Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Bored with SE especially the P990i.

Previous  1234  Next
Author Bored with SE especially the P990i.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 15:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
k800 (k750 sucessor) has been a sucess a of sales, so i really donīt know what you mean. W810 also has had a great sucess
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
scroitoru
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 17:06
What I don't understand is ppl coming to the SE forums and telling us that the Nokia rocks (N93). I never went on any Nokia forums. why should I?!
So you all that have Nokias, why do you "bother" and read the SE forums? Is it envy?! Is it that you are not satisifed with your Nokia?!?!?!? Give me a break. Boo Hoo Nokia. [addsig]
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 19:31
i've been around these forums for a while an i know everytime someone posts somethin about a phone OTHER than SE they get flamed...

The N93 output to TV is nice... dont see the P990i doing that?

Its camera is technically superior.... Proper lens, better quality AND a mechanical shutter which makes it much better at capturing shots (but as i said i dont care bout camera quality)

N93 and other 3rd Ed phones have much more software available for them...

And finally the pure fact that i aint a 'fanboy' i thought forums where places people can air their thoughts about certain subjects but it looks like u SE fanboys wont allow ne1 else to have their say without panickin an flamin as much as u all have...

oh an i did do a lot of searching for software for the P990i and whilst there is some apps there just isnt the variety of software that the N93 has at the current time...

J.
agf412
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 20:17
Have you ever thought the phone has been hampered by your beloved network provider Vodaphone (clues in your name) completely f**king up the functionality of the phone. I will never go on Vodaphone because of how much the mess with the firmware
skruttet
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 20:41
I would never touch a phone where the phone company have tampered with the firmware, never !
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-21 20:43
Go easy on Voda_Jon, nothing wrong with him wanting to swap to a Nokia phone, after all we all want a phone that suits our needs, whether that's an SE one or a Nokia or whatever it is.

Flaming him because he doesn't like the P990i is a little immature, and likely to drive him away. having a debate about it fine, but having a go at him for using a Nokia? I'm currently using a Nokia 6600 instead of my main W810i (but no plans to sell it yet!). Does that make me 'evil'?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

darky
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 20:50
yes sammy boy you must burn at the stake you're obviously a heretic

it's sad that s.e. fanboys flame everyone who states something bad about a s.e. phone, sure this is a s.e. forum but it does have other manufacturers and we all have our opinions, I'm tired of immature people calling other people stupid or liars and defending s.e. phones like they were divine, keep it civil hippies
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 21:38
but the p990 has a bigger screen and a qwerty keypad

the n93 camera is the weakest out of all the new 3.2. but does have amazing video.

memory stick duo pros are just as cheap now and go up to 4 gig

wifi with a touchscreen and full qwerty is a lot better then the n93..

opera browser is just as powerful and just as much support

apps i have on my e61 and the p990 counterpart if available it's not as bad as you make it.. and UIQ can support a lot of the 3rd party apps in s60 out of the box.

best task manager ----swiss manager
agile messsenger ---- agile messeneger
worldmate ----worldmate
ybrowser ---- nothing yet i think
best calc ---- plenty of java variants
handy expense ---- handy day
dictionary ----dictionary
office/pdf ---- built in support
splashphoto ---- no third party app yet
podscasting ---- haven't seen this yet either
opera ---- built in
internet radio ----p990has radio
antivirus --- antiviurs
screenshot --- autocam
fscaller --- built in
oggplay --- not available yet
mobireader --- mobireader

also there is a enoromous amount of java applications that will work on both phones...

having used the n93 myself i think it's a weak device that isn't very practical to use i rather use my e61 over both the n93 and p990i but would defeinielty take the p990i over the n93
JAGUY85
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-22 19:19
The P990 suffers from being released too late. The competition caught up and is surpassing it. Plus, SE should've gone for a more innovative design.

This message was posted from a WAP device
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-09-22 20:44
thats my main point is that its a phone that would of been amazin last year but this year it seems outdated and below par...

And to note the Voda branding on the P990i is a start up picture and a shut down picture and thats all... nothin else taken away from it.

If i didnt already know about the lovely flamers on esato i would of moved on to pastures new but i knew i was gonna get flamed to hell as anyone who mentions another company than SE always does lol.

J.
Guy H
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-22 21:02
Well I for one am well happy with my Voda P990i and I've had a P900 and P910 before it. Thing is on here people love to moan and they actually enjoy trying to make things fail/crash.

I'm not saying the phone is perfect but I bet most of those slating it and voda will stick with it.

PS voda CS is rubbish
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-22 21:12
Quote:

On 2006-09-22 20:44:49, voda_jon wrote:
thats my main point is that its a phone that would of been amazin last year but this year it seems outdated and below par...

And to note the Voda branding on the P990i is a start up picture and a shut down picture and thats all... nothin else taken away from it.

If i didnt already know about the lovely flamers on esato i would of moved on to pastures new but i knew i was gonna get flamed to hell as anyone who mentions another company than SE always does lol.

J.

the problem is you guys that keep complaining about se don't have your facts straight

the first major batch of s60's were annouced in oct 05

the p990 was announced in oct 05 (and even then everyone had already started to complain that it wasn't 801.11g and ONLY 2.0 cam)

the e61/e60/e70 etc. were launched in june/july 06

the p990i launched in aug 06

the n93 was annoucned in april 06 and launched pretty much right away because the s60 platform was already in mass production with n80, e61, e60 etc... etc...

in other words there was no way it was going to launch last year and you guys are dreaming if you thought it did.. you think se is that ahead in the tech gap? lol

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2006-09-22 20:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2006-09-22 20:17 ]
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-09-24 11:54
@dragoneye

The whole point i was tryin to get across is that the majority of manufacturers test features on their higher level handsets (like the P series or N Series for Nokia) as the type of person buying these handsets is generally very tech savvy...

Its a common ploy as if the feature has a weakness this group of people will find it and the company will fix it for a more mass market product... thus creating a good handset for everyone including some tech savvy people.

I consider the P990i to be a bit 'late' at coming to market as some Nokia handsets have had Wifi built in them as early as last march (Nokia 9500).

And plus a company shouldnt be announcing release dates if they know full well that they cant release the handset anywhere near the dates given... And i know the majority of delays was due to networks finding faults during testing phases and SE tryin to fix them for a semi faultless release...

I really really like SE phones i do, and i did wish the P990i would of lived upto the hype it gained but it just doesnt an the N93 does.

J.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-09-24 12:07
Quote:

On 2006-09-21 20:43:43, Sammy_boy wrote:
Go easy on Voda_Jon, nothing wrong with him wanting to swap to a Nokia phone, after all we all want a phone that suits our needs, whether that's an SE one or a Nokia or whatever it is.

Flaming him because he doesn't like the P990i is a little immature, and likely to drive him away. having a debate about it fine, but having a go at him for using a Nokia? I'm currently using a Nokia 6600 instead of my main W810i (but no plans to sell it yet!). Does that make me 'evil'?

U Just using the bigger screen to watch pron!!
scottyd
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-09-24 12:27
i love my p990i its like a reocuring them in the last few years of life

hopefully they will be a successor tht will at last be perfect though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi