Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K800i : Operation failed when opening app's and games

Previous  123  Next
Author K800i : Operation failed when opening app's and games
jadler
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-23 19:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Problem solved!

Did a reflash through Wotan, including upgrade of EROM, whatever that is. First started phone without SIM, turned it off, put SIM back, turned on. Now everything is back to normal.

My theory is that last time this happened to me, the M2 had a corrupt file system, problem solved by reinstalling programs. This time internal file system was corrupt, reflashing wrote a fresh file system, solving all problems at once (well, almost).
Johan Adler, Stockholm, Sweden
photo blog, K800i
=johan.adler
contact page
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-24 10:04
guys remember one thing.....its still in its early version of the firmware...

if u see in k750 early stages also..it had loads of problem...but now after months ...nearly 5-8 months..they have almost rectified problems....

now if u take the latest k750 firmware...its the best..

similrly,,,it will some months..not days....to have a perfect firmware....

just like service packs for XP

happ days
mrwoll
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-09-24 11:12
Had this same error for a while. What I did was just install another game from the "Other" folder. That seemed to start up alright (actually I think I may have overwritten a game instead of installing a brand new one).

So yeah after installing a game again all the others seemed to work, but there was definatly a period where none of my java apps or games would load.
gudgin
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-09-27 16:50
I'd just like to say the operation failed thing happened to me again and the above method worked

1) connect to pc
2) put app in "other" folder
3) run app, save wherever

all works

I reckon it could have happened because i was showing off the size of the memory stick. I had been listening to music, but paused it with the side button then removed the card and put it back in. However the music resumed at the exact point which was a little curious
sjz12345
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-24 13:29
I tried this method but it won't worked for me...
It just keep on displaying "operation failed" when i attempt to install, trying to accesing games and application...

Well, i do note that this problem is common for k800...
But the thing i curious is i am using a k610...Not k800...LoL...

How come i will have this problem?
But one think i do before i suffer with this problem is i put my friend's m2 card into my phone to transfer music and so on, and my friend is using k800...

So will there be any relationship?
It just exactly have this error after i use my friend's m2 card in my phone...

I had called Sony Ericsson's service center here in Malaysia but they keep telling me they need times to figure out what's happening...And will call me back....

Sadly, i still didin't get any response till now..
About 5 hours already...

Hope anybody here can help..

Thank you very much
JWM
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-24 13:50
@ sjz12345,

There is no relationship!

The problem of "Operation Failed" normally occurs due to improper disconnection of the phone from the computer (USB).

I have K800i and this happened to one time. I tried to update the firmware on SEUS. But the problem could not not be resolved.

I flashed it with WatanServer, and the the problem was resolved.

Try Watan!
sjz12345
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-29 15:36
Thanks for your suggestion/advice.
I did buy a credit form wotan and had downloaded my firmware but i am having 1 problem.
After i download the firmware completely, i will have this problem.
It keep on isplaying this error:

Main: FAILED
File will be deleted, fetch it again.
--FAILED--

I had ask for their help but still no response.
Anyone here can help me?
Tq
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-04-29 17:49
I just had this crup up on my K790i. I bought it online about a year ago so I'm SOL for support. I'm going to try to reflash with DaVinci Team as I've used them before and their support is outstanding.
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-04-30 16:13
I did the DaVinci Team re-flash and everything is back up and running. It took less than 13 minutes start to finish and cost 1 credit (€10 or $14).
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
sjz12345
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 07:41
will it be the problem of my internet connection?
As i am using wifi....
But i can connect to wotan to download file and so on la.
My only problem is get the error Main: Failed after i download the flash file...
skylineR35
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 07:51
@sjz12345

no that its not common for K610i.
Even my W550 experience same problem last year. and my friend K610i too.

its sonyericsson firmware bugs that cause that for sure (after i update no more). my friend's one could not be solved by SIMcard method, but luckily i can manage to trick it down and fix it myself...

hope everyone here can solve this sickening problem and... of course update to latest firmware to avoid problem persisting in the future

good luck
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 13:09
Quote:

On 2007-05-02 07:41:47, sjz12345 wrote:
will it be the problem of my internet connection?
As i am using wifi....
But i can connect to wotan to download file and so on la.
My only problem is get the error Main: Failed after i download the flash file...

It's common that some ISP has troubles with FTP transaction. The file corrupts when downloaded.
Joseph_bless
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-06 18:55
Hi all, I am really need help here too... i just get my K800 not long ago. as i install some java games. there is same thing happen on my phone which i cant open the games and application folder and show 'operation failed'. i went to the shop, they said need to pay for rm70 for flash the phone. i personally not decided to do that, because the shop seller not honest when i bought the phone from them. any one can help if u hv any idea?I willing to pay if u willing to give suggestion and the f/w? i cant wait to download from WOtan, coz need to go thru transaction which take long time.

my current version is
CXC1250214
R1ED001
Sony Ericsson.

can some one tell me how to analysis this? what's different with the latest f/w R1KG001? and what is CID52?
titaniumjack
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-23 16:00
had a similar problem, installed loads of games to phone, some games in game list had two entries, tried to delete them and got operation failed, updated firmware at sony website no change.

had a look around in phone memory. displayed hidden files and found a folder that contained info for the java games (sorry cant remember the name of it though it should be obvious as it wasn't there before)

BE WARNED you do this at your own risk and you may loose games that you will havwe to pay to download and install again !!!

i deleted all the files but you could probably just delete the duplicate entry file.

this let me then delete the files when using the phone.

and now no operation failed when trying to delete the game files.

i have two opinions

1 certain games when installed cause a fault as they are incompatible with the phone.

2 the phone can only handle a certain amount of game files before it clogs up and operation fails.
squidy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-05-28 04:32
I have this problem to.its happened last year when i was downloading games.i was try to delete one and it came up with operation failed and turned off my phone.I turned it back on and all the games have duplicated.I tried to run one and it came up with that message again.I now have 4 copys of all my games.im not to sure what happened but all the games stoped working and i couldn't delete them so i just left them.

But yesterday i was playing a game and it turn its self off.I turned it back on and now I cant get in to my games and application folders now.

please help its pissing me off!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi