Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > De-Brand UR K800i!

Author De-Brand UR K800i!
UnholySinner
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-15 19:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am seriously thinking about de-branding my K800 using this site, but how will i get the settings for the 3's wap homepage as its good for the free stuff lol. Is this possible? Had a look at the site on the last post, but im from the UK and the site did not make any sense what so ever to me
BAH434X
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-15 21:35
Quote:

On 2006-07-15 19:38:44, UnholySinner wrote:
I am seriously thinking about de-branding my K800 using this site, but how will i get the settings for the 3's wap homepage as its good for the free stuff lol. Is this possible? Had a look at the site on the last post, but im from the UK and the site did not make any sense what so ever to me

Here are the Three setting you will need to put back in

Go to Connectivity
Data Communication
Data Accounts
New Account
PS Data
Give it a name - Three
APN - three.co.uk
Save
Edit
Password Request - Off
Allow Calls - Automatic
IP Address - Blank
DNS Address - Blank
Authentication - Tick Normal, Secure and None
Data Compression - Off
Header Compression - Off

Go to Connectivity
Data Communication
Internet Settings
Internet Profiles
New Profile
Name - Three WAP
Connect Using - Three (named earlier)
Save
Highlight and Select More
Settings
Internet Mode - Http
Use Proxy - No
Save
Advanced
Change Homepage
Name - 3 Services
Address - http://mobile.three.co.uk/hb/K800i/HutchKey (case sensitive)
Save

Go to Connectivity
Data Communication
Internet Settings
Internet Profiles
New Profile
Name - Three MMS
Connect Using - Three (named earlier)
Save
Settings
Internet Mode - WAP
IP Address - 217.171.129.2
Security - Off
Username - (blank)
Password - (blank)
Save
Advanced
Change Homepage
Name - MMS
Address - http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
Save

Go to Connectivity
Data Communication
Streaming Settings
Connect Using - Three
Use Proxy - No
Save

Go to Connectivity
Data Communication
Internet Settings
Internet Profiles
Select the Three WAP profile

Go to Messaging
Settings
Picture Message
Validity Period - Network maximum
Read Report - On
Delivery Report - On
Content Alert - On
Auto Download - Always
Accept Messages - (Select All)
Message Server - http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
Internet Profile - Three MMS
UnholySinner
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-16 00:55
excellent, thanks very much!
seddo
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-07-16 02:01
Hello
Can you not just go to se website and get your network settings re sent to your phone?
Regards
Lee
fastr1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-16 17:24
just to let you guys know before trying this -I could not flash my phone kept getting a runtime error ,contacted wotan support and they said that my 256mb ram was not enough memory and that you need about 512mb in order for decryption of the file.

johnamon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-17 09:13
This is my first post on the boards, I decided to flash my K800i based on the information in this thread!

I have (had!) a UK '3' network branded phone. This was some of the most horrible branding I had ever seen on a phone, it almost made me resent the absolutley fantastic deal i managed to get out of them!! Who in their right mind would put an advertising banner on the front of a phones main screen!! Anyway, onto the guts of the post.......

Firstly, I used the tool at www.wotanserver.com. I don't know if the DaVinci Team's tool is any better?? This meant that I had to install the USB flash drivers, which are available at the above address.

I bought a credit for the software, by logging into paypal and sending 7 euros (about £4.50ish) to the appropriate email address. Waited 30-40mins and I had an ftp login name and password.

I loaded up the tool, plugged the usb cable into the computer, and then plugged the phone into the computer while pressing and holding 'c' on the phone. The phone was found as a new device and i located & installed the correct flashing drivers which i downloaded earlier in this post. After installation was complete i unplugged my phone. It would not boot now, however removing the battery for 10 seconds sorted this little problem out!

I removed the sim card, replaced the battery, then plugged the phone into the cable while pressing and holding 'c' on the phone. I pressed start on the wotanserver tool, and it connected to my phone, I could now release the 'c' button.

I ensured that the correct region was selected (europe 2 uk, in my case), entered the ftp login information that i recieved via email, checked the finalise box (very important!) and hit the flash (start?) button!!

10 minutes later I had a nice de-branded phone

I filled in all the data & communications information as per the above post on this page. I now have a lovely de-branded K800i on the UK '3' network!!!

The '3' homepage works great through the new PlayNow main menu item. I have not tested mms capabilities though....

Thanks for all your help guys, this worked great!
morkjones
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-20 11:39
Hi there, i have an orange branded k800i, and really want to rebrand as the icons on the main menu are horrid! has anyone else on orange done this successfully? I just want to be sure that it will work safely and all buttons and functions etc will work properly! Cheers
jadler
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-21 00:31
I tried it a few days ago, K800i branded by Swedish 3, worked great, and I can use it for all 3 services just as before. I just had to enter the settings available on their site. I like the phone much better now, unbranded.
Johan Adler, Stockholm, Sweden
photo blog, K800i
=johan.adler
contact page
Phantasm4489
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-21 16:56
If you need to re-brand you can probably change your CDA back to the original and do an update from SEUS (this might mean you have to flash with an older firmware using davinci or similar to force SEUS to update).
what
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-21 21:11
I have now use wotanserver and it work exelent. My phone was branded from "3" sweden.
rogertb
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-23 12:30
This all sounds good ... I reallt dislike the 3 'look' ... especially the folder 'My Stuff' ... really winds ne up ... so (forgive my ignorance) will it just revert back to a basic SE interface ? then all I have to do is get it unlocked ... I want to put my Virgin Sim in the thing ... unless anyone can suggest why I should keep it as 3 ... I've been really happy with Virgin ... Thanks for your time Roger
asimmumtaz14
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-24 03:25
hi
i just want to ask, is it possible to get 3 SE k800i unlocked i tried many shops in ireland but no success, i think its not easy to get 3 network phone unlocked/
any idea let me know pls
Thanks
steviebm
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-24 11:10
Quote:

On 2006-07-08 17:55:24, martinbickley wrote:
I debranded my Vodafone K800i using this and I can still access Vodafone live and Mobile TV.

I had to get the settings resent to my phone from the Sony Ericsson website but other than that it worked a treat.

Where, exactly, did you get the settings? I can access http://live.vodafone.com/ from my K800i (the debrand went without a hitch), but can't get to the mobile TV: it simply says that my streaming settings are wrong.
martinbickley
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2006-07-24 11:31
You need to make sure the streaming settings in connectivity are set to connect using the Vodafone WAP profile.

Martin.
steviebm
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-24 11:45
Quote:

On 2006-07-24 11:31:29, martinbickley wrote:
You need to make sure the streaming settings in connectivity are set to connect using the Vodafone WAP profile.

D'oh! That fixed it, thanks
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi