Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Danger: new firmware STILL has ms bug!

Author Danger: new firmware STILL has ms bug!
chowkb
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 07:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have tested on PCs with and without PCsuit and encountered the same error. I also tried a 64mb MS and my phone resets once.
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 07:38
Got the error several times when xferring with P.C. suite installed. But one largish copy worked. I removed p.c. suite, reset phone and tried copying from MS. 3/4 of the way through copying 350mb - "parameter is incorrect". Bugger! It is interesting that sometimes it will happen after only several files. And then other times it will copy a large chunk and even sometimes succeed. Oh well!
private
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 17:26
i have the same bug. it says arameter incorrect" while transferring files from duo to pc.
chowkb
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-17 18:23
I think "mwarner" should list this as an official bug on the Firmware Overview.....
optiplex
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-12-18 17:08
Quote:

On 2005-12-17 06:11:43, Dan_Aykroyd wrote:
Which version are you on optiplex? If it's R1N or above... then I'd say "go for it", as it won't get worse.

If you are on the original R1L002, then DEFINETLY stay with it!

@Dan_Aykroyd

I have R1N035. Up until yesterday I didn’t notice the so called “MS transfer bug” every one is talking about of R1N. But yesterday when I tried to copy several large files I kept getting errors and loosing files that I copy. That had never happened to me.

I have transferred few large files (close to 250MB each) successfully before without any errors, but I only had one large file at a time. I think the error was triggered by trying to copy several large files (75MB+) at once. Now I seem to get it often regardless of the number of files. Maybe I have woken up a dormant bug, or I’ve been lucky all this time.

Anyways now I feel like updating despite the parameter incorrect error which some ppl experience after the update cos loosing files and data corruption is far more worse than getting that parameter incorrect error and starting allover.
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-19 10:59
yes... its pretty obvious that theres a glitch... but then the workaround is really easy.... just look for another USB port around yer pc... connect it... itll install anew.. then your good to go.. just lyk i did. try finding another available port then reinstall the said drivers... and viola!
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-12-19 11:03
Quote:

On 2005-12-17 04:34:54, chowkb wrote:
Here is the case, I have a VAIO VGN-S38GP laptop which has 2 physical usb ports (tried both) both have PI error (Parameter Incorrect). Now I tried disabling USB Root Hub power management and encountered the same error. I make sure the phone is flat on the table, nothing is touching the cable, and I'm using a wireless keyboard / mouse on the other table avoiding physical contact so I'm sure that it is not cable problem. To confirm my suspician that it is the firmware problem, I even went to work and connect it, re-installed drivers, tried all ports with same error. Went to my friend's home, tried it all over again with the same error.

What I do was simply drag and drop around 800-900mb of data from my 1 Gig Stick back to the computer and it will almost always fail during the first 20%.

That is my findings so far.

same here.... i noticed when i choose multiple files without dragging my mouse from edge to edge of my window (meaning ctrl+clicking one file to another) the transfer will be successful... but if i select multiple files via dragging... then copying them back to the pc... thats when the prob starts...

fishy
"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
optiplex
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-12-19 11:06
I tried updating but R1AA008 is still not available for APAC 1.
chowkb
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-12-19 14:18
Quote:

On 2005-12-19 10:59:58, rockygali wrote:
yes... its pretty obvious that theres a glitch... but then the workaround is really easy.... just look for another USB port around yer pc... connect it... itll install anew.. then your good to go.. just lyk i did. try finding another available port then reinstall the said drivers... and viola!

I just have 2 physical USB ports on my laptop and both of them I've tried with no luck. Also, I've tried other computers Win 2000 and XP and different USB ports as well, but all produced the same error. I am glad that switching to another USB worked for you. I guess I'm just unlucky to have this bug haunt me until the next firmware comes along.

The first time I notice this error was when I listen to my songs on my MS DUO stick connected to my computer at work. I used winamp and just played the songs straight from the Removable drive. It used to work 100% of the time when I have R1L002 firmware, but ever since I used R1NA005 and now R1AA008, I will constantly get cut off from my songs and when I browse the removable drive, everything there will be gone until I reconnect the cable again. This is most annoying and I rather have the R1L002 firmware back........
starhannes
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-12-19 14:27
Quote:

On 2005-12-19 11:06:43, optiplex wrote:
I tried updating but R1AA008 is still not available for APAC 1.

worked for me two days ago!

Anyway i can say that with R1NA035 i had the MS Bug but
WITH R1AA008 THE MS DUO TRANSFER PROBLEM IS GONE!

Transfered 700mb of songs over without a loss! which didnt work with the R1N!

[ This Message was edited by: starhannes on 2005-12-19 15:09 ]
Dan_Aykroyd
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-12-19 15:47
Exactly; changing USB ports doesn't work for everyone... may be as well just coincidence or something for those that it works; I don't know; but I doubt that reinstalling the drivers in a new port will work since it is something related to the phone / firmware...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi