Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > My "3" K800i mini review - not for html lite or 56k

12  Next
Author My "3" K800i mini review - not for html lite or 56k
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 11:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ello folks and welcome to my little K800i review from my 3 branded K800i..

So i got my K800i this morning and i thougt it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. oh how i was mistaken.

anyway in the box you get:

• 1x K800i handset
  • 1x BST-33 Battery
  • 1x DCU-60
  • 1x PHF that came with K750i
  • 1x CST-75 charger
  • 1x CR-Rom for PC only
  • 1x Manual
  • 1x Warranty info

only exciting thing about the above is the new CST-75, its basically a house version of the CLA-60 ie it allows you to plug a PHF into the end of the charger.

So I put the battery and sim in. turn it on and wait a few seconds. where im greeted with the usual do you want to set up. naturally i press No!

The size of the phone is very similar to that of an N70, however the N70 is more ergonomic.

The K800is menu is very similar to that on the W900i in terms on lay out, only thing is mine is 3 branded to buggery.. i dont have playnow i have Planet 3 and i dont have music player i have 3player.

phone seems fairly quick just not as much as a step from the W810/W900 as i wanted but hey ho.

so overall first impression is meh... not what i first thought it was going to be but im sure once ive got it debranded and unlocked so i can actually use it ill love it bearing in mind it is a

i've taken a few pics with the cam on no zoom and full zoom.

have also taken a quick video which i will upload to my site and provide a link for.

any questions?

give me a shout!

Cheers

fatreg

Photos from phone:

No zoom:

Full zoom:

sample video:

K800i video

EDIT: Sorry about size of pics.. but space doesnt matter on my server!

[ This Message was edited by: fatreg on 2006-07-01 10:41 ]
craul87
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 12:49
Your hands aren't really steady, now are they?
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 12:57
nope its called years and years of riding bikes and listening to music too loud..

most of my senses are degraded..

fatreg
awave
V600
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 13:11
Quote:

On 2006-07-01 12:57:47, fatreg wrote:
nope its called years and years of riding bikes and listening to music too loud..

most of my senses are degraded..

fatreg

hehe lol - cool phone mate, it really did turn up when they said! - just gonna put the 3gp video on my phone from there to see it, because windows crapped up a week ago and then i had to reinstall everything....yeh...i know - buy a mac...i will probably - just a couple of years left with a pc....it works...normally - i'm gonna go over to total linux but...for the moment - right back on topic - cool phone...i wish i won one of them instead of treo! hehehe - should be getting today - would buy a k800i, if 1) i had enough money and 2) i trusted myself with expensive equipment like this! - especially when taking around school in my trowser (hmm....im bad at spelling dunno whether spelt right ) pocket - i'm gonna be more careful with the treo...but might sell it instead and then buy an n80 if enough money because would be alot better even though its a brick!

-|- awave

EDIT - looked at the video now and....wow! that is soooo good quality! - pics look pretty good aswell - ofcourse they're not as good as a 3.2mp standalone digital camera, but they are definately good enough! - especially when phone camera's are for quick snaps imho. was that pic on full quality (fine) or on normal quality (erm...normal).

-|- awave

[ This Message was edited by: awave on 2006-07-01 12:17 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 13:20
normal quality..

will try with fine laters on for yous...

fatreg
kaiserftw
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 14:34
Great review. Just what I thought when I got my 3 K800i this morning as well.

By the way, I like the way 3 packages their phones. That all black colour looks very elegent.

[ This Message was edited by: kaiserftw on 2006-07-01 13:35 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-01 14:55
did 3 limited anything at the features?
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 17:58
not that ive seen boba..

can use mp3s as ringtones and send whatever i want..

just seems the menu is branded to buggery

i need da vinci to get on the case!

fatreg
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-01 18:00
thats nothing new at 3 branding, k608 was pretty buggy aswell
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-07-01 21:12
great..

well lets just hope da vinci are on the case....

fatreg
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-02 03:55
it would have been great if you resized the pics to about half the size. pics would show up clearer.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Sooteee
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-07-02 09:37
@ Fatreg

I've looked everywhere and got no sense, not even from SE (suprise). Anyway is the message alert limited to 6 seconds like it is on K750 and W810? Cos that really annoys me as sometimes it's not long enough.

Mines due for upgrade this month and am really considering this phone but the 6 second thing might just sway me in another direction.

Ta

Sooteee
To request drugs please press hash...
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-07-02 12:33
nope only 6 secs again.

and all phots bar phone photos resized..

fatreg
Sooteee
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-07-02 14:32
Ta.

S
To request drugs please press hash...
Philspc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-06 14:26
Hey all,

First time poster (woo!). I picked up one of these on Three last week, and agree with the OP. It's a bit ... meh. It's nice, but not really much of a change from the year-old D750i I had before. I remember the change from T610 to D750i being pretty big. But this time ... underwhelming would be a good word.

The "longer" screen means the buttons are all squashed together making them a bit fiddly to use in a hurry, the camera seems a bit iffy, the lens cover slider looks like it'd snap off in a sharp breeze, and the Three branding is horrible. I've been with T-Mobile for a few years and was never a fan of their branding - but this is just crazy - the horrible scrolly banner thing on the standby page, the fact that they take up 2 of the buttons on the main menu with nonsense, the fact that the music button loads some nasty Java music-selling app.

A bigger irritation for me is the it seems you can only access websites from a select list. A list on which several of the links I tried were broken. For example, I used to use my old phone to check GMail regularly, by going to http://m.gmail.com. With Three the only option I'm given is to go to http://www.gmailwireless.com (some weird looking site which doesn't provide any services anymore).

Not being an expert on all things phone-related - I guess I need to keep an eye on Da Vinci for a solution to the branding problem. And .... is there a solution to the internet issues?

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

[ This Message was edited by: Philspc on 2006-07-06 13:47 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi