Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 - The end of the line for the P series?

Author P990 - The end of the line for the P series?
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-10-25 17:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The really professional reviews didnīt give bad opinion about P990:

my-symbian
all about symbian

sonyclie77
K800 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-10-25 18:11
Clie's as the P series successor I saw someone posted earlier? Don't think so but is a good idea though. I liked the Clie's a lot!

This message was posted from a WAP device
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2006-10-25 19:06
I hope not... The form factor has improved over the models and i have to say i think its spot on now...

The form factor will hopefully live on, Phone-PDA at its best...
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-10-25 20:51
Recently I stayed without my P910 for a few days and had to use wife's 'ordinary' UI SE phone. I realised that I am completely lost without touch screen and querty, it was simply unbearable. Also P series big screen is unparalleled, enjoyable for waching pictures and videos, editing office documents, surfing, reading books, etc. With P990 additional advanced features P series is IMO one step closer to perfect phone/pda device which is I believe our common vision. So I think it is far from the last word of P series.

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2006-10-25 21:16
P series phones are a trademark Ericsson /SE design. Which other phone resembles them? I love my P910 and I would be highly disappointed if they were to change the form. As a matter of fact I would get a heart attack!

This message was posted from a P910i

[ This Message was edited by: EMS06 on 2006-10-25 21:03 ]
Sun Tzu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-01 12:50

On 2006-08-18 14:09:07, Indiandawg wrote:
first of all i have to say after k750i the designs have given a new look....the OS also in the mid range has a new look so all together they have done something new...but why? i dont understand that very well ...still a good change everybody accepted... good new technologies they came out like cyber shot in a cell phone.. and misc...

they corrected themself with small features like to select all and then send to a device via bt, and also a major one can select a ringtone for message....accepted by everyone!!!

but what went wrong with P series ? i totally agree its not one of the best cell phone in P series to be honest i regret i sold my p910i cause i think i like the p910i more than p990i...

UIQ 2.0 was good to use was fun to use...while when i surfed uiq 3.0 in my frd's cell m600i.. i dont like to use it..!! i miss the chess game...the solitaire game which i use to play everyday in my p910i , forget the games... i miss that 5-way jog dial...and...secondly..the jog dial is so small..oh cmon m really disappointed with the jog dial thing..!!!

i miss everything of p910i, to be honest i liked the keypad also..of p910i.. it wasnt so comfortable but when u needed u cud use it properly ... ok i m commenting a lot...but still i can be wrong cause i havnt even touched p990i but i didnt like UIQ 3.0....m not dat happy with the OS... ders task manager ders menu...but..no option to switch off the task manager , i personally dont like task manager..!!...

any which ways i always prefer to buy SE and so definately m goin to buy p990i but all my hopes are on applications now... the 3rd party i hope they make me feel betta

that's is so how i feel about my newly acquired m600i (yesterday). i was unfortunate enough to get mugged and robbed of my beloved p910i which to me was the most accomplished of the SE smartphone. have had it for 2 years and was not planning on switching at all (until this shits came along). now ive got this m600i which sure is cute but in terms of functionality has ways to go to reach the p910i. from what i've heard and read so far i'm just glad i didnt go for the p990. hopefully SE will get their act together and get back to the basics that made for the p series success so far.
i hate nokia

T28 -> T29 -> P800 -> P900 -> P910 -> M600
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-01 14:54
i truely believe that the m600 keyboard has left no need for the flip design.
On the p900 and p910 the flip design was great because the screen was so much bigger with the flip open - but as soon as they just hid an extra qwerty keyboard under there on the p990 instead of the extra screen i see no future for it.
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-01 15:20
exactly, they need to go back a step and go for the big screen of the P900 with a numeric flip, make it slimmer and have all the latest technology on it.

many people want a smart phone but dont need a qwerty on it!
just a BIG screen and loads of gadgets!!!!

P700 will prob replace both the P990 and the M600 for SE [addsig]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-01 15:53
Well actually I was dissapointed with my P990 in the beginning, when I also switched from great P910. But now - I would NEVER go back! 3G, fast browser - gr8 Opera 8.6, fast work. More functions. And guys, qwerty is a MUST in the smartphone/pda world. That's why I would personally never get N95.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-05-01 16:17
I've been saying the same thing mobman. I was a big fan of the flip on the P800 and P910, it worked well for UIQ2, but UIQ3 just doesn't need it. It's been designed for one-handed use in full screen mode anyway, they've just made it deliberately harder on the P990 to justify the need for "flip closed" mode.

As you say, the M600i's keyboard gives you all the advantages of a proper phone keypad and a better Qwerty experience than the P990, with full-on full screen UIQ always available.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi