Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 bugs and problems

Previous  123 ... 232425
Author P990 bugs and problems
spine6
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-28 19:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just assign a pic for a contact then when he/she text you will see his/her picture.
max_s
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 11:14
dear MR,

I have read your reuest for giving more information for the SE people and could not help to post a reply on that....

Sorry, but I have sent some real serious bug reports together with my p990i phone to a local SE support centre near Rotterdam and even to dynafix in holland (this is the place where SE do all the major repairs).

I still have all the problems and the only thing they do is some firmware updates. After making more than 9 calls, having 3 helpdesk tracknrs. most of the problems still exists. My carkit has been to SE repair centre two times already and my phone 1 time..... Software is still slow and crappy...

So SE is definitely listening , but in my case not solving the issues.

Quote:

On 2006-09-05 00:53:19, MR wrote:
To anyone here. I have seen multiple issues here in this topic with several devices. A lot of these issues are not fixed in my P990i which has the R5A006 ROM version.

This is the latest ROM and the next ROM will come in October. I am addressing a lot of issues currently so if anyone of you have major issues feel free to tell me.

I cannot have issues like it crashes all the time. Only issues which can be reproduced!! So they occur and you can reproduce them.

My P990i is really stable. I am using it for several days now and I did not have one major problem. I also did not have any problems with the available memory. I also have a BST-34 battery which gives me at least two days of intensive usage. There are other issues which are smaller!

So if you have a problem mention it here with some background then SE can do something with it.

MR

[ This Message was edited by: MR on 2006-09-04 23:54 ]

al_1982a
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 01:55
i think SE is listening and the last FW is better than any one before the next one will be the latest i think with 17.5 more RAM..
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-13 03:12
17.5 ? ? ? Is that it? Hopefully with the next FM upgrade in oct. will have as much as my old N70. Never the less, still 10 or so times less then the N95. ~ and SE have the 'guts' to call this crap a 'flagship' model ? huh :(

This message was posted from a N70-1
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 09:53
Yes, its not that much. But i dont think that we will be needing alot more than this. I think its working ok right now. I just want them to stop the memory leak

AND, to let us turn off the animations

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-01-13 08:56 ]
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 12:59
the n70? please mario, you must be joking...
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
vinaymieux
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 09:58
Here are some new and old problems with the new firmware:

Phone: R9EA001
Organizer: R4A13
CDA: R4A09

1. The phone switches off and on the whole day several times.
2. If reading a message(SMS), which is long enough that you have to scroll down; the moment you press the down key or move the jog dial down, the message goes directly to the end, instead of going down one line. Then you have to scroll all the way back up and read it. This time it goes down one line at a time.
3. When listening to the Radio, if u press the silver button on the headset, it mutes the radio. In earlier firmware it used to change the station, which was much more useful.
4. Still cannot put large pictures for contact or wallpaper. It shows broken image. Though in the case of wallpaper, if you close all other ongoing applications, and free the RAM, then you can put them. But contact, still cannot.
5. The Bluetooth headset I use (HBH-610a, HCB-30), keeps getting disconnected all the time. Even when talking through it. And the worst thing; if I’m on a call on my headset (HBH-610a), and I get a second call, I press the button on the headset to pick it up; it disconnects the incoming call. In the earlier firmware, it didn’t do anything and now instead of picking it up (which used to happen on my P900), it disconnects it.
6. In the flip open mode when I press the activity menu button sometimes it opens the activity menu as it would open in flip closed. Then you have to close the flip, open the activity menu, press back and then open in flip open.
7. While in camera on (flip closed), there are no shortcuts to camera options, for e.g. in W550i the slide lock button switches on and off the light; or the number buttons can be used for picture size and effects etc.
8. In flip closed mode if I long press any button (2-9), it is supposed to open the phonebook with the contact of the nearest matching alphabet on the key pressed; this does not happen, instead it just opens the phonebook. Though if the phonebook is already running in the RAM, it works.
9. Sounds for things like camera shutter, battery low warning and when the phone connects to network (three clicks) are very low. In the predecessors I could change it with the multimedia volume, but not in this.
10. When I view pictures in thumbnail mode, all the picture in the camera folder (taken from camera) are displayed very blurred, until opened.
11. If I send a message and get a delivery report, and I press the continue button, very fast, the yellow light keeps blinking.
12. When playing music through music player and if u minimize it, then go back and then stop the song and try to exit , the music player stays on. There is an icon on the taskbar and also the line in the middle of the screen which displays the details of the now playing song; only this time it’s empty. For this you have to go to task manager to close it.
13. When playing a song in music player, it takes a lot of time for the song to start after pressing play.
14. Quadra Pop game is not full screen anymore in flip open.
15. If you put a .gif file as your wallpaper, it does not animate (move). This happened in all other P series.
16. When you receive a call, it takes long before it starts ringing. Because of which, if someone is giving you a short bell; the phone does not even ring.
17. Overall the phone is very very slow in all of its actions.

[ This Message was edited by: vinaymieux on 2007-01-22 08:59 ]
Muzikfreakah
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-26 09:33

On 2006-10-27 19:09:08, dev667 wrote:
hi, my computer crashes with a blue screen whenever i unplug my p990 if its' USB is set to (Phone Mode), i know it has something to do with my own computer since there were no crashes on other computers, i read something in the forum about blue screen crashes but found no solution,
does anyone have a fix for this??

I too have exactly the same problem, was able to solve it on my PC by reformatting the PC, it just so happens that I dont have the luxury to do that on my laptop at the moment. Any help here would be greatly appreciated
oyinluap
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-28 15:17
Dear SE Team,

I just purchased my p990i last week and i've encountered these problem:
1. I locked the keypad then the screen goes dimmer then instead of the screen shutting down for power saving, unlock message pops up and the screen lights up!
2. I transferred .gif from my n70 to p990i it was smooth.. but when i played the file the frame rate is very slow.
3. It restarted and saying for the phone to run more efficiently. But the same problems occur everyday.
4. I always have to restart the phone to flush the RAM.

This is my first time to purchase a SE phone. All my previous phones are Nokia but i hardly encountered such problems. Now I am thinking if the SE brand is really worth every penny.

I hope the SE team can address all our concern/problems about their product, because this can be a turning point for their downfall.
topolino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-10-04 16:23
Can Some one help me...
I've just got my ( p990i used ) from my dad *he bought iPhone ... And I have a bit of a problem,
I've downloaded few themes from zedge.net ...and started instaling them, after I instaled one, (totaly compactible)
error apeared...and what ever I tryed ..It just sad. ERROR error (millions of errors)... and normaly for sony ericson phone you switch it off and turn it on , and the pone is Ok. tryed that and Now I cant turn it ON because when it starts loading it gets to 50% and stops... ( after that...cant eaven turn the phone OFF , I can just take out the battery ...to switch it off ) ...
I know few of you will sugest me to take it to service, but we have problems with phone dealers In my city ( eaven "legal" ones) if I bring them my phone they will problably take some original parts off and put me some "chinese" ones... sooo..if any one knows how to solwe this problem pls post it as reply and send me an email to topolino_ze@hotmail.com ...
[ This Message was edited by: topolino on 2009-10-04 15:25 ]
Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2009-10-05 00:24
try to romove memory stick and then turn it on,if it does not help reflash it using seus
N N N sorry for my english

Love my p990 and Esato forum!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic