Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990i - BlackBerry Install Guide For Dummies

Author P990i - BlackBerry Install Guide For Dummies
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-20 23:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-09-20 22:42:28, scroitoru wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-20 15:44:16, BigFeat wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-20 15:04:39, Sainty wrote:
I did select 'Register Now'. So in theory my pin might get added on for me automatically? Else I'll try getting it stored while at work tomorrow

The one quick way to confirm that it was added successfully is if the software returns a message that sais your blackberry has successfully been registered.

___

How long does it take for the software to return the message u mentioned? And how is that information supposed to look like?

Maybe the issue is with my GPRS. The moment I choose Registration, my GPRS shows "logon failed" status.

[ This Message was edited by: scroitoru on 2006-09-20 22:26 ]

That message should pop up within a minute. If you are getting log failures then maybe I would attributed to network issues. Look at your GPRS progress bar from as this happens. If you can capture what's going on your screen just post it up. It sounds like you have an isolated issue.
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
djsaad1
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 00:52
@gabster

Are you sure contact sync doesnt work on the p990?

It seems like Bigfeat got it working
Marc_SE
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-21 00:58
I very quickly installed the latest client on my P990i and changed my PIN/IMEI on the T-Mob UK instant email site.

I'm ahppy to say that the handset and client have been working as expected all day long.

Thank you for making the client available!
ajjkett
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 18:27
Thanks BigFeat, and sorry for the altercation on the other thread, will follow these instructions to the letter.

Gonna bug voda again now with my pin.

Ta man

Tony.
scroitoru
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 21:50
It only took an hour on the phone with a Cingular tech ) , but once I added a new plan and turned the phone off and back on, I was able to register from the phone from inside the Blackberry connect 3.37 version. Now it works like a charm. It pushes all my emails from POP and ISP. But other than instant access, there is no real benefit to the BIS. I actually find it VERY disadvantageous, since the blackberry plans are more expensive... Just use the scheduler functions with the email client that came with the phone.
Bottom line, P990i is blackberry compatible, and one can use it as such.

Big thanks to BigFeat for all his effort and willingness to share all off this info.

[ This Message was edited by: scroitoru on 2006-09-21 20:50 ]
Gabster
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-22 02:40
Yep if you look at other forums they mention that:

The connect version of the blackberry software only allows the following (from blackberry website):

BlackBerry Connect features with BlackBerry Enterprise Server**

"Push"-based wireless email access
Triple Data Encryption Standard
Wireless email reconciliation
Remote address book look-up
Attachment viewing
Wireless calendar synchronization
IT policy enforcement and commands

BlackBerry Connect features with BlackBerry Internet Service

"Push"-based wireless email access
Wireless email reconciliation†
osej
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-25 06:56
Sorry,

too quick to post. Problem solved with enabling of BB service on singtel account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to follow the guide however when I start the BB desktop I get "unknown type" in the PIN field and I can't generate any keys.

I have latest firmware in my p990i (no operator lock)
I downloaded BB C v337 and the BB desktop from your link (tried with BB C v335 before)
The BBES has my account enabled
I have not been able to register BBC but found out today that it was probably because Singtel missed to enable the BB service for my number.

[ This Message was edited by: osej on 2006-09-25 09:49 ]
GavinBKK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-28 11:09
Can anyone tell me:

Where to find my PIN?

Many thanks
Gavin
skruttet
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-09-28 11:39
Quote:

On 2006-09-20 04:31:05, BigFeat wrote:
Sony Ericsson P990i BlackBerry Connect Guide For Dummies

This guide is intended provide some direction for installing BlackBerry software (push-email) to your P990i handset. The guide utilizes one service provider (T-Mobile) to illustrate the installation procedures.

For the first time, the BlackBerry Connect software on the Sony Ericsson handset allows both BES and BIS to function concurrently without interruption while running internet related software, such as, the web browser. This software is limited to intranet browsing for corporate backdoor websites or links. Please provide feedback and suggestions deemed appropriate.

The following link contains the BB Connect Software (v.3.37) for the P990i.

BB Connect Software Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following link contains the BB Connect Desktop Software (v.2.1.1.12) for the P990i.

BB Connect Desktop Download

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following link contains the BB Connect Install Guide (v.1.0) for the P990i.

BB Connect Install Guide Download

===============================================================

NOTE:

The download password = p990i.
The pdf password = bigfeat.

**Special thanks to the members that have continued to contribute and share their experience with this unsupported software.

[ This Message was edited by: BigFeat on 2006-09-20 03:35 ]

Could not download the PDF and the Desktop software even though I entered the correct passwords shown above.
scroitoru
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-09-28 16:46
@ GavinBKK
Once you isntall the BB connect on your phone, launch the application. the PIN will show in one of the tabs (status tab maybe)

@ skruttet
see my previous post. try to enter the download password twice, every time a new screen asks for it.

[ This Message was edited by: scroitoru on 2006-09-28 15:49 ]
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-28 17:12
Thanks for chiming in Scroitoru. Sounds like you got the hang of it now.

On the other hand, I do urge members to actually read the guide prior to posting. It appears that the answers to a large majority of the questions are already in the guide. I'm assuming most members are either skimming through it or assume they will be able to figure things out without it. This guide was drafted with the assumption that the user has zero experience in this field. It could be a refresher for the vets as well.
GavinBKK
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-29 06:10

Hi All,

I have installed the Desktop s/w and entered the details of an Imap email account into the Mail section of Control Panel. When I launch BB Desktop, I get an error saying: "the account is not provisioned properly on the server".

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any pointers.
Gavin
dmeyer
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-09-30 20:04
Thanks for this, everything I needed to know all in one place, and it all works!

Daniel
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-04 00:59
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 06:10:40, GavinBKK wrote:

Hi All,

I have installed the Desktop s/w and entered the details of an Imap email account into the Mail section of Control Panel. When I launch BB Desktop, I get an error saying: "the account is not provisioned properly on the server".

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any pointers.
Gavin

Doesn't sound like you have a BB account on your SIM.
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

tankee531
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-04 05:36
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 06:10:40, GavinBKK wrote:

Hi All,

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any pointers.
Gavin

have you verified your IMAP email setup using an email client, eg outlook, on your PC?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi