Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Swiss Manager (free) and Swiss Manager Pro

Previous  123 ... 242526 ... 373839  Next
Author Swiss Manager (free) and Swiss Manager Pro
xoo88
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-03-02 06:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Lisa,

I want to ask now SMP pro can set when open smp will also start tweak peak, then if i exit smp, does the tweak peak also will exit? because I feel the display speed is not that fast after phone start for a while, i need to go control panel > tweak peak > save , push it for start.
Never had a perfect phone - Love my P990i
T68i > P800 > P900 > P910 > P990
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-02 12:00
TP will not exit when you close SMP, atleast not on my phone. But if you restart the phone without starting SMP, then you have to start the TP again
Iyad
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-03-11 17:33
Lisa
I updated my firmware recently to
R9EC001,R5A01,R4B03,R5A03

SM Pro no longer start auto. on start up the phone. prog. is set to start in BootMan. Other programs do start but not SM Pro.

Any idea?
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-03-16 04:18
Hi Lisa, my P990i has the latest firmware version and I have to say it is a rock where stability is concerned, it would run on really low memory (1-3mb) without problems and without rebooting with 8-11 apps running in the background while I have it running for 4-7 days without restarting Of course there are weird things happening after going a few days without restart like the task manager doesn't function anymore and I don't get a little mail icon when I receive txts, but is IS nevertheless stable unless I do 2 things that would freeze the phone resulting in having to hard reset to recover it. 1 of the 2 involves SM Pro, particularly while I open video files with it in FC mode. This happens randomly and does not have any pattern which is why it really bothers me. The other problem is taking video shots after a heavy full day's use- this would most certainly cause the phone to freeze and could be reproduced easily as I'm a heavy user of my phone. So why does SM Pro cause this, and I'm hoping this could be fixed in the next s/ware version because I've read similar accounts regarding this matter.
Scooby Stevo
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-03-16 10:43
Seeing as everyone keeps posting how good SM is I thought I'd better get stuck in and give it a go.

Showing my Newbie-ness though and not got it working yet!

Downloaded it to my PC at work - double clicked to launch it and it states:
"No phone has been identified . . . ."
"please connect and define your phone"

even though this is the pc I sync everything with and my phone's sat in the cradle and has just sync'd - so I know my PC can see it.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to ask basic naff questions but I'm slowly getting there!

Many thanks
firetech
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-03-16 15:52
@Scooby Stevo:
You sure you downloaded the correct version for your phone?
I.E. UIQ3 version for P990, M600 and W950 or UIQ2 version (pro only) for P900, P910 och P800.
P990i (GW1) + 4GB MS
This signature is (probably) brought to you with the help of HTTP.
Scooby Stevo
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-03-16 16:40
Pretty sure I did.

File name is:
swissmgr_uiq3_140.sis

Not sure whether it's a work firewall issue or something like that.
I could try it at home and see if I have any more luck if all else fails.

Zed@CPS
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-10 09:03
The new firmwares released on April 10 have a conflict with Swiss Manager Pro. Namely, if SMP is in the background and its status icon is touched, then the instant task menu does not appear, and the phone becomes non-responsive to stylus actions elsewhere than the status bar. We will release an upgrade version of SMP as soon as the exact reason is determined and worked around. Until that, here is what to do:

- Make sure that the Settings/Behavior/Resist exit requests option of SMP is unchecked (drawback: SMP may be killed by the OS when memory is low).
- In Settings/Icon choose an icon format other than Fixed (see also below).
- When SMP's status icon disappears upon tapping on it, invoke the built-in Task Manager application by touching its statusbar icon, or from the More menu (when using the Fixed icon format, only the More menu can be accessed).
- Select SMP on the Task Manager list. The SMP task menu appears and all is back to normal (until you touch the status icon next time).

Please let us know if any other problem is experienced when using SMP on the new firmwares.
CellPhoneSoft.com - Software your smartphone needs
Spinz
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 16:24
I got the 1.45 version of swiss manager. When 1.5 is released do i have to get it registered again or will it work over the 1.45 version
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 16:26
It will work. If not, then just uninstall and install the new one with the same serial
Spinz
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 16:26
I got the 1.45 version of swiss manager. When 1.5 is released do i have to get it registered again or will it work over the 1.45 version
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 16:28
Hmm
kalu
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 17:22
after several occurrences of the same behavior, it seems that SE, with every one of their FW upgrades, has implemented, on purpose, mechanisms to block/interfere with SMP.

I mean they did not have fixed theor own soft bugs, or implement new functionality, which many users have asked repeatedly, but they were able to add "stuff" to just "kill" SMP functions?!?
Considering CPS bailed the P990 for the past 9 months, this is very bad behavior.

This sounds like payback, and it is stupid, as it it is childish. SE, just stop your games and start acting like a mature company, who serves and works with it's customers, not against.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 17:38
Um, SE have apparently (finally) started to deal with some of the memory issues in firmware and actually fix a lot of the problems people have been having. They can't do that without changing things - probably things that SMP has been written around - so the unfortunate side-effect is that SMP may not work properly now, at least until the CPS people sort it. Is that a reason for SE to not patch and improve on their own firmware? I don't think so.
Zed@CPS
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-16 09:46
SE have apparently (finally) started to deal with some of the memory issues in firmware and actually fix a lot of the problems people have been having. They can't do that without changing things - probably things that SMP has been written around - so the unfortunate side-effect is that SMP may not work properly now
The menu problem that SMP got from the latest firmwares is not related to memory management in any way. Instead it is purely a GUI matter.

it seems that SE, with every one of their FW upgrades, has implemented, on purpose, mechanisms to block/interfere with SMP.
We do not think that SE is purposely doing anything against our (or any other 3rd-party developer's) software. It is true, however, that they introduce changes that interferes with existing software, like ours or their own (like the new alarm bugs).

The biggest problem is that developers (just like users) are not informed at all by SE about what's being changed in the firmware, instead it comes as a surprise. We do not hope this chronic lack of info will change in the (foreseeable) future. They are testing our (and your) ability to adapt to whatever comes from them.
CellPhoneSoft.com - Software your smartphone needs
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 242526 ... 373839  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic