're being made redundant!

They have no firm launch date for the P990, the first they'll know is the day after it launched when they get a briefing!

You'd be better off taking something else instead of the P990 for your upgrade, flogging it on ebay and using the cash to buy a generic P990 - with none of the Orange garbage on it!

Rant over
agf412
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-10-02 23:15
I'm leaving Orange after nearly 6 years & moving to O2 as I'm sick of having to go in the garden to make a call due to no signal, their crap deals £30 for 200 xnetwork mins & no texts, the crap they load on your phone. I doubt you will get the phone for free unless you are on a £50 plus tariff, I paid £50 for my P910 & £105 for my SPV M5000 after being put through to retentions as they wanted to screw me for £250 each phone when it came to upgrade even though I spend £39 a month with them. Roll on Feb 2007

[ This Message was edited by: agf412 on 2006-10-02 22:23 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic