Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Will the p800 be as slow as the t68 when it comes to writing SMS?

Previous  12
Author Will the p800 be as slow as the t68 when it comes to writing SMS?
adamrj
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 14:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Um... yeah, but Ericssons have never exactly been fast have they. I found it totally unacceptable on my PF768 that it took 2 minutes to get into the address book after turning it on, and guess what, 4/5 years later the T68 is just as bad. There's nothing to suggest SE are going to improve the speed of the P800.

Actually I was playing with a 7650 yesterday - the one single thing that makes it feel way ahead of any SE phone is the speed of everything - the menu system is instant, and there's only a short delay for any memory-intensive operation such as opening pictures. I've got used to the T68, but the Nokia feels way better - when you go back to the T68, it feels just it's deliberately trying to annoy you.

But as I've said elsewhere I won't be getting a 7650, as it doesn't have the BT headset profile. Another consideration to add to the list is the Canary/Stinger...

Adam
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-22 14:42
I had no problems with the older 5v Ericssons... The GH688, GF788 were just fine! It's when they introduced the new 3v platform on the T28...that's when they suddenly slowed down.

The R380 was fast... it was very fast... I think the P800 will be at par with the R380 when it comes to menu & SMS speed.
casperr
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-09-22 15:34
Yes, I hope they really sort this "speed issue". They should look at the basic functions of the phone where they are behind Nokia IMO.
SE, please release a firmware that will let us modify our t68i's message tone!
cykor
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-22 15:53
@adamrj
Access phone book is very slow with every phone when it's just turned on...
Talking about the menu speed ... have you tried Panasonic ones?
I used a GD92 for year and when I tried 8210
... oh no, same feeling like you just turn back to t68

I choose T68i coz I think the speed is acceptable,
but its function ... not other comparable.
(have you read the comparation between MCA-20 and 7650's camera?
7650's photo looks like hell)

But for sure, I really don't know why Ericsson man left their high-end product so slow? I don't think their designers and programmers react so slow like their phone ...

[ This Message was edited by: cykor on 2002-09-24 03:58 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi