Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Corrupt SMS in W800i after increasing the SMS Memory

Author Corrupt SMS in W800i after increasing the SMS Memory
g33k
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 07:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi all,

Has anyone noticed corrupt/junk sms in W800i after increasing the SMS memory using FAR plugin method? I have a high SMS usage and have the habit of archiving my SMS's after a period. But recently after changing the SMS capacity limit, I'm facing lots of corrupt/junk SMS's in my Inbox/Sent Items folder. Those messages are normal at a point. The corrupt occurs randomly.

If there are corrupt sms's in the folders, nor the Float's Mobile Agent neither Myphone explorer gets the SMS information.

Will it be normal if I switch back to my old configuration of smsdata?

Is there anything else that can be done to fix this issue?

Any suggestions to fix this issue would be great.

Thanks again to help the issue.

-
g33k

Added:

Thanks for the reply people.
The number of SMS that were there in the phone has not exceeded 150 during the occurance of the corruption and also, the length of the SMS's are well within text limit of one SMS. (I think it is around 160 characters right?)

Looks like, i need to switch back to the original settings. Another point to be noted is that, i have lots of Java Applications and Games which occupy around 10MB of memory. I have to try again by running the java apps continously and check whether the SMS corruption occurs after that or not. (It's an issue to investigate). As far as I know, accessing the file system using the FAR Plugin should not create any issues as it does not modify anything with the firmware and such things. It just works with the inbuild memory where the file system structures are located. (Probably the dir/file FAT entry and the actual FAT). As long as one has the backup,(Alas, I don't have a complete backup and I would like know, if anybody has backed-up the complete FS folder from a W800i CID 36 Phone! Mine is partial with the files which I have modified, but would like to check a full backup for comparison reasons. ) you can always restore it to the phone without causing any real damage to the phone.

Will update more with findings.

Thanks again for everybody's help.

[ This Message was edited by: g33k on 2006-06-29 12:41 ]
aremaboy
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 08:31
Hmm-that's why I have never tried FAR Plug-in so far. I am too 'scared' it hurts my baby 'original-K750'..I accept how K750 is meant to be from the factory..Maybe more experts can help you..
mrwoll
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 10:17
I had a problem with sms after modding in which when deleting the messages from sent items they would just keep coming back on rebooting the phone.

Maybe the soloution discussed here may help: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=123260&start=615

kristianm
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-29 10:33
Well, it says here that if you have more than about 1000 messages, the phone could get pretty unstable:

http://forum.unlock.no/index.[....]10183&st=0&p=55541&#entry55541
g-roxx0304
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 12:28
maybe this is because of the sms.
it's too long.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi