Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990i - BlackBerry Install Guide For Dummies

Author P990i - BlackBerry Install Guide For Dummies
aleutia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-06 20:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello,

thank you for a useful post, I have downloaded and installed the SW. The email push using Blackberry Enterprise is working, but the calendar synchronisation is not.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks !
Mike
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-08 00:29
Quote:

On 2006-10-06 20:05:54, aleutia wrote:
Hello,

thank you for a useful post, I have downloaded and installed the SW. The email push using Blackberry Enterprise is working, but the calendar synchronisation is not.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks !
Mike

I would suggest that you delete the calendar book and re-register it. If all else fails, remove the software and re-install it. Calendar sync issues have been common so far. These methods do help.
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
aleutia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 14:26
BigFeat, thank you !

Sorry for what may seem a basic question, but apart from removing all entries, how can I "...delete the calendar book..." ?

Thanks again!
Mike
ar336
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 22:47
Could anyone send me the pdf file please to "dasiba (at) blueyonder.co.uk"? I have downloaded the two software but cannot download the pdf as the link does not come up. I'tried with 4 browser: Explorer, Slimbrowser, Netscape, Firefox.
ar336
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 23:00
Could anyone send me the pdf file please to "dasiba (at) blueyonder.co.uk"? I have downloaded the two software but cannot download the pdf as the link does not come up. I'tried with 4 browser: Explorer, Slimbrowser, Netscape, Firefox.
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 23:05
Will this work with hotmail?
Feedback (+58, -0) Platinum Trader!
einst
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-18 23:57
Unless you pay for hotmail, they don't allow downloading mail via pop or imap... only from the webmail.
They changed this some time ago.. previously you could, hence the facility to set it up in outlook/outlook express.

John
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-19 00:37
Quote:

On 2006-10-18 14:26:40, aleutia wrote:
BigFeat, thank you !

Sorry for what may seem a basic question, but apart from removing all entries, how can I "...delete the calendar book..." ?

Thanks again!
Mike

I believe you can highlight it and click on Delete. However, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
FuzzyClam
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 02:21

Actually, BB Connect will put a copy of outgoing mail on the server for IMAP accounts and the built-in clients will not. For me, that's a big difference.

Quote:

On 2006-09-21 21:50:01, scroitoru wrote:
It only took an hour on the phone with a Cingular tech ) , but once I added a new plan and turned the phone off and back on, I was able to register from the phone from inside the Blackberry connect 3.37 version. Now it works like a charm. It pushes all my emails from POP and ISP. But other than instant access, there is no real benefit to the BIS. I actually find it VERY disadvantageous, since the blackberry plans are more expensive... Just use the scheduler functions with the email client that came with the phone.
Bottom line, P990i is blackberry compatible, and one can use it as such.

Big thanks to BigFeat for all his effort and willingness to share all off this info.

[ This Message was edited by: scroitoru on 2006-09-21 20:50 ]

aleutia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 13:23
BigFeat,

because you wrote: "I would suggest that you DELETE the calendar book and re-register it. If all else fails, remove the software and re-install it. Calendar sync issues have been common so far. These methods do help. "

Thanks
Mike
biggow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-23 14:31
Hi all,

I have downloaded the software and tried to follow the pdf guide, but I seem to be getting basically nowhere. I am a complete noob to the whole Blackberry thing, and don't really quite understand how it all works, but my system administrator here at work says I'm all set up from his end, I have the latest firmware installed, the phone syncs just fine with PC suite, but still no joy. After I've done the provision bit I just get 'Starting service' flashing up on the screen, and nothing else happens (I've left it for up to an hour). Status always shows as 'Off'.

Also, when I try to do the 'generate keys' bit from within the desktop software, it does not matter whether I select automatic or manual the 'Generate' button is greyed out.

Can anyone shed some light on what may be going wrong?
tankee531
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-24 03:17
is your sim card activated for blackberry service by your telco?
titobee
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-24 10:03
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the posting of the client.
Is the link still available? As I cannot open the links anymore.
Tito
PM
Posted: 2006-10-24 11:20
Hi tankee531

Yes according to Vodafone I am definitely set up for the Blackberry service (at a whopping £28 a month!), so I don't think that's the issue either.
biggow
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-24 17:29
Actually tankee531 I phoned Vodafone AGAIN just to make absolutely sure that everything was setup ok at their end, only to be told that I didn't have Blackberry set up at all. Bear in mind that I asked for it to be set up 2 weeks ago, and when I first started trying to get the P990 to work and couldn't that I phoned them only to be told that it was definitely set up. Turns out that they'd actually set me up on their 'business email service', which is a completely different thing to Blackberry, but I guess most Vodafone customer service people don't know the difference. Thankfully I happened to get a guy today that did understand it, and he set it all up for me correctly straight away. It's now working fine and I couldn't be happier!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi