Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Author New f/w for M600: CDA: R4C01
nokevin
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 00:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Marc, you said:

"If it can gain some speed and bluetooth gets better i can see myself using this more if not its a very good Music player and makes calls fine"

That sums it up, makes calls fine, so does an cheap Sagem V53 (Ģ45 brand new, boxed) very good music player, cheap MP3 player (14077 of them listed on Ebay starting at Ģ1.95)

So we've got €400 worth of crap when we could of just spent under Ģ50
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 10:32
@nokevin,

Your entire posts are nothing more than a piss and moan session. There is not perfect phone on the market. NONE. Bounce on over to Nokia and see where you end up. You are dealing with a pretty sophisticated piece of hardware that does many to most things very well. It has some BT issues that are more than likely the fault of the headset. I have the HBH-DS970, HBH-IV435, and the GV-(forgot the number), and the Plantronics 640. They all have their strengths and weak points. Hopefully SE will upgrade the BT firmware to allow better interoperability. Your constant moaning on and on about the phone being shi...te is now to the point of ad nausem annoying. If you can take it back and get your t610 antenna fixed.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
nokevin
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 14:42
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 10:32:43, sapporobaby wrote:
@nokevin,

Your entire posts are nothing more than a piss and moan session. There is not perfect phone on the market. NONE. Bounce on over to Nokia and see where you end up. You are dealing with a pretty sophisticated piece of hardware that does many to most things very well. It has some BT issues that are more than likely the fault of the headset. I have the HBH-DS970, HBH-IV435, and the GV-(forgot the number), and the Plantronics 640. They all have their strengths and weak points. Hopefully SE will upgrade the BT firmware to allow better interoperability. Your constant moaning on and on about the phone being shi...te is now to the point of ad nausem annoying. If you can take it back and get your t610 antenna fixed.

Oh, hit a nerve did i, you make me laugh

"its a good phone for making calls and a good music player"

so we have a pretty sophisticated piece of hardware that make calls and plays music, FANTASTIC. If this pretty sophisticated piece of hardware worked as it should do then i would have no reason to moan about it would i now. If anyone anywhere bought ANYTHING from a toaster to car that didnt work as it should they would take it back, why should we have to put up with it. Your reply, only to be expected from a mac user

[ This Message was edited by: nokevin on 2006-11-17 13:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nokevin on 2006-11-17 13:49 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 17:46
@sapporobaby,

Your post is pointless and as biased nokevins, can we please return to reality here to suggest Nokia is no better is founded on what exactly as much as you may not like it S60 3rd Edition is not slow and much faster than UIQ3 the only thing UIQ3 has is a touch screen and the price paid for this functionality is too high IMO.

No phone is perfect nor is it ever likely to be the M600 in my experience is no where near as bad as nokevin seems to have found it but neither is it the masterpiece sapporobaby seems to think it is either. The true test is how the phones value is held just look at the price of both the M600 and P990 so shortly after launch and compare that to what has happened to the N93's price that says it all to me.

Will i sell my M600 well not yet there is meant to be major upgrade on its way which will speed it up and if they sort out the bluetooth problem that will make me happy.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
nokevin
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 18:09
"there is meant to be major upgrade on its way which will speed it up and if they sort out the bluetooth problem that will make me happy"

Lets just hope so, that would make me hapy as well
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 18:24
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 17:46:50, Dogmann wrote:
@sapporobaby,

Your post is pointless and as biased nokevins, can we please return to reality here to suggest Nokia is no better is founded on what exactly as much as you may not like it S60 3rd Edition is not slow and much faster than UIQ3 the only thing UIQ3 has is a touch screen and the price paid for this functionality is too high IMO.

please present some proves that s60 v3 on n80 or n93 is "much faster" than in w950 (i say w950 because is the uiq 3 device with the most updated firmware)

personaly, i think in that respect your talking complete bs
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 19:33
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 18:09:16, nokevin wrote:
"there is meant to be major upgrade on its way which will speed it up and if they sort out the bluetooth problem that will make me happy"

Lets just hope so, that would make me hapy as well

Get a virus. This is expected from a Windoze user.

As I was saying no phone is perfect and you continued moaning will not make it better. Hopefully SE will address these issues and that will be that. Opppsss, it's Friday, you better get back to running your virus scans and security updates.

Forgot the

-/..../../...//.../../-/.//../...//--./---/../-./--.//-/---//-/...././/-../-

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2006-11-17 18:46 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 01:09
@all Can we please stop this endless and pointless quoting the whole time it really is both unnecessary and annoying especially for the many that visit ESATO from mobile devices.

@Ares we get you live and breath SE not just here but on all the forums, and will die defending its honour but please just sometimes get real. I use an N93 and before that a N73 only had Nokias since June as got P****D when my my 910i stopped syncing with Outlook and nothing would fix it. SE support where less than useless.

My N93 is a little over 2 and half months old, it has not crashed frozen or restarted once, since the first update i have 22MB Ram Free on start up, the next firmware speeds things up even more knocking 2-3 seconds off its start up time the only thing that takes time but then there is a lot to load. It does everything my M600 does quicker and better its screen is readable in nearly all conditions the same can not be said for the M600 or any touchscreen. If you are trying to say UIQ3 is quick you just can not be serious everything takes ages i say bring back UIQ2 it was much better IMO. The only thing the M600 does better is the Music Player due to A2DP but that really is it Oh yes and its smaller and looks good unfortunately that's just not enough to cut it for me. I don't know if and when you have used a N93 but it is far from being slow on anything other than start up, i can sync it over bluetooth with no problem unlike my M600 which is hit or miss. Even without a qwerty keyboard or touchscreen i can enter data even with it in Landscape/Laptop mode quicker and easier than on the M600 also. I am trying very hard to love this phone and use it as my main phone but am finding this very hard to do its just not quite good enough well not yet anyway IMO. Get this last point this is my opinion from my experience of both OS's on a daily basis not just some ones else's opinion i just agree with. Re read the P990 thread from the beginning and see how many where convinced all the delays meant the problems where being sorted out and the P990 would be a nice stable device with very few bugs left when launched, that doesn't quite seem to be the reality does it? Yes some are very happy with their units and manage to keep them running smoothly but many more can't.

No one is saying you have to buy another phone or your P990 is rubbish well some may be but not me, but to say there's nothing wrong and don't worry they'll fix it soon really doesn't cut it does it? niether is it right or acceptable. Neither is attacking another phone just because it is not from SE again you don't have to like it, its size or design or even buy it but to say it has faults or is slow when it hasn't makes no sense as well as being untrue. Maybe you should go check some benchmark tests as the N93 just won the best performing award beating both the P990 and K800.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2006-11-18 04:30 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 07:25
@Dogman,

Dude, there is no argument between and Nokevin. He made a point, I disagreed but I have no hard feelings.

Now back to business. The M600i has a few problems that hopefully will be addressed in the next upgrade. I had a Nokia 9300i that was great but slow and I traded it away for my M600i. The P990 is a joke in my opinion as it only has 802.11b. What was SE thinking? I am now looking at the Nokia N95 when it is released. I used to be a diehard SE fan but SE has let us down, time and time again by simply ignoring their customer base. I think that we consumers need to take a hard look at our loyalties as the only loyalty that SE has is to money and ignoring our desires. I no longer rush out to get the latest and greatest SE when it hits the market. They have brought this on themselves.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 12:14
@sapporobaby

We are indeed saying the same thing and seem to agree the last post bar the constant quoting was aimed @ No:1 SE fan boy Ares who see's any criticism as an attack on his honor and unfortunately can't see the wood for the trees, Here is the link to the benchmark tests they make interesting reading. For the full brake down and scores follow this link
http://www.nordicwirelesswatc[....]eless/story.html?story_id=5052

Marc
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 19:37
Quote:

On 2006-11-18 12:14:19, Dogmann wrote:
@sapporobaby

We are indeed saying the same thing and seem to agree the last post bar the constant quoting was aimed @ No:1 SE fan boy Ares who see's any criticism as an attack on his honor and unfortunately can't see the wood for the trees, Here is the link to the benchmark tests they make interesting reading. For the full brake down and scores follow this link
http://www.nordicwirelesswatc[....]eless/story.html?story_id=5052

Marc

please do tell tell me what that has to do with UIQ 3 vs s60 v3 OS speed...that n93 has superior hardware for 3d apps, everybody knows, i was talking about the comparation between OSīs...so, the next time, try to say things clearly....by the way, that data show k800 trashing n93 and p990 in one criteria lol

So Dogmman, try to be racional in your statments
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 19:56
@ Ares firstly why do you have to quote everything said above are you incapable of grasping a simple concept of using the @ symbol.

Ares if you seriously believe UIQ3 responds quicker all i can say is you haven't used S60 3rd Edition so just don't realise it. Wow the K800 wins on one point quick lets all by that then. Really Ares sometimes your stupidity even amazes me, I have stated i have used both Os's and there is no contest but i notice you try to get me to compare to the W950 which by all accounts is not problem free either and is a Walkman phone rather than a business smart phone. The first firmware upgrade on the N93 released just under 6mb extra Ram this next one speeds up the start up time and adds some new functionality and speed to what is already a fast and stable platform. I have no objection to you loving your P990 and thinking it is problem free well at least for you just stop attacking anything that is not from SE as just because you want SE to be the best does not make it so. Especially with SE releasing so many bug ridden phones on launch and not minor niggles either.

Marc
aloner
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-11-19 05:01
I own a Nokia E61, a SE M600i and a Treo 750v. Of the three, the M600i is the one I use less because of three reasons:

1) The UI is too slow and I need to keep an eye on free memory at all times
2) I canīt use the phone with one hand. Need the stylus for most actions
3) The browser crashes way too often

The E61 is a great phone though I would like Symbian S60 to have more personalization options.
IMHO The Treo is the one I enjoy most. Fast, lots of memory, great UI and hundreds of applications available to download and tweak the phone.
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-21 22:54
"1) The UI is too slow and I need to keep an eye on free memory at all times
2) I canīt use the phone with one hand. Need the stylus for most actions
3) The browser crashes way too often "

1. Update your phone and it won't be slow anymore. It's not true you have to keep an eye on your memory. I have mine for 2 months now and it restarted twice in order to improve performance. Practically, with 10 apps opened (RSS, internet, Contacts, Agile Mes, etc) you won't run out of memory, you'll still have 1 MB - it runs ok even with 1 MB!
2.Inaccurate again. ALL the functions can be accessed by keyboard. I've made some comparasing moves and all of the functions I tried were made by stylus OR keyboard as fast as ever.
3.Again, update your phone. Since R9A002 no crashes whatsoever on the phone or browser.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-21 23:03
@aloner

I used a different M2 card, ie a new 512kb one as opposed to the free 64mb one. After formatting the new card I found my M600 was much quicker - my 64MB m2 must had some fault. So try to re-format your M2 card.
Join the 'dots' and see what happens
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic