Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K800 or N73

Author K800 or N73
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-21 10:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
the guy originally posted in 2006!! I'm sure he's moved on to better things by now.
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-09-21 10:28
Yeah, but the discussion is still going here... AHahaha
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
lazeeboy
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2008-09-21 19:16
can't see what's all the fuss about in using a phone as a divx/video player. more of a novelty for me. it'll only drain your battery much faster. and, quite frankly, i've never enjoyed watching videos on a tiny screen(except maybe for some short adult content ). if i wanna watch a movie i'll use a big-screen tv or my laptop.

a better feature would be a tv/video out to connect it to a tv/monitor.
A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-22 02:36
I watch video a fair bit, and on a small screen quality is still important. Sure I don't regularly watch feature movies - but I do watch tv episodes quite often - usually while sitting bored on the train or at a station, or when waiting for someone. Certainly if I'm at home I rarely use the phone for video

btw, neither K800 nor N73 have tv out anyway.
lazeeboy
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2008-09-22 11:09
I guess it's to each his own here. Use my phone more as a music player and camera rather than a video player. And i'm also too lazy to convert videos to 3gp or mp4.
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-22 11:19

On 2008-09-22 11:09:31, lazeeboy wrote:
. And i'm also too lazy to convert videos to 3gp or mp4.

Thats where a smartphone comes in
lazeeboy
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2008-09-22 13:30
Even if my phone was a smartphone i still wouldn't watch my movies or tv series with it, as i've explained earlier.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-22 17:40
I reckon dlna will bring about a revolution in the way people view stuff.

Imagine if tv's and dvd players end up with dlna built in? The whole question of TV OUT becomes mute.

Why bother with cable if you can do it wirelessly. My brother in law has a N95 and he used the tv out once, was blown out by it, then never used it again. See it needs a CABLE and that involves EFFORT. It also involves obsessively carrying your cable around with you just in case you want to display your treasured photos or videos on a big screen somewhere other than at home.

99% of people simply won't bother. For the same reason that clip on fm transmitters only ever appeal to a select few. It's an extra piece of equipment to worry about. You can be sure when you need it is the time you didn't bother taking it with you

Another example is A2DP. Since I've put a BT A2DP stereo in my car, I use my phone for music far more often than I did when I had to plug in cables. Infact my phone will start playing music as soon as I turn the stereo on. I don't even have to take it out of my pocket.

I'm far more interested in dlna than tv out tbh.

lazeeboy
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2008-09-22 22:15

On 2008-09-22 17:40:10, max_wedge wrote:
Another example is A2DP. Since I've put a BT A2DP stereo in my car, I use my phone for music far more often than I did when I had to plug in cables. Infact my phone will start playing music as soon as I turn the stereo on. I don't even have to take it out of my pocket.

love the A2DP feature too. i'm quite surprised it works better with my K800i. used to have W660. although the latter had obviously better music-playing features, music would often be cut off whenever i use my BT stereo headset and i place the phone in my pocket. i rarely experience that now.
A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi