Previous  123 ... 232425  Next
Author P990 bugs and problems
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 19:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi aqualung,

As a work round can't you transfer them back to the PC and convert back to Office docs than just add them again to the P990?

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 19:38
Marc

Looks like I will be doing that tomorow - I run off a Mac ( iBook G4 ) at home. MacOffice, although compatible with MS Office, doesn't support the QuickOffice docs it seems ...

So I'll cart the stuff to work on a flash disk tomorrow and do the workaround there.

( * Thinks *...maybe I should consider a Macbook, and run Bootcamp off it. Nothing SE offers for P990i works with a Mac ! )

Tx for the advice
robinho10
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-08 00:47
i have used a 2mp photo for contacts several times.. and my phone does not play assigned ringtone in cradle.. but otherwise always.. and tried to open cam and close it in a conversation took 2sec and phone was back on track.. i also use r7 and cda r3b..
MiKA7
Jejoma
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-11-08 12:39
I set a daily alarm using the "Wake up!" slot in Alarms, changing the time to 7.15. I now want to cancel it and have unchecked it in Alarms but it still goes off every morning and the alarm icon stays on the opening screen.

Can anyone help me clear it please?
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-08 14:33
Quote:

On 2006-11-08 12:39:34, Jejoma wrote:
I set a daily alarm using the "Wake up!" slot in Alarms, changing the time to 7.15. I now want to cancel it and have unchecked it in Alarms but it still goes off every morning and the alarm icon stays on the opening screen.

Can anyone help me clear it please?

I to have this
tawe
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-23 20:42
I have a very annoying problem. Every time I get an SMS and try to open it I get an error that says "The message is incomplete, access denied". I then have to reboot the phone and read the message directly after start-up. The problem doesn't go away with that either, if I try to open the same message again later I get the error again. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
einst
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 00:07
Yes, I have had this problem almost from day 1...

did a SEUS update, and it was ok for a bit.. about 3 SMS came in fine..
then the problem came back..

did another SEUS update, but formatted MS, and left off a lot of the progs this time... only installed swiss manager and tomtom6..

so far the sms are still working (about 12 so far)

John
xeth
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 07:25
Guys, I remember from my last phone I see the picture of the incoming caller or i think the sms message when there is a picture with your contact on the contacts list.

Isn't this possible anymore with the p990?
kfchoong
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 07:33
Yes. The P990i does show the picture of your contacts when they call or sms. But the picture / photo resolution is terrible.
danielevans
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 12:22
I had a similar problem with adding pictures to contacts, i'd go through the contacts list, assigning the jpegs to the right contact and after 3/4 the browse list would stop displaying the thumbnails, and when i clicked on the pic anyway it comes up as a broken image picture.

this admittedly was using R3A04 on a vodafone branded phone, is anyone having this on a newer firmware?
dvdchas
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-14 22:59
These are my notes I've made on the P990 notes app since I've had this phone (got it 10/11/06 on Vodafone). I owned and loved a P900 before this phone, upgraded with the P910 software. I loved it. The P990 has been a big disapointment so far, probably the worst Sony product I've ever owned. A lot of the things I loved about the P900/P910 seem to have been ruined in the P990. Hopefully software updates will fix a lot of these.

These notes apply to the following software version:-
Phone: CXC162037 R5A006
Blue: CXC162058 R4F01
Org: CXC162036 R3A04

I'm going to attempt a SUSE upgrade now

HARDWARE Probs
* middle cursor button too small
* scroll wheemountedl too low
* miss the integrated back wheel feature
* swap back button with play/pause
* strap should be attachable on either side
* Unit is thicker and screen sunk to deep. E.g. You can see the dead screen when the keypad is closed
* unit is now slippery to hold
* Would like too see Gps and maps.
* Camera opens in pockets
* Keys unlock in pocket, due to slide lock?

* Hi res screen, with higher position
* Rdf news
* New browser

10/11/06
* slow animated scrolling
* contacts app should go straight to detail, turn off preview
* Crashed see screenshot

11/11/06
* unable to select certain contacts
* contact app crashing

12/11/06
* Should be shortcut for sending and xml page to rdf viewer
* should be able to disable slide unlock
* Power up / reboot takes much longer than P900/P910

13/11/06
* phone restarted to impove performance. on selecting volume
* today tasks shows missed calls

14/11/06
* middle part of screen crashed after playing back a video then closing the flap. Needed a hard reset.
* upgraded sync software due to it creating loads of duplicate emails and tasks
* sync takes an age to start.
* scrolling this note quickly with scroll bar only updates top and bottom
* image chooser via contacts always defaults to phone memory. Why doesnt it remember the last location
* contacts screen squashes images rather than retaining aspect ratio

15/11/06
* crashed, white screen when opening flip in notes
* In flip closed scrolling through long notes e.g. Train times, with the jog dial is much slower than P910, too slow.
* takes 4 seconds to open a note. What the hell is it doing?
* the virtual keyboard text view has less space due to the predictive text. Can the virtual keyboard not fill the screen.
* Is there a shortcut way of cutting and pasting? I normally use the virtual keyboard to do this.
* note: need to test transfering calls to loudspeaker. Does flip open still work?
* Mute button missing on calls with flip open.

16/11/06
* Opening a note with links e.g. Numbers, scrolling with the jog. Closing the doc prompts you to save even though nothings changed.

20/11/06
* Too easy to make a video call. Why is video call the default middle button option on call log? If you view a contact the middle button does a normal call. Though call is the left option on the contact preview.
Video call it like moved to the more menu with view contact / call being the default. Video call should only be default for returning in coming video calls.
* Battery doesnt last the weekend like the p990 used to. Only managed 36 hours. Note: backlight is at 90% always on - Powersave 30mins
* Other batery saving methods should be looked. E.g auto back light/blue tooth off during certain times. E.g. At night 00:30:00 to 07:00:00 Configurable
* Rss only seems to be able to read the next item for about 15 messages. You need to select the next batch from the mainmenu.
* Recieved call while in handsfree mode listening to the radio. phone started vibrating. Caller hung up but phone caried on vibrating. Needed to reboot.

23/11/06
* In camera taking view pictures mode (flip closed) arrows are shown to navigate the taken pictures. The arrows indicate left-right, however because in landscape mode (text and all) you'd expect to press the up-down cursors to match the screen position
· In notes when saving it somes shows a "compressing to sa..." is the font to big now?
einst
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-20 22:16
Quote:

On 2006-11-25 00:07:11, einst wrote:
Yes, I have had this problem almost from day 1...

did a SEUS update, and it was ok for a bit.. about 3 SMS came in fine..
then the problem came back..

did another SEUS update, but formatted MS, and left off a lot of the progs this time... only installed swiss manager and tomtom6..

so far the sms are still working (about 12 so far)

UPDATE.... SMS still working..
chadsotelo
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-12-27 19:34
My bloody P990i just died on me. I was listening to music when somebody (i think) called, so my phone started to vibrate. It suddenly died - and everytime I tried to switch it on, it would vibrate 3 times then it would die again. I've tried holding the power switch for 15 seconds, but it just keeps on repeating the same sequence - vibrate 3 times, die, etc.

Rushed to the nearest SE service center and asked their opinion - they said that having the unit vibrate then shut off when you tried to switch it on is indicative of a "major" problem, and that if it can't be solved via a software reset, it would probably be a hardware factory defect and would have to be replaced. I insisted on having the entire phone replaced with a new one if that were the case, and they said that they'd tell me if that were possible after they diagnose it. I'm bringing the phone in tomorrow since I didn't have my official receipt at that time for warranty purposes.

Darn it, of all the times to lose my phone that way. Has anyone encountered a similar experience?
cheekynige
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-28 02:17
@ robinho: It does that because when in the cradle the usb transfer option thing is on. Therefore it cant access the memory card (where i presume your custom ringtones are) because the pc has it mounted as a usb drive.

change this option then ur custom rings should work. (shortcut > connections > usb)
grizlore
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-12-28 18:45
@kfchoong

Quote:

On 2006-11-25 07:33:21, kfchoong wrote:
Yes. The P990i does show the picture of your contacts when they call or sms. But the picture / photo resolution is terrible.

Does it display a picture when you get a SMS?

I havent seen that.... How's that set-up please?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic