Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > LG "Chocolate" phone Reviewed

Author LG "Chocolate" phone Reviewed
djsaad1
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-06-02 16:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
what about the phone book if i take the sim out of my SE right now and copy it into the LG do you think all the numbers will sync up right or will there be multiple contacts for different numbers of the same contact?
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-06-02 19:24
The phone book is multiple entry to the one name, same as Nokia and SE.

Out of interest have any of you other owners tried the supplied software, seems to instal ok, and when you connect up the phone via supplied USB the comp sees the phone as a USB mass storage device, and you can browse the folders, but the sync software cannot see the phone, it states, invalid comms port.

Anyone else have issues with this?
mik_tobre
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-02 19:32
i have questions, im from philippines, is it available here? and if yes, how much? and where can i buy it?
a4turbos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-05 19:02
regarding the pc sync software, i cant get it to work properly at all. If you go into the connectivity and turn modem ON, it will see what is on the mobile contact wise. What you do with it then is beyond me... you cant save it as far as i can see.

I had a K700i and took the sim card from it to the chocolate, it appears as expected with multiple numbers and same contacts. with /h or /m suffixs.

I tried bluetoothing the contacts to the LG, that failed as well. Now gonna try exporting contacts via floats mobile agent to a csv file, and try and upload that way via the lg pc sync... who knows.

if anyone gets a good answer post it here..cheers

edit...got it sorted. Once the sync programme is running and connected to your mobile you READ the contents of outlook. Then using the arrows in the middle of the page ( which i totally missed the first time) you can transfer to the mobile/sim. It works fine.

[ This Message was edited by: a4turbos on 2006-06-06 10:57 ]
badgerhunter
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-13 17:29
wow nice review there!
thanks very much
considering getting one of these at some point if i can, really do like the sounds of it. i have been looking for a good in depth review too.

hmmm might get one, how is the interface? i currently use a sony ericsson, doesnt look a whole world apart really
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-15 21:29
the menu is similar to Samsung's, it's easy to use and you'll be able to get the hang of things in a couple of hours.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi